Shield Game 11: Western Australia vs South Australia, WACA Ground, Friday 11th November - Monday 14th November

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not bent out of shape.

I gave you my theory on why he shouldn't be batting in front of Cartwright and you thought it was funny for some reason.

Your argument just doesn't make sense.
A guy is struggling at 6 and you want to push him up the order.
You went on a BBL rant and were the only person who mentioned it at all in the thread... sometimes a batting order can be about finding the best spot for everyone to prosper, I guess if WA see Phillppe as a 2nd string Keeper who can slap a few down the order then that's their perogative. I think he probably has more to offer.

Excellent innings by Whiteman today, disappointed that he fell agonising-close to a double-century though.

Great work by the Wild Thing and Kelly with the ball.

I'm concerned about WA's middle order though. Sure Wyllie is young but Cartwright is the definition of inconsistent, Philippe is NOT a first-class batsman - especially given he was just batting this match and I think Hardie is better at six than five, as he still finds his way at that level.

Missed opportunity not to play the likes of Fanning ahead of Philippe IMO.

The SACAs are the one side I want to see doing well outside of WA, it's a shame they can't get things together.

WA are my second side so it’s good to see what’s looking like sustained success out there. Now can we steal a few players?

You went on a BBL rant and were the only person who mentioned it at all in the thread... sometimes a batting order can be about finding the best spot for everyone to prosper, I guess if WA see Phillppe as a 2nd string Keeper who can slap a few down the order then that's their perogative. I think he probably has more to offer.
Fair enough.

But I can't see the reason why you'd move guys who are performing for one who isn't.

He might have more to offer but he doesn't deserve to push anyone out of their spot at this stage.

WA are my second side so it’s good to see what’s looking like sustained success out there. Now can we steal a few players?
Sure mate. Can I interest you in Bosisto and Carder?

Excellent innings by Whiteman today, disappointed that he fell agonising-close to a double-century though.

Great work by the Wild Thing and Kelly with the ball.

I'm concerned about WA's middle order though. Sure Wyllie is young but Cartwright is the definition of inconsistent, Philippe is NOT a first-class batsman - especially given he was just batting this match and I think Hardie is better at six than five, as he still finds his way at that level.

Missed opportunity not to play the likes of Fanning ahead of Philippe IMO.
But harsh on Cartwight I think.
He won last year's F&B and is averaging 58 this year.

But harsh on Cartwight I think. He won last year's F&B and is averaging 58 this year.
I guess we can reassess after a couple of games on the road by the end of the month.

But picking Philippe for this match was a poor decision. Would've been the perfect chance to give Fanning another opportunity.

Sounds like I missed a good session watching the T20. LOL Souf Straya

I guess we can reassess after a couple of games on the road by the end of the month.

But picking Philippe for this match was a poor decision. Would've been the perfect chance to give Fanning another opportunity.
I think the WACA are scared Philippe might leave TBH.

He'll be keeping next game I think as Inglis will be playing the PM's game.

I think the WACA are scared Philippe might leave TBH.

He'll be keeping next game I think as Inglis will be playing the PM's game.
You might be right but what are we losing?

He is NOT a first-class cricketer. Can't buy a run in that game. He only plays seven One Dayers for us than Shield cricket. He is a replaceable loss IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You might be right but what are we losing?

He is NOT a first-class cricketer. Can't buy a run in that game. He only plays seven One Dayers for us than Shield cricket. He is a replaceable loss IMO.

He is but he is terribly out of form

Tuggs is right I do think the WACA are scared he might walk.....but its getting to the stage where it might be the best for Aussie cricket to get the best out of him

Really with his talent he should be batting at three....I believe keeping has F**ked him up a bit

It's a pity we can't declare with a deficit, otherwise we could save a night's accommodation and fly the players home tonight. Better still, maybe shoot them and save the airfare home. I hope Jake Lehmann paid to get into the ground like every other spectator.

I recall the days, pre-Redbacks, when we were just the SACAs playing in the navy-blue caps. Les Favell was captain, Ian Chappell was an emerging talent, his younger brother Greg about to burst onto the scene, the team was talented, and was great to watch. Seriously, I wouldn't cross the street to watch this current group, they stink.

I'm beginning to feel like Waldorf and Statler from the Muppet Show. Each match you hope for something to entertain you, but you resort to sarcastic jokes in order to deal with the disappointment.

Queensland must be rubbing their hands together in gleeful anticipation of their next match.

It's a pity we can't declare with a deficit, otherwise we could save a night's accommodation and fly the players home tonight. Better still, maybe shoot them and save the airfare home. I hope Jake Lehmann paid to get into the ground like every other spectator.

I recall the days, pre-Redbacks, when we were just the SACAs playing in the navy-blue caps. Les Favell was captain, Ian Chappell was an emerging talent, his younger brother Greg about to burst onto the scene, the team was talented, and was great to watch. Seriously, I wouldn't cross the street to watch this current group, they stink.

I'm beginning to feel like Waldorf and Statler from the Muppet Show. Each match you hope for something to entertain you, but you resort to sarcastic jokes in order to deal with the disappointment.

Queensland must be rubbing their hands together in gleeful anticipation of their next match.

Think you’re forgetting about the top of the table one day clash on Wednesday 😉

I guess when either Marsh comes back, Phillippe will get dropped, can see one of the Marsh boys batting 3 and Wyllie and Hardie moving down a spot or two.....though the selectors will probably pick Cartwright over Wyllie if both Marsh boys are playing...which would be a pity, because we all know where Wyllie will be heading career wise in a few years....

Hunt, our future Test opener again showing the only resistance while wickets tumbled round him. SACA now has to finally put Jake Lehmann to the sword and one or two others need to lift their game, specially their temperament for when a battle is needed.

Last edited:
sigh another failure for Phillipe
Yes Westie we had him coming of age as a red ball batsmen last season.. at least I did off the back of a couple of patient and match defining knocks. He just cant seem to get off the blocks this season. We know he has talent, has to start producing it more consistently if he wants a Baggy Green.

Last edited:
His pace just makes things happen.
Yes. Dare the selectors take a gamble on Morris for the first series of the summer. Reckon he'd be dynamite on both the lively Perth Stadium and dewy Adelaide evening decks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back