List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brown was a useless potato for his role and I didn’t know McDonald and Pickett were even playing for half the game. There is no way you can say Jackson was the 2nd worst on ground, that’s the dumb call here.

I’m even fully acknowledging he was s**t and I’m getting concerned
I can easily say he was second worst, he was, yet again, dead set useless. The thousands of MCC supporters would agree.

Brown was poor, but how can you honestly say Jackson was better? Dumb call

I can easily say he was second worst, he was, yet again, dead set useless. The thousands of MCC supporters would agree.

Brown was poor, but how can you honestly say Jackson was better? Dumb call
I’m not sure what you think Brown did better, the best either could do aerially is make a contest but if your going to stick with Brown being better I’d like to know how you justify the combined effort of 1 goals 8 touches, 3 tackles and and 3 marks of McDonald and Pickett as being better than Jackson.

Salem was also pretty useless for his role

Logue would start in defense for almost every team in the league. Anyone who can take out the likes of Curnow & J Cameron is pretty handy to have around.

It’s weird the nature of our setup though is he just doesn’t quite fit unless one of Pearce, Cox or Ryan is out.

I like the way JL can see things in a system way & choose to persist with the Walkers & Frederick’s who in isolation don’t look as good as a Logue or Wilson or Tucker but somehow add an intangible improvement to our overall synergy.

I really hope we don’t sell the farm for Jackson. Or if we do the people making the decisions really know what they’re doing which they certainly have appeared to do recently.

I’m not sure what you think Brown did better, the best either could do aerially is make a contest but if your going to stick with Brown being better I’d like to know how you justify the combined effort of 1 goals 8 touches, 3 tackles and and 3 marks of McDonald and Pickett as being better than Jackson.

At the game, McDonald actually made some decent leads, but the Swans were too focused kicking it to Buddy v May (which they fixed the second half). Stats wise, he was quiet

Demons entries were putrid, demons forwards were poor, no doubt about it, but the reason they were poor was because of the midfield bombing it in with no plan.

Midfield got spanked by Sydney and what did
Jackson do.....nothing? Did he provide a target down the line? Take marks? Provide a forward target? Did he control the ruck? Give good service to the mids? Get clearances? He was incredibly poor

Gawn played forward a lot tonight and has been lately because Jackson has failed to play that role.

He wasn’t great but Jackson had 7 tackles (2nd highest for Dees) which at least shows some intent.

McDonald>Jackson

Went to the game and as arguably the most vocal one here for being against Jackson, I can honestly say I'm sick to my stomach that we're offering him a big pay cheque.

He did exactly what I thought he would, absolutely nothing and was second worst on ground. He isn't a gun, he isn't a generational talent, he's very close to being a useless spud
Bit of over reaction. Also McDonald got four touches.

Jackson wasn’t great but he did 7 tackles.

One point I agree with which annoys me a lot on here is some continually referencing him as a once in a generation talent. Makes him sound like LeBron James.

At the game, McDonald actually made some decent leads, but the Swans were too focused kicking it to Buddy v May (which they fixed the second half). Stats wise, he was quiet

Demons entries were putrid, demons forwards were poor, no doubt about it, but the reason they were poor was because of the midfield bombing it in with no plan.

Midfield got spanked by Sydney and what did
Jackson do.....nothing? Did he provide a target down the line? Take marks? Provide a forward target? Did he control the ruck? Give good service to the mids? Get clearances? He was incredibly poor

Gawn played forward a lot tonight and has been lately because Jackson has failed to play that role.
If we’re giving credit for McDonald “leading successfully” then we give credit for Jackson leading successfully and then bringing the ball to ground in a 2v1 contest and not getting out marked, he did this at least 3 times.

He also had more tackles then any Demon bar Oliver so while Demons midfield was poor (except for Oliver), at least Jackson was following up and pressuring

Bit of over reaction. Also McDonald got four touches.

Jackson wasn’t great but he did 7 tackles.

One point I agree with which annoys me a lot on here is some continually referencing him as a once in a generation talent. Makes him sound like LeBron James.

Michael Jordan>Lebron James.

………….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We don't require another ruckman who possesses less than mediocre forward craft. Keep Meek, hold Rory Lobb to his contract and use our available dregs draft picks to secure a maligned KPF who is carving it up at WAFL/VFL/SANFL level.
They should pay me for my services lol.

Luke Jackson with the sore knee is a midfielder.
You mention this a lot, but I don’t see it. He gets pushed off the ball too easily due to his size & lack of core strength & by the time he strengthens his body to play that role he would be too heavy & lose his greatest asset for his size, his mobility.

His biggest benefit for us will be his mobility in the forward half which will allow us to play 2 other tall forwards, which we currently only do with Logue up forward. For eg we can play 2 of Tabs, Amiss, Kuek or Treacy along with Jackson sending Logue back to cover Chapmans role who is now on a wing because Acres has gone to fail elsewhere.

Given another year in the gym, he also becomes a better ruck as well & Banfield can play sub for the rest of his life.

I like to think Jackson is performing poorly to try to bring down the asking price so the deal can get done.
Doesn't change our offer to him though. Assuming that is already negotiated . All I can say is Jackson is basically the most overrated player in the comp bar none . I have said it once and I will say it again. Why are we chasing a ruckman ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s throw a first at Collingwood for Darcy Cameron.

We would get more out of him!!! He would be cheaper too!

This is one of those (George Mcfly has to take Lorraine to the under the sea dance situations) Bell you must walk away and bring in a Moneyball player that delivers us a flag and keeps enough $ for other stars.

