Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home from work and only 20 odd pages added, wtf guys.

Still can't believe its actually happened, ended up listening to news clips at work on youtube just to keep pinching myself.

However, while on there I came across a clip of Basil Zemplas in a discussion about Clarko to North, and * me is that campaigner a sad little weasel.

"Chance to re-write that clubs history all on his own. They are hanging by a thread to staying in Melbourne"

Good on Xavier Ellis cutting him off with: "Financially they're in a good spot, the talk about North Melbourne not having money is actually incorrect, financially they're very very good".

So firstly, I'd like to apologise to KIA34 for calling his mail/updates bullshit. Clearly I was wrong and I apologise.

Secondly, whilst I didn't bombard the legendary threads with negativity, I did write an emotional outburst the other day, giving up all hope of getting Clarko and that north couldn't compete in the AFL due to the unfair bias against us. Don't get me wrong, the bias and hate against us is real, but clearly today has showed that heart and honour can help us overcome those ingrained negative attitudes from most in the AFL world.

Those bias's had beaten me down. Hard. I, like all of you, love the club so much that I couldn't handle not getting Clarko at this point, to a drug cheating rabble. I think I would have de-activated my Bigfooty account, which would have been a real shame as this place has helped get me through a really tough time in my life, many of you will know about that.

In terms of bonafides for my love of the club that I have loved for over 30 years (I'm not even 40), I present you with a pic of the day I got my first membership

View attachment 1483433

That was 1992 and I was 7.

My brother and I share a mum, but different dads. All my dads side of the family are Collingwood, and it was my brother who swayed me to the ways of the Shinboner, and who got our mum to love the club as much as we do. My dad took this better than expected and still took me to watch north play many times, more than the pies, as he just wanted me to love footy.

So needless to say my mum, brother and I have been obsessed ever since. My nephew is named Archer, if that helps ram home the point.

Here you will find me at Dallas Brooks Hall in 2007, a mere week after Archer was born next door at the FreesMasonsView attachment 1483448

Certainly one of the greatest nights of my life. I believe it is on the photo wall at Arden St, and as my bro pointed out I also made the Mazda video this week.

But today has certainly rivalled these experiences for me. And I can't help but think back to 2007.

There are probably more knowledgable people on this board about the events of 2007, but I think back to the term "things happen for a reason". The Australian Tax Office threatening to shut the club down unless members could elect 3 board members seems a strange thing to actually save a football club, but that event, coupled with our rise from 3rd last in 2006 to 3rd in 2007, created a protective cocoon around the club out of nowhere. Like some sort of spirit was looking over us, and intervened at just the right time to literally save the club. I mean come on, the ATO doesn't usually save institutions. But I was there for that vote. I was there when Allen Aylett lied to a room full of diehards. I was there when an old lady cried when he walked off without answering any questions or addressing our future. But from that night came JB, Mark Brayshaw and Ron Joseph onto the board.

I think back to a steak knives trade landing us Wayne Carey. The greatest footballer ever who not only gave me the opportunity to sit at the MCG with my mum and brother as we won 2 flags, but also saved the club from a Fitzroy fate. Like something intervened. I don't know much about the 70's but it seems a rule quirk just brought in allowed us to win our first 2 flags. Again, like something was looking after us.

Fast forward to 2020. I sat there as covid hit and wondered how we would survive the "financial reckoning" facing the AFL and clubs. I saw a promising first year coach implode and a new coach hired. That new coach tried his best but as we know, wasn't able to improve us, and judging by results this year, somehow took us backward. I couldn't understand how the club could be so unlucky. How EVERYTHING seemed to go against us, and how media people and AFL people seemed to get off on it.

It may have been the first thread about Alastair Clarkson and how we should get him, I scoffed at our chances. But again, things seem to have happened for a reason. Shaw and Noble had to happen to get us here. We hire say Brett ratten and he probably does a reasonable job and we miss out on Clarko. Noble shows even a hint of improvement this year and we miss out on Clarkson.

The world works in mysterious ways, and seemingly especially for our great club. When things are darkest something odd happens and we survive these tough times. And in some cases thrive.

Maybe Clarko leads us to number 5. Maybe he doesn't. But it sure feels like the Shinboner spirit intervening and destiny calling.

Go Roos!!!!!!!!

We’re back in the game again. First time since 2001/2002 when Carey and Pagan left.

I hate the term “irrelevant “. We have 50k members. We’re relevant to them.

