Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further to my previous post I’m still getting whispers that if this drags on for much longer legal action will be launched by the accused and they will return to work asap after that. Not sure of a time frame but I believe Clarkos team have been ready to go down this path for over a week.

Further to my previous post I’m still getting whispers that if this drags on for much longer legal action will be launched by the accused and they will return to work asap after that. Not sure of a time frame but I believe Clarkos team have been ready to go down this path for over a week.
Love your update kingy thanks mate

Nice to hear.

It's what I suspected.

I also won't be surprised if defamation proceedings are lodged. I doubt they will make it to trial, my money is on a confidential settlement and an apology from the ABC.

How long is the man expected to sit in his lounge with the curtains drawn while people * around?

I did say this yesterday no one wants to touch it due to the constraints.
Ok, all of yous on the blower to tell them that hsquid is happy to take this on.
First question: What is in the ToR?
  • Recommendations regarding culpability of individuals for a) racism b) excessive interference in players lives? [Rigorous fact-finding necessary]
  • Fact-finding and recommendations regarding patterns of clubs' potentially excessive control of players lives?
  • Recommendations for systemic improvements for support to indigenous players? / ex-players?
  • Recommendations as to financial reparations for indigenous individuals traumatically affected by their playing experience? [Rigorous fact-finding necessary]
  • For each point:
    • Is it limited to already identified individuals and incidents? Hawthorn? (x5 effort) All AFL clubs? (x18 effort)
    • Is it limited in time period covered?
Then I tell you how long it will take.

Ok, all of yous on the blower to tell them that hsquid is happy to take this on.
  • Recommendations regarding culpability of individuals for a) racism b) excessive interference in players lives? [Rigorous fact-finding necessary]
  • Fact-finding and recommendations regarding patterns of clubs' potentially excessive control of players lives?
  • Recommendations for systemic improvements for support to indigenous players? / ex-players?
  • Recommendations as to financial reparations for indigenous individuals traumatically affected by their playing experience? [Rigorous fact-finding necessary]
  • For each point:
    • Is it limited to already identified individuals and incidents? Hawthorn? (x5 effort) All AFL clubs? (x18 effort)
As a starting point if it's for Hawthorn and the already identified stuff?

Just curious KIA, you're not Clarko's lawyer by any chance? You do seem well in the know as far his contractual situation is concerned.......if so, good luck mate take em to the cleaners!

I've also heard that Nov 1 is looking likely.

Sonja happy to cop the flack that comes with that. Knows she will p*** some external people off, but it is what it is.
As long as the internal people are okay with it, I couldn't give a stuff what the externals think.

They are going to talk s**t on us regardless.

• For each point:

For a while now I've been concerned that the first dot point will be the focus, limited to what's been identified already. Essentially an attempt to contextualise the scandal as being a Clarko issue rather than a League one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as the internal people are okay with it, I couldn't give a stuff what the externals think.

They are going to talk s**t on us regardless.
Yeah, this. * em.
Mad Jennie Garth GIF by BH90210

Really appreciate the update KIA34!

Just curious KIA, you're not Clarko's lawyer by any chance? You do seem well in the know as far his contractual situation is concerned.......if so, good luck mate take em to the cleaners!
No just the same contact I had that is close to Clarko. Legal action was talked about over 2 weeks ago when he announced his legal team. He currently faces NO PROVEN charges and stood himself down. We all know where this investigation is going so the consensus is why stand yourself down if you’re innocent.

Is this info readily available now? I must have missed that.
Yep easy if you look up those indigenous players drafted in that period.
Let’s just say one was with another Melbourne club but only played seniors at Hawthorn. The second ended up in South Australia without playing a game and the third well lets just say he got into lots of legal trouble.

I've also heard that Nov 1 is looking likely.

Sonja happy to cop the flack that comes with that. Knows she will p*** some external people off, but it is what it is.

So long as the indigenous players we have are fine with it f*** everyone else.

I agree but it will be hard for Clarkson to front our blokes and say something substantial without putting the finger on the complainants, which the brothers rightfully won’t like

Ideally he’d meet with them before any others.

I mean he’ll have to meet with Jy to make him Captain.

And what a great thing to do on a return to the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back