List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll probably cop thumbs down for suggesting this... but...

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Paddy Dow ended up being a low cost trade to North Melbourne after this season.

Has potential to be a 150 game AFL player but after watching him today he just doesn't have the attributes to play the type of football that suits a Michael Voss style gameplan.

He'd suit a young team like North perfectly. They can give him games in a position he can succeed in and it's not going to cost them anything that matters while we may be able to find a piece elsewhere like we did Lewis Young when we moved on SPS.

If you remove the sunken cost fallacy we can come out ahead while helping Paddy have a successful career as well. Win-win.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Paddy Dow ended up being a low cost trade to North Melbourne after this season.

Has potential to be a 150 game AFL player but after watching him today he just doesn't have the attributes to play the type of football that suits a Michael Voss style gameplan.

He'd suit a young team like North perfectly. They can give him games in a position he can succeed in and it's not going to cost them anything that matters while we may be able to find a piece elsewhere like we did Lewis Young when we moved on SPS.

If you remove the sunken cost fallacy we can come out ahead while helping Paddy have a successful career as well. Win-win.

Only downside for any trade off this year’s draft would be NMFC has pick 2 this year, and then their next is in early 50’s *subject to trades.

If Zurhar departs, they could look at snapping up Ben Crocker.

Only downside for any trade off this year’s draft would be NMFC has pick 2 this year, and then their next is in early 50’s *subject to trades.

If Zurhar departs, they could look at snapping up Ben Crocker.

I wouldn't be looking at it as a pick 50 for Dow. I'd be looking at it as a Lewis Young type prospect for Dow. Just as with SPS.

Delisting Casboult is looking more and more like a real blunder unfortunately.

We went into the season with very few key forwards and only TDK and JSOS can play the forward/support ruck role.

Today, Collingwood took a lot of intercept marks. Casboult would have kept their defenders accountable and made it hard for them to always double team Curnow. He's had some pretty big games vs Collingwood. Just as crucially, we wouldn't be forced to play Cripps in the ruck, robbing us of a guy who was BOG basically every game he played before McKay's injury.

He's in good form for Gold Coast and would have been the perfect backup for the next 2 years as we look to contend. He could even cover for Weitering down back.

Given his age, I doubt it would have cost much in wages...$300k a year prob would have been enough. We're on record saying we have enough money to bring in a free agent...I'd say keeping Cas would have been a better way to spend that money.

We went into the season with very few key forwards and only TDK and JSOS can play the forward/support ruck role.

Today, Collingwood took a lot of intercept marks. Casboult would have kept their defenders accountable and made it hard for them to always double team Curnow. He's had some pretty big games vs Collingwood. Just as crucially, we wouldn't be forced to play Cripps in the ruck, robbing us of a guy who was BOG basically every game he played before McKay's injury.

He's in good form for Gold Coast and would have been the perfect backup for the next 2 years as we look to contend. He could even cover for Weitering down back.

Given his age, I doubt it would have cost much in wages...$300k a year prob would have been enough. We're on record saying we have enough money to bring in a free agent...I'd say keeping Cas would have been a better way to spend that money.
Keeping Omac and moving Levi on proving not smart at all. Levi would have been extremely handy the last 6 weeks and for the foreseeable future. Sadly, Oscar is not.

Havent seen anything about Scholl to deem him worth poaching. Even from your own description it's not much of an upgrade.
I am a bit over the Amon and Scholl promoters. Amon is not a upgrade of LOB, is similarly outside and inconsistent. Scholl looked like a developing star in his debut season, but has been underwhelming since. Either or both may thrive in our system, but I would back one of our own in Will Hayes to be as effective as either. Will cost an MSD pick to promote from the twos. Yes we need talls, but if the consensus is to dismiss our current wing prospects, I would absolutely grab Hayes for an audition on minimum chips.

Of the talls who may get to us, I am assuming Sam Durdin a possibility of lasting to our pick. Seems to be finally realising his lofty potential. Likely that the likes of Derksen and some genuine rucks will go before him on perceived upside. Think we may gamble on Brynn Teakle developing WA forward/ruck if preferred options are off the table.

I am a bit over the Amon and Scholl promoters. Amon is not a upgrade of LOB, is similarly outside and inconsistent. Scholl looked like a developing star in his debut season, but has been underwhelming since. Either or both may thrive in our system, but I would back one of our own in Will Hayes to be as effective as either. Will cost an MSD pick to promote from the twos. Yes we need talls, but if the consensus is to dismiss our current wing prospects, I would absolutely grab Hayes for an audition on minimum chips.

Of the talls who may get to us, I am assuming Sam Durdin a possibility of lasting to our pick. Seems to be finally realising his lofty potential. Likely that the likes of Derksen and some genuine rucks will go before him on perceived upside. Think we may gamble on Brynn Teakle developing WA forward/ruck if preferred options are off the table.
Lol Amon is an absoutely massive upgrade on Obrien. Whether we want him probably comes down to cost but as a player there is no comparison.