There’s a freo fan travelling back from 2026 with a premiership cup. He sees us going ahead with this Jackson trade….the cup starts disappearing. Noo Bell don’t do it he grunts while it vanishes from his hands.

I know we are all saying Luke Jackson is overrated etc. lets look at Logan Mcdonald last night. He had 4 touches and didnt even hit the score board.

Does 1 game mean we should right them off?

Just noticed also that Jackson had 65 percent game time. Lowest from that game :s.

Last edited:
Logue would start in defense for almost every team in the league. Anyone who can take out the likes of Curnow & J Cameron is pretty handy to have around.

It’s weird the nature of our setup though is he just doesn’t quite fit unless one of Pearce, Cox or Ryan is out.

I like the way JL can see things in a system way & choose to persist with the Walkers & Frederick’s who in isolation don’t look as good as a Logue or Wilson or Tucker but somehow add an intangible improvement to our overall synergy.

I really hope we don’t sell the farm for Jackson. Or if we do the people making the decisions really know what they’re doing which they certainly have appeared to do recently.
“It’s weird the nature of our setup though is he just doesn’t quite fit unless one of Pearce, Cox or Ryan is out.”

Not weird at all. All 3 players you mentioned are way ahead of him and two of those names came far far later in the same draft as Logue and are a lock for the back 6.

For a first round draft pick who’s been on the Freo list for 6 years he should be locking down his position in the starting 18, but fails to do so. Will never live up to his pick 8 drafting. If North make a good offer, trade him.

Let’s throw a first at Collingwood for Darcy Cameron.

We would get more out of him!!! He would be cheaper too!

This is one of those (George Mcfly has to take Lorraine to the under the sea dance situations) Bell you must walk away and bring in a Moneyball player that delivers us a flag and keeps enough $ for other stars.

There’s a freo fan travelling back from 2026 with a premiership cup. He sees us going ahead with this Jackson trade….the cup starts disappearing. Noo Bell don’t do it he grunts while it vanishes from his hands.
Didn’t the guy CouldOFBeen suggest we draft Cameron from Claremont back in 2015-2016?
It has taken this long for him to actually look like an absolute steal.
Jackson has already shown enough to suggest in a similar timeframe that he
will be very good.
Anybody can find a player picked at what no. 48, but you need to persist, develop
and have patience as big men take time. An eye for talent is what makes the difference though, or you can just do a Silvagni.
Then they need games, and a coach who believes in them.
Pies have a forward line filled with draft steals, makes a joke of loading up on
first round picks.
Drafting, trading makes or breaks a club.

Could we realistically see norf pick up Griff?

They have little picks so we’d have to hope they’d split their first and we’d likely beg for the second of those - prob anywhere from 10-15? Griff pick 7, you’d think 15 is about right

That pick is then gobbled up on the Jackson trade - which would be our 2022 first and this Griff pick

Pro’s -
don’t have to use next years first
Whatever we get for Lobb, Tucker, Meek, we go to the draft with - and all picks on forwards!!!!!!!!

Con’s -
No Griff (= no swingman)
No Lobb

Griff could Fck us a walk to pre season draft, and young would likely encourage it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could we realistically see norf pick up Griff?

They have little picks so we’d have to hope they’d split their first and we’d likely beg for the second of those - prob anywhere from 10-15? Griff pick 7, you’d think 15 is about right

That pick is then gobbled up on the Jackson trade - which would be our 2022 first and this Griff pick

Pro’s -
don’t have to use next years first
Whatever we get for Lobb, Tucker, Meek, we go to the draft with - and all picks on forwards!!!!!!!!

Con’s -
No Griff (= no swingman)
No Lobb

Griff could Fck us a walk to pre season draft, and young would likely encourage it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s dangerous to thin out our KP stocks, we are already stretched.
One injury to Pearce or Cox and we are in trouble
I believe we can cover the loss of Acres, Tucker, and it’s good to see Benning
playing defence.
Hamling is cooked or break glass in an emergency.
Then you focus on the forward line and it’s the same with Tabs, Lobb wanting out.
You don’t put 5 years into a guy like Logue to get his body right and then let him
walk?

It's not to late to wipe your hand of this deal Fremantle. Walk away and allow the Eagles to deal with those dusty old VFL pr*cks. They need a replacement for the palm tree messiah.
To be honest Jackson would be a better fit at Eagles, Naitanui is nearly done and pick 2 is a fair swap imo. Eagles don't have a replacement for naitanui. One of my best mates is a Freo supporter, he is hoping jackson can become versatile and that he and Darcy don't cannibalize each other's roles. I think Freo have rebuilt perfectly barring a key tall.

Doesn't change our offer to him though. Assuming that is already negotiated . All I can say is Jackson is basically the most overrated player in the comp bar none . I have said it once and I will say it again. Why are we chasing a ruckman ?
...because he's available. I doubt we were even chasing him, he simply notified us of his intentions.

I’m not just saying this cos Logue is my BigFooty BFF but…. He’s 100% the player that you can dump in any position and go -
FWD - Create a contest, bring it to ground, fight tooth and nail.
MID - Crash and bash, get ball, release it.
DEF - Kill ball, Lock it down.
RUCK - Compete, Halve the contest, fight tooth and nail.
I realise he hasn’t done the mid thing yet but he absolutely could. Not all that many players in the AFL that could do all that with little to no training. Not sure what that’s worth…
But I’d be loathe to lose him. Seems like he bleeds purple, absolutely the type that could swing a final.
Also, buy low sell high. See ya Blaceres. And I was/am a fan of what he can/could be also.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Logue is the bigger hairier Aish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back