What a grand day to be a North Melbourne supporter!

Clarko evoked such emotion in me today that I watched the press conference through teary eyes. His passion for the club comforts you that he remains one of us.

Our great club is filled with even greater people. This board long filled with great posters and the most passionate of supporters. Your elation and excitement was palpable and I'm so happy for you all!

Please be patient, we'll experience turbulence but I promise when the tide turns, we'll be making waves.

Epic thread! Miss you legends!

Just got home from work and only 20 odd pages added, wtf guys.

Still can't believe its actually happened, ended up listening to news clips at work on youtube just to keep pinching myself.

However, while on there I came across a clip of Basil Zemplas in a discussion about Clarko to North, and * me is that campaigner a sad little weasel.

"Chance to re-write that clubs history all on his own. They are hanging by a thread to staying in Melbourne"

Good on Xavier Ellis cutting him off with: "Financially they're in a good spot, the talk about North Melbourne not having money is actually incorrect, financially they're very very good".

Basil Syphillis

Clarko evoked such emotion in me today that I watched the press conference through teary eyes. His passion for the club comforts you that he remains one of us.

Our great club is filled with even greater people. This board long filled with great posters and the most passionate of supporters. Your elation and excitement was palpable and I'm so happy for you all!

Please be patient, we'll experience turbulence but I promise when the tide turns, we'll be making waves.

Where the * you been?

My Grandfather (God rest his soul) who used to take me to the Footy as a Teenager, always wondered how Such talented North People like Clarko, Longmire, Simpson etc. ended up at as Premiership Coaches at other clubs instead of North, well hopefully the Prodigal Son has returned to restore our Club to the Glory it deserves.

The return of great posters continues.

Season 10 Accident GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

…posted at 5.30am that today was the day and so it was

I hope this brings us closer to ending this 22 years of mostly misery

Go do it!

Bloody hell, Clarko's bringing everyone out of the woodwork!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still can’t believe it

I drove home from work tonight and had the scarf out the window, I got a bottle of champagne and a cigar to celebrate and both are finished. I listened to the press conference again and had a tear in the eye.

I think this is the biggest day in the clubs history since rejecting the Gold Coast. What we can do from here, well anything is now possible after for so long feeling the ultimate was impossible since Carey left.

I’m a 3rd generation North supporter, my grandfather died 6 years before I was born in 1976 but managed to see 1975 thankfully. My Aunty told me today his and hers excitement when Barrassi arrived and how it finally gave them hope, something I can share with my 4 year old son who is a 4th generation supporter. It will also hopefully take his attention away from Frozen for 5 minutes.

The cherry on top is that rabble at Tullamarine and knowing how happy this would have made my Carlton supporting grandmother.

A magnificent day.

One of the NMFC greats. Love this man. Put him and Sheeds in a cage together and Ronny would walk out with blood on his hands.
The rivalry this will build again between the two clubs will be immense. Especially when we beat them next year into submission.
I reckon Clarko will have loved these comments just as much as every North supporter.

Wowzas! What an epic day to be a North tragic. We managed to land Clarko like bosses, with a side order of the NMFC delivering a Cunnersesque fend-off to our hated rivals. The media gets to chow down on penis en masse. Bigfooty legends like Mr Reliable, Kimbo, and Bigeasy emerge from the woodwork. Pharro even logged out of his current account to fire up his old Bigfooty moniker. Incredible scenes.

So freaking stoked. And rest assured, despite the tyranny of distance, Sopwiths and I have been partying like its 1996 and 1999. Haven't been to sleep at all. Well, she has but I haven't. Actually because of the time difference, we were lucky enough to hear the news yesterday. Was pretty tough sitting on it until the rest of you Southern Hemisphere-ites found out this morning.

But yeah, a truly awesome day. Surreal watching it unfold. (Although that could just be all the weed I've smoked. Turns out 'nervous anticipation' and 'ecstatic celebration' have the same end game for me.) Nevertheless, cheeks are sore from grinning like an insane person ever since the news broke. And just been on another Bigfooty like frenzy. I'm even giving likes to opposition well-wishers. That s**t never happens.

Massive day. Ripple effect from this will be so huge you'll be able to surf those suckers. And nice to see Sonja getting the praise and accolades she so thoroughly deserves. If I can serious face for a moment, as y'all know her and I worked together closely in 2007. During that time I got to know her really well. Life has since taken us in different directions but I honestly couldn't be more rapt for her. And I called it back then, too - she's a brilliant strategist and a razor-sharp operator, with an extremely charming and personable character. Underestimate her at your peril. She goes after what she wants, and she gets it. And her passion for our club knows no bounds. We couldn't be in better hands. Onja, Sonja.

