List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time post after a long time lurking. Compelled to because the drivel from some of our supporters has me fuming. Logue is dispensable depth? Treacy is a failed forward at 19? I mean honestly... Treacy is 19, off the rookie list and coming off no pre-season. The team has been crying out for a bit of aggression in the forward line for years, and for a key forward who can dob them from 50, and we finally have one (on the cheap mind you). A good representation of his potential is the first quarter against North. Tank, stickier hands and leading patterns will come with, ohh I don't know, the many years of development he has left to be an elite AFL forward??

As for Logue - we can all see the occasional brain fades and positioning errors. What staggers me is that people fail to see the overwhelming positives and consider him tradeable. He is one of the better lockdown defenders in the league for athletic talls. That's just unarguable to me. He is also of good character and versatile. At 23, he's far from the peak of his powers. Trading him would be beyond folly. Team balance is a pissweak excuse - quality is quality and there's enough versatility throughout our team to get it working.

There’s a pick 1 KPF running around at CHB for the swans

It’s the AFL it’s all about how your game translates , yard slow and half a foot short without much of a leap makes him a 30/70 chance to make it as a genuine AFL KPF I’d say

Love his attitude too but his measurables would be why he ended up in the rookie draft

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

The Dees are able to keep Ben Brown, sam weideman, Tom Mcdonald and Bailey Fritsch all on the list and competing hard for spots while winning flags.
One of them may leave this year but they will probably have two flags won by then as a club, while 4 players are jostling for 3 spots in the team.
Then underneath it all they have Jacob Van Rooyen kicking bags at VFL level each week.
Thats the standard bearer club and what all other clubs are aspiring to.

Fritsch is nothing like the other three. He’s not even close to a tall forward.

McDonald (end of 2020) and Weideman (end of 2021) have been very close to leaving in the past. The system has almost forced them out of the demons like it was designed to do. It could force Jackson out instead - who knows.

JVR was only drafted last year.

I have already said I think Logue will eventually stay.

First time post after a long time lurking. Compelled to because the drivel from some of our supporters has me fuming. Logue is dispensable depth? Treacy is a failed forward at 19? I mean honestly... Treacy is 19, off the rookie list and coming off no pre-season. The team has been crying out for a bit of aggression in the forward line for years, and for a key forward who can dob them from 50, and we finally have one (on the cheap mind you). A good representation of his potential is the first quarter against North. Tank, stickier hands and leading patterns will come with, ohh I don't know, the many years of development he has left to be an elite AFL forward??

As for Logue - we can all see the occasional brain fades and positioning errors. What staggers me is that people fail to see the overwhelming positives and consider him tradeable. He is one of the better lockdown defenders in the league for athletic talls. That's just unarguable to me. He is also of good character and versatile. At 23, he's far from the peak of his powers. Trading him would be beyond folly. Team balance is a pissweak excuse - quality is quality and there's enough versatility throughout our team to get it working.

Mentioning Treacy was poor by me.

My intent of the comment was that just because you’ve played two weeks in a row you aren’t best 22. I’ve edited my post accordingly.

I actually think Treacy was bloody impressive last season. The lack of pre season is a good point no one has brought up yet. We need to give him more time.

What's the story with Motlop, Freo and Carlton?
Motlop was in our NGA but classed as Metropolitan Indigenous.
For that draft the Metro NGA players outside of Victoria, NSW and QLD couldn't have a bid matched until after pick #40.

There’s a pick 1 KPF running around at CHB for the swans

It’s the AFL it’s all about how your game translates , yard slow and half a foot short without much of a leap makes him a 30/70 chance to make it as a genuine AFL KPF I’d say

Love his attitude too but his measurables would be why he ended up in the rookie draft

I think he is more of a third tall who applies pressure rather than your genuine KPF monster, and he has some very strong traits for that role - aggression (particularly pack crashing), pressure, snaps, accurate set-shot kicking (although of late its been askew), body-size, agility. I'm not saying he is the next MP, i'm saying he has every chance of being a very good footballer. He is also a good combination with Amiss and Sturt, with each offering something a bit different.

In any event, my core point is there is this ridiculous tendency here to write off teenagers based on subjective get feel, and the idea that draftees should from the outset show Chris Judd levels of aptitude or be cut. There was a good post earlier (not sure if on this thread) showing treacy to be tracking decently against first round KPF around his age bracket. That alone suggests he's worth persevering with.

I think he is more of a third tall who applies pressure rather than your genuine KPF monster, and he has some very strong traits for that role - aggression (particularly pack crashing), pressure, snaps, accurate set-shot kicking (although of late its been askew), body-size, agility. I'm not saying he is the next MP, i'm saying he has every chance of being a very good footballer. He is also a good combination with Amiss and Sturt, with each offering something a bit different.

