List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No one wants to talk about draftees :(
I know, its really annoying.

i wouldn't mind a player or two for our backline, Rampe & Fox aren't getting any younger. Lachlan Rankin I feel has some great potential but we need a few more.

I know, its really annoying.

i wouldn't mind a player or two for our backline, Rampe & Fox aren't getting any younger. Lachlan Rankin I feel has some great potential but we need a few more.

Hustwaite, Weedle, Keeler Szybkowski and Busslinger (likely need to trade up) around or first

Bevan, Gilbey, Teal, Michalanney, Verrell and Edwards would be nice in second round and later.

Hustwaite, Weedle, Keeler Szybkowski and Busslinger (likely need to trade up) around or first

Bevan, Gilbey, Teal, Michalanney, Verrell and Edwards would be nice in second round and later.
I've liked the look of Busslinger just not sure he's going to be there for our pick.

I've liked the look of Busslinger just not sure he's going to be there for our pick.

Top 10 minimum I would think. Has looked good both defending and attacking.

Been looking more into Hustwaite and really think we should take a chance on him. Boom or bust recruit but we have two firsts currently.

Verrell would be an astute pick up late

Top 10 minimum I would think. Has looked good both defending and attacking.

Been looking more into Hustwaite and really think we should take a chance on him. Boom or bust recruit but we have two firsts currently.

Verrell would be an astute pick up late

Could potentially package those two firsts to trade up.

01AUG22: National Trade & Draft Dates
NATIONAL TRADE & DRAFT DATES:

Free Agency window opens 30th Sept and free agents have until 7th Oct to switch clubs.
Clubs have until Monday 10th Oct to match bids.

The Trade Period will start on Monday, October 3 and run through to Wednesday, October 12 with deadline day again finishing in primetime at 7.30pm AED

After Trade Period is completed, clubs will have until Tuesday, November 15 to make pick swaps before the draft takes centre stage a fortnight later.

Draft Night: Tuesday night, November 29, with the AFL continuing with a two-night draft bonanza.

The rookie and pre-season drafts will be run the following day on Wednesday, November 30

All the talk of Jackson going to Fremantle - is it worth inquiring about Sean Darcy? Not sure that Jackson is a forward, and Darcy can only ruck. He would be a big bullocking ruckman with a physical presence (a bigger Mumford?) that could be ideal for our squad and the SCG.

I would happily give up one of our first round picks this year (+ a little more) for Darcy. Already been in the AA squad, only 24 which is quite young for a ruck.

All the talk of Jackson going to Fremantle - is it worth inquiring about Sean Darcy? Not sure that Jackson is a forward, and Darcy can only ruck. He would be a big bullocking ruckman with a physical presence (a bigger Mumford?) that could be ideal for our squad and the SCG.

I would happily give up one of our first round picks this year (+ a little more) for Darcy. Already been in the AA squad, only 24 which is quite young for a ruck.
Ladhams + Darcy would have one moving on to be first ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This might sound incredibly dumb, given what an obvious talent Jackson is (not to mention he's from WA), but I don't think he's what Freo need. They have Darcy who is a quality young ruck, and Jackson at best could be even better, at worst be very solid back-up/second ruck. And whilst I think Jackson can play forward, he's not the answer. They need a 45-50 goal a season forward, and badly. Is Jackson that? I'm not so sure. He might be, but at something like a million a year, they'd want him to be. Otherwise their recruitment of Jackson could end up compromising their ability to recruit that 45-50 goal a season forward they desperately need.

If Freo feel they are in their window, should they go for Buddy?

Back to us, I think our priority is to keep our cap under control so that we can keep as many of our current young crop as possible. In my time as a supporter, I can't recall us having so many guys in the 18-25 bracket who are threatening to go elite. It's so exciting moving into the future and I can see the potential for a Swans dynasty if we can keep them together.

This might sound incredibly dumb, given what an obvious talent Jackson is (not to mention he's from WA), but I don't think he's what Freo need. They have Darcy who is a quality young ruck, and Jackson at best could be even better, at worst be very solid back-up/second ruck. And whilst I think Jackson can play forward, he's not the answer. They need a 45-50 goal a season forward, and badly. Is Jackson that? I'm not so sure. He might be, but at something like a million a year, they'd want him to be. Otherwise their recruitment of Jackson could end up compromising their ability to recruit that 45-50 goal a season forward they desperately need.
Agree with that. But hey, if a opposing team want to compromise their list development who am I to disagree.

If Freo feel they are in their window, should they go for Buddy?

Back to us, I think our priority is to keep our cap under control so that we can keep as many of our current young crop as possible. In my time as a supporter, I can't recall us having so many guys in the 18-25 bracket who are threatening to go elite. It's so exciting moving into the future and I can see the potential for a Swans dynasty if we can keep them together.
They need a tall forward. They keep playing Louge there but their forwards are a real weakness and it'll only get worse when Lobb leaves.

Buddy is exactly what Freo need

I’m always really impressed when 17 year olds get promoted to the WAFL seniors and perform.

If the Swans decide a small forward / utility is a need - Jed Hagan could be our man.

Did nicely at the national champs & then jumped into the WAFL seniors last week …. racked up 20 disposals, 5 tackles + a couple of sausage rolls (despite being a little bloke at 73kg).

Huge tackle counts are a consistent feature of his game stats.

There’s a few other highly rated WA draft prospects playing WAFL - but in the reserves. Hagan has gone straight into the firsts.

He’s been captain of the East Freo colts & the Swans do like youngsters with leadership traits.

I have a mate connected to the East Freo club who reckons he’s an absolute jet.

Don’t be surprised if he appears on Twomey’s lists at some point.

I never like the word “utility”, I much prefer a set position, especially with high end selections
Generally the position they play U18 may be no relation to where they end up. Look at our own team. Blakey & Florent are now down back, as are Paddy & Tom. Teddy & Reg ... the list goes on.

Generally the position they play U18 may be no relation to where they end up. Look at our own team. Blakey & Florent are now down back, as are Paddy & Tom. Teddy & Reg ... the list goes on.

Whilst true to some degree we are talking prime selections here. If we need a defender get one, need an outside mid get one. These utilities give me huge red flags as they do a bit of this, bit of that but are never great at anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back