Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably my biggest worry from all this. The club can handle losing Clarko. It'd be devastating, it'd hurt us, but we can find another coach and we can move on.

What will really hurt us is going into 2023 without any certainty. How do we seriously engage with alternatives when we can't even guarantee them a position will be available? Patch did well as a caretaker, but there's only so long you can get by with a caretaker coach without having a definitive long-term vision.

Surely we have plan B. This is not looking good.

Yeah, well it would be somewhat of a viper’s nest you’d imagine.

Yep but eventually they'll find some nutjobs who'll take it on , they just won't be qualified to make any judgments.
I believe Razor Ray has said he'd give it a go. Caro, Corn and Damo have also offered to be involved.

Once al Clarko is released from prison in the yr 2040. I hope he is still in a good frame of mind to start coaching us.
Be a feel good movie about redemption and I hope al Clarko is played by Morgan Freeman. Morgan is mad for those type of movies I mean of course.

Yep but eventually they'll find some nutjobs who'll take it on , they just won't be qualified to make any judgments.
I believe Razor Ray has said he'd give it a go. Caro, Corn and Damo have also offered to be involved.

Once al Clarko is released from prison in the yr 2040. I hope he is still in a good frame of mind to start coaching us.
Be a feel good movie about redemption and I hope al Clarko is played by Morgan Freeman. Morgan is mad for those type of movies I mean of course.
"To tell you the truth I don't give a s---."

Given the length of time that seems inevitably will grow before the independent investigation takes place; and is completed and the increasingly serious ramifications for the club that Clarkson's standing down from starting on the 1st of November is having, I suggest that the club approach the AFL to permit him to start work as from the 1st November, however under the supervision of a suitably qualified individual, to supervise his activities, to ensure nothing might happen that aligns with what is alleged to have happened at Hawthorn.

The club cannot afford for more to potentially impact on its future prospects, than what we have seen over the last 24 hours. This is not without precedent in other workplaces. Why not here?

Hoping/assuming Clarkson is eventually cleared and he picks up his position with us properly at some point, the disruption may just be to this trade period and preseason.

Considering it'd be pretty fanciful to imagine 2023 was our flag year and he's contracted for 5 years, hopefully this ends up a drop in the ocean over the longer term.

Fingers crossed.

Clarko will 100% be coaching come round 1

There is no way we can afford to wait until Round 1. The damage will be immense if he cannot start well before then.

If its going to be round 1, then we have to have a replacement. We have to have Clarkson or a replacement, as close to November 1 as is possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no way we can afford to wait until Round 1. The damage will be immense if he cannot start well before then.

If its going to be round 1, then we have to have a replacement. We have to have Clarkson or a replacement, as close to November 1 as is possible.

I didn't interpret that as being he'll be back just before Round 1 H.

Given the length of time that seems inevitably will grow before the independent investigation takes place; and is completed and the increasingly serious ramifications for the club that Clarkson's standing down from starting on the 1st of November is having, I suggest that the club approach the AFL to permit him to start work as from the 1st November, however under the supervision of a suitably qualified individual, to supervise his activities, to ensure nothing might happen that aligns with what is alleged to have happened at Hawthorn.

The club cannot afford for more to potentially impact on its future prospects, than what we have seen over the last 24 hours. This is not without precedent in other workplaces. Why not here?

Why would AFL permission be needed? He has voluntarily stood himself down

Call me insensitive to the wider investigation all you like. But I honestly feel Ill for Clarkson, fagan , Burt and there families. Obviously as a north fan this has been so upsetting and I am sure we all feel that loss of the good vibes we felt on Clarko day through to this feeling of uncertainty. The absolute and brutal pile on on Clarkson in particular has been unprecedented. The general public have fallen for the left wing media again and the spin has been infathomable to me.

The afl need to act now and take some ******* control back and get this resolved.

What has happened in last 12 days has been the most putrid firestorm I have ever experienced.
well said. Too many people have already drawn conclusions before an investigation has even begun.
Clarko will be coaching next year, i have no doubt.

Looking forward to our next scandal. Where we finally get a coffee cart at the Club but become embroiled in a tit for tat as the coffee we use doesn't have the sustainable coffee symbol.
It’s happening…!

19BDADF9-8678-4DBA-BD0E-589B42645189.jpeg

Last edited:

Why would he require AFL permission to start on November 1? Is he on bail for hate crime or rape? Has AFL ever said he’s not allowed to coach?

FFS, the bloke has coached hundreds of players between 2005 and 2021. Dozens of indigenous players. And out of those you’ve got some bizarre allegations from 3(!) of them, which he categorically denies. Is some sort of investigation warranted? Yes. Does he need to ask permission to coach in the mean time, let alone coach under supervision? FFS, no.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back