Also, thanks to Clarko for finding his way back home, thanks to KIA for putting his ghoulies on the line to keep us all informed, and thanks to the rest of you deranged individuals for making a thread so ridiculous that I was forced to drag my lazy arse out of hibernation to join the madness.

tl;dr?

mr-t-dance.gif

Last edited:
Wowzas! What an epic day to be a North diehard. We managed to land Clarko like bosses, with a side order of the NMFC delivering a Cunnersesque fend-off to our hated rivals. The media gets to chow down on penis en masse. Bigfooty legends like Mr Reliable, Kimbo, and Bigeasy emerge from the woodwork. Pharro even logged out of his current account to fire up his old Bigfooty moniker. Incredible scenes.

So freaking stoked. And rest assured, despite the tyranny of distance, Sopwiths and I have been partying like its 1996 and 1999. Haven't been to sleep at all. Well, she has but I haven't. Actually because of the time difference, we were lucky enough to hear the news yesterday. Was pretty tough sitting on it until the rest of you found out this morning.

But yeah, a truly awesome day. Surreal watching it unfold. (Although that could just be all the weed. Turns out 'nervous anticipation' and 'ecstatic celebration' have the same end game for me.) Nevertheless, cheeks are sore from grinning like an insane person ever since the news broke. And just been on another like frenzy. I'm even giving likes to opposition well-wishers. That s**t never happens.

Massive day. Ripple effect from this will be so huge you'll be able to surf those suckers. And nice to see Sonja getting the praise and accolades she so thoroughly deserves. If I can serious face for a moment, as y'all know her and I worked together in 2007. I got to know her really well. Life has since taken us in different directions but I couldn't be more pleased for her. And I called it back then - she's a super intelligent and savvy operator with a warm and extremely personable character. Underestimate her at your peril. She goes after what she wants, and she gets it. And her passion for our club knows no bounds. We couldn't be in better hands. Onja, Sonja.

Also, thanks to Clarko for finding his way back home, thanks to KIA for putting his ghoulies on the line to keep us all informed, and thanks to the rest of you dipsticks for making a thread so ridiculous that I was forced to drag my lazy arse out of hibernation to join the madness.

tl;dr?

mr-t-dance.gif

1429760E-FC7A-4B62-889F-EE694F3E6940.gif

I just like this Gif…

Wowzas! What an epic day to be a North diehard. We managed to land Clarko like bosses, with a side order of the NMFC delivering a Cunnersesque fend-off to our hated rivals. The media gets to chow down on penis en masse. Bigfooty legends like Mr Reliable, Kimbo, and Bigeasy emerge from the woodwork. Pharro even logged out of his current account to fire up his old Bigfooty moniker. Incredible scenes.

So freaking stoked. And rest assured, despite the tyranny of distance, Sopwiths and I have been partying like its 1996 and 1999. Haven't been to sleep at all. Well, she has but I haven't. Actually because of the time difference, we were lucky enough to hear the news yesterday. Was pretty tough sitting on it until the rest of you found out this morning.

But yeah, a truly awesome day. Surreal watching it unfold. (Although that could just be all the weed. Turns out 'nervous anticipation' and 'ecstatic celebration' have the same end game for me.) Nevertheless, cheeks are sore from grinning like an insane person ever since the news broke. And just been on another like frenzy. I'm even giving likes to opposition well-wishers. That s**t never happens.

Massive day. Ripple effect from this will be so huge you'll be able to surf those suckers. And nice to see Sonja getting the praise and accolades she so thoroughly deserves. If I can serious face for a moment, as y'all know her and I worked together in 2007. I got to know her really well. Life has since taken us in different directions but I couldn't be more pleased for her. And I called it back then - she's a super intelligent and savvy operator with a warm and extremely personable character. Underestimate her at your peril. She goes after what she wants, and she gets it. And her passion for our club knows no bounds. We couldn't be in better hands. Onja, Sonja.

Also, thanks to Clarko for finding his way back home, thanks to KIA for putting his ghoulies on the line to keep us all informed, and thanks to the rest of you dipsticks for making a thread so ridiculous that I was forced to drag my lazy arse out of hibernation to join the madness.

tl;dr?

mr-t-dance.gif
Welcome back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back