Position 2022 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

FMJ0F5IVgAMd3BX

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steven May will be 400k after Round 14 bye. Around 370-380k after round 15. Salem back by then but still a 90+ player. Could straight swap a Pmac/SDK as D7 cover. With the Dees playing early most weeks he's a perfect loop option with a 102k Dpp def for post bye.
Scrap this. Salem likely back in this week. Go on him instead lads, scored 5 his only game. 2 games until the bye so that drops out then. should be 440k imo. either or tbh

Interesting stat. Just trying to dissuade me from bringing him in, but it's not working! He looks a must have with all those home games and, despite his bye next week, this is the time to get him in. The middle game is at Optus vs West Coast. I think he will be fine there.

I'm currently running Sicily, Hewett, Dawson, Sinclair, Short & Cumming. Pretty good but lacking Stewart.

My thoughts are to trade either Dawson or Macrae, as I don't want to interfere with my bye structure. I don't have enough cash to upgrade Short to Stewart.

The advantage with trading Macrae is that I can send Hewett to the mids, to re-establish a mid/ defense link which could be very handy later in the season. The big scores for Macrae have largely dried up, with others getting some of his cba's. Also his involvement late in matches has declined. It's a risk but if he leaves my team I will be more amenable to grabbing Bont or Smith, as I currently have Dunkley and English. Also leaves me with a better bank for round 14 upgrades. From a SC point of view Hewett's scoring is fine for a premium mid.

Dawson has been ok, in a vanilla sort of way, but I feel there is potential upside with him as he came in off an interrupted pre-season.

Although I am light for trades I feel this sideways move is worthwhile. The rest of the team is okay with some forward line tinkering planned round 14 and can cope if Preuss' game falls to bits.

Although I am tight for trades I think this is a sideways trade

Interesting stat. Just trying to dissuade me from bringing him in, but it's not working! He looks a must have with all those home games and, despite his bye next week, this is the time to get him in. The middle game is at Optus vs West Coast. I think he will be fine there.

I'm currently running Sicily, Hewett, Dawson, Sinclair, Short & Cumming. Pretty good but lacking Stewart.

My thoughts are to trade either Dawson or Macrae, as I don't want to interfere with my bye structure. I don't have enough cash to upgrade Short to Stewart.

The advantage with trading Macrae is that I can send Hewett to the mids, to re-establish a mid/ defense link which could be very handy later in the season. The big scores for Macrae have largely dried up, with others getting some of his cba's. Also his involvement late in matches has declined. It's a risk but if he leaves my team I will be more amenable to grabbing Bont or Smith, as I currently have Dunkley and English. Also leaves me with a better bank for round 14 upgrades. From a SC point of view Hewett's scoring is fine for a premium mid.

Dawson has been ok, in a vanilla sort of way, but I feel there is potential upside with him as he came in off an interrupted pre-season.

Although I am light for trades I feel this sideways move is worthwhile. The rest of the team is okay with some forward line tinkering planned round 14 and can cope if Preuss' game falls to bits.

Although I am tight for trades I think this is a sideways trade
Great creative thinking ....been thinking of trading Macrae as well, but hadn't looked at that trade scenario

That said, you'd have to say Stewart is way over-priced .....will he stay at the 120 ave, or come back to the 107 ave predicted PS .......I'd say the same for Sicily

Great creative thinking ....been thinking of trading Macrae as well, but hadn't looked at that trade scenario

That said, you'd have to say Stewart is way over-priced .....will he stay at the 120 ave, or come back to the 107 ave predicted PS .......I'd say the same for Sicily
The forward projections look spot on for me. Maxing out at 720k round 19 and finishing on 698.4k. Lol!

Does finish with rounds 20/21/23 at GMHBA with round 22 being Gold Coast at Metricon. In the unlikely event I am in a GF Tom Stewart vs West Coast at home sounds good for my team! Or should I grab LLoyd who is way underpriced for his historical record as a premo?

Players do improve! Who'd have thought Witts would be 6% ahead of Gawn at nearly half way mark? I read the expert predictions of Hewett being an 85-95 ave player preseason. All will be revealed.

Sexy Tom has done all his Non owners a massive favour last night. Thank you;)
Now I have crunched the numbers and it looks like he will drop to about $600k and a BE150
In Rounds 14 & 15 he plays away from home and if he scores 110 in both games he should still drop to around $530k
This is the time to jump on him after Round 15 he plays Simonds stadium 5/8 games including 3 of the last 4 games of the season. SC Finals time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sexy Tom has done all his Non owners a massive favour last night. Thank you;)
Now I have crunched the numbers and it looks like he will drop to about $600k and a BE150
In Rounds 14 & 15 he plays away from home and if he scores 110 in both games he should still drop to around $530k
This is the time to jump on him after Round 15 he plays Simonds stadium 5/8 games including 3 of the last 4 games of the season. SC Finals time

I'm keeping McCartin or De Koning, possibly both to use one of them as a D6 upgrade to Stewart.

lol you carried whitfield through his bye?
Hanging out for more of that 70s average?
I had no reason to trade him, my first bye round was stuffed anyway. Another number through bye rounds 13 and 14, then ill reconsider. Want to see what role he plays post bye. IF he gets a good role and IF he can average 90 as my D6 from here ill take it.

I had no reason to trade him, my first bye round was stuffed anyway. Another number through bye rounds 13 and 14, then ill reconsider. Want to see what role he plays post bye. IF he gets a good role and IF he can average 90 as my D6 from here ill take it.
It's not really a pot mate; the Whitfield saga has become this season's running gag. If he hits a hot streak, all of us smartarses will be rushing to get back on the bandwagon...

It's not really a pot mate; the Whitfield saga has become this season's running gag. If he hits a hot streak, all of us smartarses will be rushing to get back on the bandwagon...
Its Billings all over again.
Rerun from 2-3 years ago.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back