Autopsy Roast & toast vs Port Adelaide and changes for Carlton round 14

Best vs Pear

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It is not right to speculate with ambit claims on Dusty's mental health, or anyone else's, for that matter.
Speculation is a waste of time.
In terms of Shai, there were a couple of skill errors, we must allow for slippery conditions, many players fumbled on the night, kicks went astray.
Real feel temp would have been about 4 degrees, bitterly cold and damp.

Skill errors from Shai? Hes probably missed his last 10 shots at goal going on last night and the 2nd half v Sydney. I would say 6 of them were absolute sitters.

On Dusty his skill level is still incredible, however he doesn't win contests anymore. Maybe one good game will turn it around. People say just leave him forward, but when we already have Jack, Edwards and sometimes Soldo it looks very slow. Should only have younger fast players around Jack and Lynch going forward.

Balta should play or curnow.

Gotta get much tighter defensively if we are to beat them, still think they’ll beat us in the midfield

Martin need to play pure mid
If Balta is not behind the ball on Thursday we are stuffed. Tarrant is that cooked and needs to be dropped along with Soldo. Would much rather play Lambert and a Sonsie for two extra mid rotations come finals. Balta to pinch hit ruck with Pickett. Turn our weakness into a strength.

Wouldnt surprise me if Edwards and Lambert rotate as subs. Lambert gives us so much running power.
Tarrant stays in and was instrumental in that last quarter. Back 7> Balta, Tarrant, Grimes, Broad, Vlustuin, Rioli, Baker
Gibcus put him forward to partner with Jack and Lynch.

Outs: Soldo, Edwards
Ins: Lynch, Lambert

Edwards (Sub)

Why are people so keen to reward Sonsie's average VFL form with a senior game?

He came to us with attitude problems, and rewarding his current form with a game against Carlton isn't going to send him, or anyone else for that matter, the right message.

His last few weeks of VFL have been poor (spare me his 23 touches vs Syd, they were trash.)

Time for him to put his head down and work hard. He's got the talent, no doubt, but needs to apply himself consistently, not just when things come easy.

Stick to the footy.
Your constant opinions on Dusty’s mental health are appalling. None of your business and you have NO idea what anyone is dealing with at a personal level.

get stuffed.

The comments are from experience so go * yourself. Mental health problems should be discussed and not taboo ffs. Its ******* pathetic of you to go around and think you can just tell ANYONE to shut up when they talk about something that your too chickenshit to do yourself.

The guy has came out and said he is struggling, taken time off - making it some silent issue is a pathetic approach for any adult to deal with a very real problem. He became a role model for mental health, health plans. He has inspired a lot of people living with this very dangerous, personal condition.

People discussing his issues in a sensitive way is not a ******* problem in this society. The guy literally opened up to the world about his mental health problems, program for success & i personally found it inspiring. Living with depression i know its a constant battle with hurdles and crossroads & he is clearly at that point.

If people were not acknowledging his mental health struggles, his greiving and respecting his situation - then the topic would be this./... "Whats up with Dusty? He is playing like he is 37 years old and doesn't give a s**t..... Rumour is he wants to go to Sydney. Is he jack of the tiges and mailing it in??? Is he the most overpaid player in the league right now??"

Dusty IS the highest paid player in the AFL. His form will ALWAYS be a discussion. I think the supporters and even to a certain level MOST of the AFL media is handling his situation relatively respectfully. His form & effort is miles off his best. Is he getting hounded over it? Not really. People are RESPECTING his personal; situation and UNDERSTANDING that its impacting him as a person. That is EXACTLY what the "RUOK" etc movement was around - people understanding, acknowledging and respecting the personal mental condition of a person who might not be 100%.

If you don't want people to talk about it, then you need to learn to go * yourself

Balta can chop out for 5 minutes a qtr?

I'd keep Gibcus back to start. No need to throw him forward with Lynch returning.

Its a fair bet that this Thursday night will be similar conditions so hopefully they've learnt that Soldo isnt suited to it.

We really need that bench spot for an extra mid. Lambert would have been very handy last night.
Lambert is always very handy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a few years I seem to remember him being on the Tigger train with his comments. But last night, yeah, it was blatant Port supporting by him.
When the plastic surgeon did his face lift they accidentally put botox in his brain.

A bit left-field but what do you guys think of calling on Sam Banks? He’s a pretty good kick of the ball and that’s what we need right now.

IN: Banks, Lynch, Miller, Lambert
OUT: Ralphsmith, Soldo, Tarrant, Edwards

Sub: Edwards

Tarrant saved himself a little because of the last quarter, but Miller had a very good game in the VFL. To reward form, we should call him up and drop either Tarrant or Gibcus.

I like Sam Banks as well. I think we should debut him this year. Hes infront of Sonsie and Brown at the moment.

Im also a fan of Ben Miller. He is adding elements to his game all the time. He is attacking more out of defence. Hes a definate keeper for mine. Id prefer him to Tarrant but I think Dimma still thinks he can pinch a flag with this squad this year which in my view isnt out of the question. No one will want to play against us in finals, they know our best can beat everyone elses.

We couldn’t make the most of our ruck domination - 41 /18,
We lost Centre and stoppage clearances. I know we often lose clearances but some of the ruck work had me scratching my head. A couple of Soldo’s 2 handed taps were straight down their throat

The one memorable tap out nank had went down shorts throat and he fumbled it.

Our stoppages are hopeless, and it took until the last term for us to just hit it upfield away from their mids. It pissed me off all night as it was clear they wanted to crowd the stoppage to make up for their weak ruck. They were all in tight and if we had mixed it up earlier they would have had something to think about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree….AFL treat supporters ( mostly RFC) like cash cows and expect them to rock up whenever…wherever

Thursday night…mid winter…kids need to go to school the next day….people need to get up early to go to work…flu season

but the AFL is only interested in satisfying TV commitments…particularly Foxtel…hence the stupid 320 Sunday slot…..games being played all over the place….as long as it fits into the tv schedule

The sooner dipstick Gil leaves the better…but of course he wants to finalise the next TV rights deal before he goes…wrong move….Benny - as next AFL CEO will have to live with that deal for the next 5 years…totally stuffed

Thursday nighters should be only during the first 6 rounds and the last month. Outside of that, only at Telstra or in Perth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few too many passengers in an ageing side...Soldo and Edwards need to be gonski quick smart!
Hugo, Clarke, Gibcus...need to be managed...
Older stars like Grimes. Taz. JR8 and Goat. cotch may run out of puff by the time we make the finals!
Shedda will make 300

I went to the game last night and like most here walked away disappointed in our effort even though we got the win. However having just watched the replay it was a brutal game and Port gave it everything they had. Our players found it hard handling the slippery conditions with the pressure so intense. I’ve changed my position now & I think it was a good win. Tarrant was shocking for the majority of the game but his last quarter was fantastic.
With Lynch returning, I think Balta needs to go back and either Gibcus or Soldo into the 2’s.
Having watched the VFL the other night there doesn’t appear to be any of our youngsters pushing hard for selection and that’s a worry.

Back