Autopsy AFL 2022 Second Elimination Final - Lions v Tigers Thurs Sept 1st 7:20pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 76 36.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 9 4.3%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 64 30.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You haven't won your game yet or any final. I expect Cats to win, then you're slight favs next game, Pies could go out straight sets, wouldn't get too lippy just yet.
Nope and we wouldn't be favorites to win it either, and I wouldn't call us favorites in any game at the moment, but if we do beat the Cats, then I think many will sit up and take notice, including me.

The lippy bit, well, it's an observation I have, many Richmond supporters get a little sad if threads are not about them, so they make it about them.

Best elim final I can remember since the 2013 Carlton and Richmond match.
1986 Fitzroy eliminating Essendon after back to back flags was most fun one ever.
Last night was up there though.

Tom Browne just said on channel 7 ,with Richo hodge and Hamish , that from a reliable source to him , the player reaction (lynch) is looked at when determining a score review decision
Regardless, they're saying the vision wasn't conclusive, when imo it was plenty. Was pretty sure it was a behind so was surprised when it was called a goal. Tom Lynch was pretty sure as well. So the whole 'the umpire's call should stand unless its 100% clear" is kinda bs to me. Clearly enough evidence to confirm what should've been bleedingly obvious from the start.

At the end of the day this was the correct result. Tigers had one of the easiest fixtures this year including no double ups vs any finalist and still only scraped into the 8. Pity people are trying to remove the shine from Brisbane's win because they don't understand how the camera angles and triangluation works.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decisions made by umpires on the fly are often wrong.

This is different.

This is a guy with time and vision. It's a score review put in place for the purpose of getting it right. But there are simple rules around it. The rule is simple. If it's not absolutely definitive, it goes back to the umpire's call. That's it. He didn't follow that simple rule.

Tigers got shafted. Season over. Not good enough.

Honestly, if my team had beaten them that way I'd be happy for the win, but my position on the rule would be exactly the same.

There's no grey area here.
I thought it was clearly a point.

Regardless of that why do we always talk about umpiring decisions and not that Richmond had 5 v 1 in tge goal square and Daniher still kicks a goal. If that happens at the other end I'd be annoyed with our players.

Ok, so give me some feedback if I am doing this wrong. The way I saw the goal situation with Lynch was this;

Lynch kicked the ‘goal’ but the goal umpire wasn’t 100% sure so he went upstairs to the Arc. The Arc concluded that it was a point because it went over the goal post, if the goal post was X amount higher it would have hit?

Or, was it Tom Lynch being unsure that promoted the goal umpire to review it?

If it was the first, what is the issue?

Ok, so give me some feedback if I am doing this wrong. The way I saw the goal situation with Lynch was this;

Lynch kicked the ‘goal’ but the goal umpire wasn’t 100% sure so he went upstairs to the Arc. The Arc concluded that it was a point because it went over the goal post, if the goal post was X amount higher it would have hit?

Or, was it Tom Lynch being unsure that promoted the goal umpire to review it?

If it was the first, what is the issue?
Some flat-earthers believe that it was inconclusive.

Yep off that angle it is a goal but when shown on those still images it could look like a point. Scrap the system all together and back in the umpires.

Back