Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to P&W 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Tribunal reasoning:

We consider the way in which Switkowski maneuvered Ginnivan's arm ... was intentional, unsportsmanlike and dangerous.

It clearly had the potential to cause injury and significant injury ... it was surprising no injury resulted.

This was not just an act of misconduct, but admitted to be an act of serious misconduct. In our view, the appropriate sanction is a two-week suspension.

In the absence of a comprehensive guilty plea, the sanction would have been higher"
That description makes 2 weeks look very generous.

You mean something like this?
iu

Before I went to sleep I just wanted to let you all know i love Jack. The Guinea Pig, the Snag Monster, the s**t stirrer, flippen birds and kicking snags… snags sleep with the light on when the Pig is around… they know!! What a kid!!! Night all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw his Fremantle goal. I reckon he could be part of your leadership team or captain.

Emotion, Vulnerability, and a passion. Majority of footballer treat it like 9-5 but Ginnivan stands out.

He reminds me of Toby Greene without being a dick. He needs a better PR team and shift the narrative of riling people up to just showing raw emotion and happy to be there.

I guarantee if you ask Jack is he purposely being a dick and riling people up he would say no. He is just happy to be there. So why do you guys (Pendlebury) accept the narrative I don't understand

Just saw his Fremantle goal. I reckon he could be part of your leadership team or captain.

Emotion, Vulnerability, and a passion. Majority of footballer treat it like 9-5 but Ginnivan stands out.

He reminds me of Toby Greene without being a dick. He needs a better PR team and shift the narrative of riling people up to just showing raw emotion and happy to be there.
I don't think he cares what the narrative is. He's just having a ball.

I don't think he cares what the narrative is. He's just having a ball.
I think he cares about being authentic and honest. Painting him as purposely being a dick and fake probably bothers him because it's not who he is. Eventually if the narrative is too strong it will bother him so it's best to pre-emptively strike it down

It's bizarre that he has managed to get opposition players to do two of the biggest dog acts we've seen in recent years in a matter of weeks.

The unnecessary cowardice is what makes it truly odd. Both attacked him on the ground from behind. I mean, he's not exactly Fraser Gehrig, is he? If you want to hit the bloke, why on Earth wouldn't you just do it face to face?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's bizarre that he has managed to get opposition players to do two of the biggest dog acts we've seen in recent years in a matter of weeks.

The unnecessary cowardice is what makes it truly odd. Both attacked him on the ground from behind. I mean, he's not exactly Fraser Gehrig, is he? If you want to hit the bloke, why on Earth wouldn't you just do it face to face?

Because he’s too slippery… he’d see it coming and just duck and draw a free kick, all the time smiling and givin* the crowd a wave.

Amazing how much attention Ginni’s getting, and the love/hate from opposition fans. The kid just puts a smile on your face. I now look for him in the warm-up, and when he runs out - where is Ginni? And feel better when I see him.

I doubt Hine knew the full extent of what he drafted with this kid.

And he is not one dimensional. He has a high level of footy intelligence - whatever that is - and is getting better and more involved with each game.

Unpopular opinion, but I don't see him becoming a gun forward pocket, and probably not even a long term best 22 lock. I hope he proves me wrong, but we've seen a number of times small forwards have a couple of good games, but in reality struggle to be regular performers.
Another McOrist too perhaps, although his only good game, when he kicked 6 goals, was his first. Then he foolishly informed the footy world of the secret of his success, and was never again able to successfully execute his 'unchecked-man-constantly-on-the-move' game.

But seriously, I think Ginnivan will prove you wrong.

Jack certainly has X factor. He just has to keep getting the balance right between flair and dickheadedness.

As for the Freo player, that should have been 4 weeks,

Another McOrist too perhaps, although his only good game, when he kicked 6 goals, was his first. Then he foolishly informed the footy world of the secret of his success, and was never again able to successfully execute his 'unchecked-man-constantly-on-the-move' game.

But seriously, I think Ginnivan will prove you wrong.
Yes I was there that day at the Junction Oval in 1972. Greening took the mark of the day on the outer wing when Bluey Adams commentated, "Greening - what a ripper!".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back