Another US mass shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind the name being out there, but I just hate the media repeating it over and over. Name him once and that is it.
That's fine, if you want to know you can go and find, I'm merely suggesting we let the campaigner remain nameless as much as possible. And it's merely a suggestion, if people want to name him it's a free country.

America is fast becoming a toilet:
  • Mass shootings at schools becoming the norm
  • Overurning Roe vs Wade, and implimentation of droconian abortion laws in stome states
  • Insurrection on the white house, that was basically swept under the rug
  • Privatised health care, if your poor you cant afford to get sick/injured.
  • Politiciation (Dems vs GOP) of every level of society
Im sure there is another half a dozen examples, but guess we are all jealous of 'mericas freedom, becasue no one else has that :rolleyes:

• Overurning Roe vs Wade, and implimentation of droconian abortion laws in stome states
Im sure there is another half a dozen examples, but guess we are all jealous of 'mericas freedom, becasue no one else has that :rolleyes:

Won't be too long and most of the Middle East will be a better place to live than the US.

"Becoming"?

Well it won’t be long until there is the Fox pivot to immigration then.
Surely this is evidence of how seamlessly this individual assimilated into US culture though? :(

Is that correct about 90% Americans wanting controls? I've always thought a large % of yanks don't want any restrictions

It's like abortion in that regard. Almost every gun owner there secures their firearms in some way, shape or form but they aren't the problem. They would be fine with a requirement for locking them away and they support background checks - that constitutes support for gun control.

Just like how a majority of them support first trimester abortion but not after that.

In both cases the two sides end up arguing the extreme when there is a perfectly sellable middle ground - just not one either extreme will support and those extreme groups are the ones who turn up to vote on the issue.

The gun lobby in the USA isn't the problem, it's that if you added a ghost candidate in every electoral race for almost 100 years called "Did Not Bother To Vote" they would have won almost all, if not every single seat and office and race in that time and both parties are afraid of that motivated apathy on something almost everyone in the US doesn't cause any problem with in firearms.

For what it's worth I think Australia's system works just fine. Even if only the waiting periods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that correct about 90% Americans wanting controls? I've always thought a large % of yanks don't want any restrictions
90% might be a touch high, but pretty much correct.

It's like abortion in that regard. Almost every gun owner there secures their firearms in some way, shape or form but they aren't the problem. They would be fine with a requirement for locking them away and they support background checks - that constitutes support for gun control.

Just like how a majority of them support first trimester abortion but not after that.

In both cases the two sides end up arguing the extreme when there is a perfectly sellable middle ground - just not one either extreme will support and those extreme groups are the ones who turn up to vote on the issue.

The gun lobby in the USA isn't the problem, it's that if you added a ghost candidate in every electoral race for almost 100 years called "Did Not Bother To Vote" they would have won almost all, if not every single seat and office and race in that time and both parties are afraid of that motivated apathy on something almost everyone in the US doesn't cause any problem with in firearms.

For what it's worth I think Australia's system works just fine. Even if only the waiting periods.
I think the timing of it is good for those in favour of gun control. The primaries are almost over, so Senators care more about the public vote than being primaried in the GOP by a pro-gun NRA candidate. Good, organised gun-control campaigns targetting GOP seats where the population aren't gun crazy could work over the next 3 months.

Get those GOP Senate candidates to vote against gun control and take their chances at the polls with people who are seeing children being gunned down.

Meanwhile, Fox and the GOP are going to say stop politicising the tragedy, running parrallel with stories about immigrants murdering people and pretending they're not politicising it themselves.

The GOP are desperate to make this an immigration election, the Dems should be desperate to make it a gun-control election.

Both will be screaming "won't somebody think of the children?!?!?!"

I tend to agree, you can't accuse a snake of being a snake when it comes to the gun lobby.

Biggest issue remains political parties that won't act and a voting system that ignores and alienates the middle - pollies in that system will not be held accountable as the cards are stacked in their favour.

I absolutely loved my visits to America in the past but it is less and less appealing as time goes on.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Same. Ive been twice about 10 years ago and the people are friendly and welcoming.

When i see videos of some cities now, homelessness is out of control, drug use is sky high, and mass shootings are becoming more regular.

I distinctly remember the first time our tour bus stopped at a walmart to grab some snacks and I saw rifles hanging on a wall with ammunition in a glass cabinet below. The access to those things is ridiculous. Felt quite uncomfortable seeing how easy it was to purchase guns like that.

I tend to agree, you can't accuse a snake of being a snake when it comes to the gun lobby.

Biggest issue remains political parties that won't act and a voting system that ignores and alienates the middle - pollies in that system will not be held accountable as the cards are stacked in their favour.

It's not the gun lobby that the Democrats feared when they didn't pass their promise of gun reform at the start of both Obama and Biden's terms, I think it's the fear of not having it to run on next election.

But I'm cynical about politics. I think doing something about it could cost votes and a political act done years ago doesn't gain you votes when they are talking about new issues - you certainly don't get to run on fixing a problem you already fixed and there isn't a penalty to not doing anything while the people believe the gun lobby excuse.

Same. Ive been twice about 10 years ago and the people are friendly and welcoming.

When i see videos of some cities now, homelessness is out of control, drug use is sky high, and mass shootings are becoming more regular.

I distinctly remember the first time our tour bus stopped at a walmart to grab some snacks and I saw rifles hanging on a wall with ammunition in a glass cabinet below. The access to those things is ridiculous. Felt quite uncomfortable seeing how easy it was to purchase guns like that.
Re the Walmart I always thought that was something of an urban myth. Can any bozo just go and buy one?

I think the timing of it is good for those in favour of gun control. The primaries are almost over, so Senators care more about the public vote than being primaried in the GOP by a pro-gun NRA candidate. Good, organised gun-control campaigns targetting GOP seats where the population aren't gun crazy could work over the next 3 months.

Get those GOP Senate candidates to vote against gun control and take their chances at the polls with people who are seeing children being gunned down.

Meanwhile, Fox and the GOP are going to say stop politicising the tragedy, running parrallel with stories about immigrants murdering people and pretending they're not politicising it themselves.

The GOP are desperate to make this an immigration election, the Dems should be desperate to make it a gun-control election.

Both will be screaming "won't somebody think of the children?!?!?!"
We have our false flag theory right here. Created by the dems to get votes for mid terms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back