In any event, my core point is there is this ridiculous tendency here to write off teenagers based on subjective get feel, and the idea that draftees should from the outset show Chris Judd levels of aptitude or be cut. There was a good post earlier (not sure if on this thread) showing treacy to be tracking decently against first round KPF around his age bracket. That alone suggests he's worth persevering with.

Half the good KPD’s in the comp started as fwds

Sure he is a little behind on his development but how many players have second year blues? He's a 19 year old rookie who has kicked as many goals as the top KPFS taken from his draft year. Let's give him every chance to succeed!
I don't see him as behind in his development. Think he is doing OK. I don't have an expectation for him to be best 22 yet, and he is well behind both Lobb and Taberner.

Reality is he may not make, but that's not a judgement on a 19 year old KPF who has shown some promise.

So would you rather Motlop instead of Erasmus or Amiss or Johnson
Motlop wasn't top 20 so he doesn't come into the conversation for any of them. Posters were wrong about him that's my point, not that the club should have sacrified anyone in our draft haul for him.

Motlop wasn't top 20 so he doesn't come into the conversation for any of them. Posters were wrong about him that's my point, not that the club should have sacrified anyone in our draft haul for him.

Only reason I’d be pissed off we didn’t get him is the AFL.

Those late picks from GC we got on the Brodie trade would’ve been close enough to enough points to match.

What a draft it would’ve been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has English actually signed on as reported?

I see dogs going hard for Logue

I personally want to keep him however, should a trade come about

English for Logue clean swap seems somewhat fair?

Or dogs first pick will be likely 8-15?

Fair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has English actually signed on as reported?

I see dogs going hard for Logue

I personally want to keep him however, should a trade come about

English for Logue clean swap seems somewhat fair?

Or dogs first pick will be likely 8-15?

Fair?

So we have three rucks and two key backs, one an injury waiting to happen. Makes sense.

I really dont think we can afford to lose Logue. Pearce is made of tissue paper and seems to barely be making it through each week. We have depth in the backline if you think Hamling is going to come good but I see that as a long shot at this stage. Like Dockeroo said, Melbourne have 3 KPFs competiing for two spots each week, we should be able to do the same with our KPDs

Logue is a must keep IMO, if you need proof, I'd think the game from Curnow this week and the one from Cameron the week after he played us is pretty conclusive as to how good Logue is becoming

So we have three rucks and two key backs, one an injury waiting to happen. Makes sense.

No it also assumes we lose Meek, good chance

We lose Lobb… good chance

English and Darcy rotate forward / ruck which both can do

Again, read the post, I’m wanting to keep Logue for your very reasons, but it’s a hypothetical question to entertain the masses, relax

No it also assumes we lose Meek, good chance

We lose Lobb… good chance

English and Darcy rotate forward / ruck which both can do

Again, read the post, I’m wanting to keep Logue for your very reasons, but it’s a hypothetical question to entertain the masses, relax

does it?

I really dont think we can afford to lose Logue. Pearce is made of tissue paper and seems to barely be making it through each week. We have depth in the backline if you think Hamling is going to come good but I see that as a long shot at this stage. Like Dockeroo said, Melbourne have 3 KPFs competiing for two spots each week, we should be able to do the same with our KPDs

Logue is a must keep IMO, if you need proof, I'd think the game from Curnow this week and the one from Cameron the week after he played us is pretty conclusive as to how good Logue is becoming

I haven't really been commenting on the whole Logue thing, but I seriously can't see Logue moving on. If we were to remake the leadership group right now without Fyfe, Mundy & Pearce then Logue would be the next one picked behind Brayshaw & Serong. I just can't see how the club will let someone as highly rated among the players as he is go. Logue's character would suggest that he would be the first to understand why he's been in & out of the side.

Last edited:
The number of KPDs we have and the depth on our list has nothing to do with whether we keep Logue imo. I see it as a flawed argument when talking about a player that clearly thinks (and should think) he’s best 22. As I keep saying it’d be his decision to leave not the club’s.

He’d be best 22 at most clubs so it’s up to the club to show that’s how they see him.

Pearce, Cox and Logue can and will play in the same side imo.

It’s not quite like the KPFs at Melbourne. They can’t all play in the same side and two of the three KPFs have come very very close to leaving in the last two trade periods. The salary cap system is designed to make it hard to keep good players that are not best 22 and it was.

I think we keep Logue and hope we do but the salary cap system and market demand imo will make it much harder to keep Logue than a lot of you think it’s going to be.

Logan McDonald looked incredible against Carlton tonight imo, very strong contested mark and accurate kick.

Schitts Creek Please GIF by CBC

I'm not ready for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back