Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This saga was always about the payout.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

I wouldn't expect anything else.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

That is where it can turn to shite real quick, a pay out equals admission of guilt. From what we have read, good luck getting anyone of the 3 admitting they did something racist. Or treated the ex-players differently.

If they do that, they're all cooked in the AFL.

This is a huge mess and could drag on for a very long time.

It would certainly * with the perpetually outraged on social media. There’d be a rush to change #istandwithukraine to #HANGCLARKSON.
Alright, you've gone up a notch in my eyes, passmore.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Ok GIF

Genuine question... What's going on with the investigation? Has the panel even been formed yet? Let alone terms of reference drawn up, witnesses engaged etc etc?

When do we start looking for another coach? If not Clarko (which i think he wont coach) who can it be?

Last edited by a moderator:
In order - nobody knows, except worksafe have launched an investigation; no, and; no

Like most fair-minded football followers, I've long been a critic of the way the AFL is run. The convenient outcomes based on flexibility around tribunal, drafting and trade rules; rule changes on the run and flavour-of-the-week umpiring; the sweeping of scandals under the carpet; the protection of 'big' clubs at the expense of the rest, etc. But its inability to move this matter forward is a level of ineptitude that most of us hadn't conceived of. The ongoing silence is staggering.

Procedurally, standing down pending investigation was absolutely the right thing for Clarko, Fagan and Burt to do. But they've been left hanging, with no indication of what the process will be.

It's time to say enough is enough, we're not staying stood down indefinitely whilst no effort is made to do a thorough and unbiased investigation. We're going back to work until you show at least a base level of competence and start to sort this mess.

Last edited:
The word is that the AFL are struggling to fill the 4 person panel. It seems not many want to touch it for some reason

They can't find 4 qualified people who are willing to do it?

Perhaps they should cast the net wider than clubland and cronies. Surely there are hundreds, if not thousands, of appropriately qualified people who could do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like most fair-minded football followers, I've long been a critic of the way the AFL is run. The convenient outcomes based on flexibility around tribunal, drafting and trade rules; rule changes on the run and flavour-of-the-week umpiring; the sweeping of scandals under the carpet; the protection of 'big' clubs at the expense of the rest, etc. But its inability to move this matter forward is a level of ineptitude that most of hadn't conceived of. The ongoing silence is staggering.

Procedurally, standing down pending investigation was absolutely the right thing for Clarko, Fagan and Burt to do. But they've been left hanging, with no indication of what the process will be.

It's time to say enough is enough, we're not staying stood down indefinitely whilst no effort is made to do a thorough and unbiased investigation. We're going back to work until you show at least a base level of competence and start to sort this mess.
I don’t disagree except on the margins; I don’t think this one is down to the AFL, the complainants told Egan they would cooperate with an AFL process and they changed their minds.

I don’t disagree except on the margins; I don’t think this one is down to the AFL, the complainants told Egan they would cooperate with an AFL process and they changed their minds.
The good old “yeah, nah”

...and haven't made alternate suggestions, which is a thinker.

Sure, but the AFL needs to show some professionalism and move to the next step given that development. Imagine a large corporate saying "gee, we don't know what to do now, we were expecting the complainants to cooperate". They'd get legal advice and follow the recommendations. And they'd do it quickly, so as to not unfairly impact upon those in limbo awaiting resolution.

TL;DR - the ongoing inactivity is still fully on the AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back