VFL Geelong VFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah maybe I'm too risk averse.

If he does come in I'll celebrate but also I'll be quietly packing my dacks that he'll get his confidence knocked

Its a point we need to know the kid more. Some kids would put their head down, others would get more determined. If he got picked id be instructing him to try to do what he does well and not focus on the other areas as much. I dont think Neale would be lighter than when we put SDek in the ruck contests ..and he is not really more than a fill in ruck. No way could we expect him to be our #1 ruck but as guys who could help out , I suspect he could do it. No doubt its a big step ..as im sure Demp could testify to.

Its a point we need to know the kid more. Some kids would put their head down, others would get more determined. If he got picked id be instructing him to try to do what he does well and not focus on the other areas as much. I dont think Neale would be lighter than when we put SDek in the ruck contests ..and he is not really more than a fill in ruck. No way could we expect him to be our #1 ruck but as guys who could help out , I suspect he could do it. No doubt its a big step ..as im sure Demp could testify to.
If we want him to do what he does well we need to drop a forward for him.

Not averse to resting Cameron for him though probably not this week

Yeah maybe I'm too risk averse.

If he does come in I'll celebrate but also I'll be quietly packing my dacks that he'll get his confidence knocked

Anyone who has seen Neale at VFL level knows that bringing him into the seniors now is setting him up to fail. He's shown some nice signs at VFL level but he's still got a long way to go.

Reminds me of Blicavs' debut. He clearly wasn't ready but we had no other option.

Good memory! I was at his debut game but id completely forgotten about that.

Shows a clear difference between Geelong supporters and Coaching staff on how they rate Cooper Stephens.
I think it's roughly in line with what a lot of us were saying in this thread. The difference is that Stephens is at a point where he needs game time in the seniors for his development and Knevitt is at a point where he needs gym time and whey protein.

Shows a clear difference between Geelong supporters and Coaching staff on how they rate Cooper Stephens.
We are all also guilty of doing this in any game. It’s how we see a player play compared with expectation from the club.
Just look at our MVP thread after a game and compare it to the coaches votes, some people aren’t even close.
Nothing wrong with that either, this is a opinion based platform

I think it's roughly in line with what a lot of us were saying in this thread. The difference is that Stephens is at a point where he needs game time in the seniors for his development and Knevitt is at a point where he needs gym time and whey protein.

Watching Stephens last weekend gave me Darcy Lang flashbacks.

Just watched the replay -

Get Cooper in FFS. no hes not starring - but he'e doing his job. Give the kid a shake

Neale has a little further to go - but damn its all there. Need to re-sign here and quick and get him a coupla games this year too.

Roll the damn dice - which aint that big a gamble really.

When Jezza has a week off Neale plays.

GO CAtters

Watching Stephens last weekend gave me Darcy Lang flashbacks.
Our VFL side is full of scrawny kids and you expect Stephens to get 40 disposals and kick 3 goals a week with next to no help. I'm not sure you're understanding of how things work at lower levels and how much better some kids play when surrounded by a bit more quality.

It's a completely different standard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our VFL side is full of scrawny kids and you expect Stephens to get 40 disposals and kick 3 goals a week with next to no help. I'm not sure you're understanding of how things work at lower levels and how much better some kids play when surrounded by a bit more quality.

It'll be interesting to see how much his game transfers

It'll be interesting to see how much his game transfers
Wait until he's had a couple of solid seasons injury free. He's virtually a 1st year player.

Great points , totally agree.
You see it all the time at Junior Footy when good Club kids really excel when they go to Development squad and are surrounded by other good Club kids.
Cooper Whyte impressed in one of the preseason games for a 1/4 or so when he was on the ball - could be another to watch along with Knevitt?
Looking forward to what Willis and Kroeger have to offer once over their injuries.
Neale , Cooper S and Stevens to get their chances and hopefully soon.
Doomsday scenario but interesting what we do in the second half of the season if we are say 5 & 6?

Great points , totally agree.
You see it all the time at Junior Footy when good Club kids really excel when they go to Development squad and are surrounded by other good Club kids.
Cooper Whyte impressed in one of the preseason games for a 1/4 or so when he was on the ball - could be another to watch along with Knevitt?
Looking forward to what Willis and Kroeger have to offer once over their injuries.
Neale , Cooper S and Stevens to get their chances and hopefully soon.
Doomsday scenario but interesting what we do in the second half of the season if we are say 5 & 6?
The only hesitation I have on Whyte was that he was apparently great training with the mids over the preseason, then did great first couple of matches in the vfl. But after that he was told to learn a second position to get him in the senior side but has been unsighted. Might be one of those guys who has to be midfield

We will field a poor VFL sides this week with all the injuries and the travel players with AFL

Yep less than 5 afl listed players i expect.

Any returning? I'm looking at Menegola for some managed minutes. Maybe Kroeger who I think started training two weeks ago. Knevitt might not travel too
Dahlhaus, Neale, and one more

All emergencies are travelling AFAIK. No Menegola or Kroeger either.

Confirmation tomorrow afternoon of the VFL list - Emergencies will be listed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back