Scholl I would agree is much of a muchness. If he came cheap I would grab him but can understand why others wouldnt.

Will Hayes is not a winger and a signifcantly worse option then all 3. Plays best an inside mid but doesnt have the weapons for AFL. Reminds me of Nick Graham. Gun VFL player though.

Karl Amon was in the All Australian squad last year and if the AA selectors didnt always pick inside mids for wings he'd be the AA wingmen. He would be a monumental upgrade on LoB not only because of what he does with his disposal, but also his ability to not get ragdolled and thrown about in contests. LoB cannot break tackles nor can he get his hands free frequently which can completely balls up simple plays where a quick handball releases teammates into space.

I like LoB for his kicking ability and his running power but he is a deadset liability in one on one contests and means hes almost never an option to kick to when its a 50/50 on the wing. Langdon and Amon are ten times the players in that aspect of the game and they very rarely get caught when under moderate pressure.

Would be an enormous upgrade and I'm not even saying I think we should chuck everything at him. Im far more concerned about our KPP stocks, but if hes willing to take unders to play under Voss again he is a no question yes.

Depends if we can make something of it, like we did with SPS and Young...
I'm not a fan of throwing away a depth player just for the sake of it though...

Prefer to work with Essendon for one of their abundance of KPP, maybe for a Zerk-Thatcher

I like it but going to Dodo to fulfil a very clear list need so soon after Saad is asking for trouble. However, nothing ventured nothing gained.

This has a lot of merit, I also see Dow requesting a trade end of the year. North is probably the best location for him and would be poised to make a trade.

I'd even offer them the final year of McGovern's deal as a throw in for this trade.
North have next to no tall defenders (similar to us), so may take a punt on McGovern.

They have plenty of salary space and should have plenty of list spots.

Dow + McGovern for a future 3rd Rd pick (& salary relief) would be a good trade for all parties involved (including both players).

If that price is too steep for North, I'd offer an additional swap of our future 3rd for their future 4th. Minor upgrade for North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The #casboultcurse

Coleman-Jones or Charlie Comben, and I'd prefer the former to the latter.

The problem is that those two are genuinely the only ones I'd even be interested in outside of Larkey, and they're not trading Larkey for Dow. I genuinely do not know what their list managers (the ones who quit) were thinking, because they've genuinely only really got the three KPD's on the list right now; Aiden Corr, Harry McKay (smoke and mirrors!), Josh Walker. They've 5 rucks.

If we were able to negotiate a trade for Coleman-Jones with Dow as a component, I'd not be opposed. But Dow re-signed with the club, quietly; I see no reason why we or he'd do that if trading him was a thing.

They’ve already got Simpkin playing the unaccountable, sometimes ok but not really useful midfielder. Not sure they need to add Dow to that.

Obviously not a short term option but do we see a future for TDK down back alongside Weitering? He's a similar build to his brother, and if he can emulate what he's doing down at Geelong, we'll have our KPD locked away for the next 5 years.

Don’t see the balance in TDK that SDK possesses. Very lopsided.
We’d need SDK to nominate and offer our 1st rounder (alright, they can Fogarty back too) & probably then some.
Geelong have & will come calling the other way. #1 ruck mantle.

This has a lot of merit, I also see Dow requesting a trade end of the year. North is probably the best location for him and would be poised to make a trade.

I'd even offer them the final year of McGovern's deal as a throw in for this trade.
North have next to no tall defenders (similar to us), so may take a punt on McGovern.

They have plenty of salary space and should have plenty of list spots.

Dow + McGovern for a future 3rd Rd pick (& salary relief) would be a good trade for all parties involved (including both players).

If that price is too steep for North, I'd offer an additional swap of our future 3rd for their future 4th. Minor upgrade for North.
Players have to agree to trades. No way Gov agrees to that.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t see the balance in TDK that SDK possesses. Very lopsided.
We’d need SDK to nominate and offer our 1st rounder (alright, they can Fogarty back too) & probably then some.
Geelong have & will come calling the other way. #1 ruck mantle.
Not sure. playing behind the footy makes things easier for the big men. Jones' move to defence was seen as a desperate last attempt. Harry and Ben another example.

Obviously not a short term option but do we see a future for TDK down back alongside Weitering? He's a similar build to his brother, and if he can emulate what he's doing down at Geelong, we'll have our KPD locked away for the next 5 years.
robbing peter to pay paul

robbing peter to pay paul
I think TDK should be played forward. He generally rucks well in the first quarter and then the opposing ruckmen work him over and his lack of body strength slowly depletes his energy levels. He tends to get out rucked after first quarters, although he was impressive against Swans in last quarter. I think his leap and ability to take big marks makes him better suited to forward/ruck which is what he did when Pitto was fit and available. That is why I believe we need a mature ruck in MSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back