List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm really hoping wicks plays his way back into the starting lineup next year. Could've done with his mongrel.

Another preseason under the belt and a bit more consistency he could be like a new recruit.
Needs to work on his consistency and impact the scoreboard. Both way down as the season progressed.

In the games he missed and Logan was focal, he looked very good. So why couldn't he, another pre season too.

Bud shouldn't play in the forward line next year, play him as a tall winger, the further he is away from the forward line the better, use his foot skills
Ah so we move the greatest goal kicker of his time onto a wing, just far enough away that he can't kick any goals. Remembering he can't run or bend over, seems an odd spot for him. Who does he replace on the wing? Errol, Dyl, baby chad, jmac, blakey etc ? Not buying that move sorry.

Regarding Logan playing well as the focal point while I'm not disputing the validity of the comment I don't know how he is better playing against the 1st and 2nd defender than he is playing against 3rd and 4th rung defenders. It just makes no sense, again not saying it's untrue though. It might be as the focal point he has more opportunities to look good as it's heading to him more?...can this not happen with Bud in the forward line? Just run plays / patterns to focus on Logan. Bud will still get stuck with the best defender.

Buddy sure isn't what he used to be but someone has to out perform him it's that simple and so far nobody has come close.
I know the end is near for Bud so someone better start improving swiftly.

Ah so we move the greatest goal kicker of his time onto a wing, just far enough away that he can't kick any goals. Remembering he can't run or bend over, seems an odd spot for him. Who does he replace on the wing? Errol, Dyl, baby chad, jmac, blakey etc ? Not buying that move sorry.

Regarding Logan playing well as the focal point while I'm not disputing the validity of the comment I don't know how he is better playing against the 1st and 2nd defender than he is playing against 3rd and 4th rung defenders. It just makes no sense, again not saying it's untrue though. It might be as the focal point he has more opportunities to look good as it's heading to him more?...can this not happen with Bud in the forward line? Just run plays / patterns to focus on Logan. Bud will still get stuck with the best defender.

Buddy sure isn't what he used to be but someone has to out perform him it's that simple and so far nobody has come close.

If I could trust our mids to not kick it to him every single time I'd be happy enough to leave him forward but I don't and the last two finals showed that. Kick and hope was back rather than lowering the eyes.

If I could trust our mids to not kick it to him every single time I'd be happy enough to leave him forward but I don't and the last two finals showed that. Kick and hope was back rather than lowering the eyes.
This final series was weird. We spent most of the season not kicking to Bud and use other forwards. Finals comes along, and every kick goes to Bud.

This final series was weird. We spent most of the season not kicking to Bud and use other forwards. Finals comes along, and every kick goes to Bud.

Yep so is that coaching or is that the players. I genuinely don't know. People were way too forgiving for the last half against the Pies as that returned massively there. I don't know whether it's more the players or has it been a directive from the coaching box. Whoever it was/are it was a really silly decision and it needs to be binned asap

Are u really surprised
Not really.

I mean we signed Franklin and our board was told their 'signature or their brains' would be on the contract from Don Fitzpatrick saying we would never alter it.

Meanwhile Geelong can pay Hawkins 200k a year because he likes living on a farm, and renegotiate any contract they like however they like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The greatest goal kicker of all time is Plugger. Although (edit) I note you did say “his time”.

And it’s hard to outperform Buddy when his presence still demands nearly every forward 50 entry.

Logan will improve a lot faster if Buddy isn’t there. I don’t buy the whole “the youngsters learn so much from him” line. That might have been true at first, but it’s time for the next generation to take up the mantle.

Re-signing Buddy was a feel good story, but a tactical mistake.

Last edited:
We gave away 65 inside 50s to Geelong both times this year.

Earlier in the year we beat them by 30pts.

The difference was we matched them in contested footy but got smashed in the GF.

We don't need massive changes but we do need some changes. Big one is finding someone internally or externally who can help win the contested footy but also be accountable defensively. Imo that's Heeney, he has elite handball, elite tackling and an elite tank to get from contest to contest to make an impact. He has the athleticism to match burst type players & the freaky ability to maintain balance to get the ball on the outside for our runners like Gulden/Jmac etc. Give him a proper shot at that role so he can develop some combinations and improve his nous.

We're giving him a shitload of money to impact the game not be impacted by the game.

Smith would be literally the perfect player and weirdly the type we miss, imagine him on the SCG would go cost to AA. Jmac is great but Smith is on that next level

Worth noting that Smith debuted slightly older than McInerneys current age and Justin already has over 50 games behind him…

Warner, Rowbottom, Parker, Mills & Heeney should be our midfield core with Mills & Heeney playing in defence and offence sporadically when needed.

65 inside 50s and McCartin's man got 3 goals of which 2 were from ruck contests. Somehow I don't think it was McCartin's fault at all - I think he was superb considering the dam wall had broken in the midfield. We could have replaced McCartin with a combination of Steve Silvagni, Andrew Dunkley and Ivan Milat and it wouldn't have made any difference.

If you really want to blame someone - anyone - then don't look at McCartin. I will give you a clue as to where to look. I have bolded something in my comments. See if you can work it out.
I beg to differ.
Ivan Milat would have made a difference. Not a positive one, but a difference nonetheless 🙁

OK, here is a bit of fun. I have no idea if Bowes is the fix that we need, but rumours are that he is on $800k per year for the next two years so GC are wanting to dump his salary and are willing to give pick 7 as a sweetener. How about we give them Lloyd (who is rumoured to be on about $600k) for Bowes and pick 7? It means that we have paid $200k (for two years) for pick 7 which would give us 7, 14 and 17 for us to have a lot of fun with. Oh, and we get Bowes who I don't know a lot about.

Is this how I do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back