Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
So we would only get something worse than their McStay compo (end of second round pick probably). So a third rounder for Gunston. No thanks. Re-sign.
Surely they get end of 1st for McStay?

And they'll not likely swap 2022 picks anyway - they need those for Ashcroft + Fletcher.

Future 2nd, if we're to trade.

Brisbane will lose end of first round compo for McStay if they sign a free agent

So a Hypothetical trade could be

Out- Gunston and pick 27

In- pick 16

Lions gain Gunston, McStay compo pick (19) and 27 leaving them requiring the equivalent of pick 25 to accrue points for Ashcroft.

In that scenario I would argue the Lions are better off trading picks with GC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoping we can do some pick slide deals with North once Clarko is announced. Surely he approaches some of our players.

If it is Shiels and Howe then I would fully expect they would walk for free. Clarko isn't going to do us a favour - business is business and he has new bosses to appease.

Problem with Preuss is that you only get a handful of games a year when he's not suspended or injured. Bloke can't help belting people.

I find Melbourne talking to Grundy really odd. If they have money in the cap (which itself would be surprising), why chase a high-price ruckman when they have the best in the comp? Surely they need to be targeting forwards.
Dees don't have any ruck depth. Gawn, Jackson and that's it. If Jackson goes who do they have to support Gawn?. There looking to play Gawn more forward next year so it absolutely makes sense to chase Grundy.

So a Hypothetical trade could be

Out- Gunston and pick 27

In- pick 16

Lions gain Gunston, McStay compo pick (19) and 27 leaving them requiring the equivalent of pick 25 to accrue points for Ashcroft.

In that scenario I would argue the Lions are better off trading picks with GC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon we would need to throw in a 3rd as lions need points for fletcher but I like this trade.

B-R rapid improvement in a very short space this season suggests he may be able to go up another level too. I suggest a lot of the state league ruckman are at their ceiling.
I must’ve missed the games that he’s played well cause the 3 or so times I’ve seen him play he’s been pretty ordinary and his skills looked a mile off. Ramsden will already be better than him next year. If we want another ruck I’d prefer it to be a more experienced one that can teach the kids but then come Upto afl and be serviceable if need be. BR would get embarrassed at afl level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarko will be the boss at that rabble. They will do whatever he says,that's how desperate they are

Well in that case he won't be throwing us picks for two free agents he can pick up for free.

Hoping we can do some pick slide deals with North once Clarko is announced. Surely he approaches some of our players.
Our players have enjoyed the new coach, no one is lining up to play under Clarko again - he is a very intense coach. Any contracted player won't agree to a trade to North. If an uncontracted player has no other option to stay in the AFL then they would go as a delisted free agent not a trade.

Our players have enjoyed the new coach, no one is lining up to play under Clarko again - he is a very intense coach. Any contracted player won't agree to a trade to North. If an uncontracted player has no other option to stay in the AFL then they would go as a delisted free agent not a trade.
I've heard the same mate.

Interesting, and makes sense when looking at the modern work environment

Would be interesting to know how many of those veterans would have stuck around if clarko had stayed on and the club still went to go down the youth path. They were all pretty keen to hang around with Mitch.

Any chance we may look at Toby McLean? He is a free agent. Same age and draft as Amon. :think:

Any chance we may look at Toby McLean? He is a free agent. Same age and draft as Amon. :think:
I could see him as depth if we can get him for pretty much nothing. He hasn’t shown a lot especially now that’s he’s had 2 ACL’s

Though he could fill an experience gap if we move on some senior talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back