List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I see Campbell as long term replacement for Lloyd but who knows right.

Do we really want him as a defender? Ideally I’d have him off a wing but does he have the tank? Wingers need to get the ball 30 times he struggles getting it 15!

Feel like the 5 man bench would have been good for him. Probably still sub a fair bit, but then is probably still first in if anyone under 186 gets injured.

Possibly I’d still rather him play reserves until he has a set role whatever that is

Possibly I’d still rather him play reserves until he has a set role whatever that is
Well if he doesn't have the tank for the wing, you don't want him in defence, and you've decreed he's not a small forward (despite him going at pick 5 as a small fwd/mid)... I guess he could ruck at VFL level, we might need it.

Thank you guys for the bid on Michelanney. We've made a 2022 1st round pick now, so can trade out 23 and 24 1sts next year now if siituation arises.. Bit of a bonus that I wasn't expecting.

Well if he doesn't have the tank for the wing, you don't want him in defence, and you've decreed he's not a small forward (despite him going at pick 5 as a small fwd/mid)... I guess he could ruck at VFL level, we might need it.

I actually have massive concerns for him going forward. I’m not sure where he fits at all. What’s his role…tricky one and one I can’t answer

I hope @27 we get Cowan

Then in the late 30s Van Es or a KPF

Then because Cowan goes LTI list

We take 2 rookies (knobel as a rookie ruck here would be awesome) and maybe Bradtke or Lemmey (if he is not picked)

1 cat B (Edwards)

And still have a spot for mid season draft

With our first pick next year we get best player - several great KFP next year - their is about 10 or so really good ones

Hopefully our Clearly is post 20 pick next year

And Cabor is post 40

That way we might be able to move some picks into 2024 also via swap

In what era? Wicks, Papley, Campbell, Clarke (defensive small forward), Hall-Khan. Quite a few there. I know people think Campbell will go to the mids but he was more dangerous to the Allies & All Stars as a small forward. Great goal sense. I don't like him back as he plays far too far back and his delivery is missed. Small forwards can get up the ground and deliver, see Paps and at times Ronke.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Clarke, Campbell and HHK are not pure small forwards. Could play there in a pinch but not as a replacement for Papley as a like for like change over an extended period of time if Papley was out. Wicks would be our best and only option before tonight after that you are moving players out of their natural positions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope @27 we get Cowan

Then in the late 30s Van Es or a KPF

Then because Cowan goes LTI list

We take 2 rookies (knobel as a rookie ruck here would be awesome) and maybe Bradtke or Lemmey (if he is not picked)

1 cat B (Edwards)

And still have a spot for mid season draft

Pass on Cowan I just hate this notion of let’s develop a bloke for the Tasmanian side. Yeah we’d get a pick for it but it’s a waste of time. Hotton/Hustwaithe/Barnett at 27. Not fussed. Best tall option at 42 take a Hail Mary

Pass on Cowan I just hate this notion of let’s develop a bloke for the Tasmanian side. Yeah we’d get a pick for it but it’s a waste of time. Hotton/Hustwaithe/Barnett at 27. Not fussed. Best tall option at 42 take a Hail Mary
Not Cowan I meant George

I got them confused

I would not be surprised if Hustwaite gets picked into the 30s

I am not sure why so many are into him

From day 1 I said he is vanilla and has high bust potential

Not Cowan I meant George

I got them confused

I would not be surprised if Hustwaite gets picked into the 30s

I am not sure why so many are into him

From day 1 I said he is vanilla and has high bust potential

Yeah not against George at 27 feel that’s about the range and he’s probably the one bloke in this area that MIGHT be A grade. He may flop but you don’t lose talent it’s the body that’s the query not the talent

I actually have massive concerns for him going forward. I’m not sure where he fits at all. What’s his role…tricky one and one I can’t answer
For me the evidence points to half forward until he can build more fitness. Reckon he'll be needed a fair bit more in reserves midfield next year, but that's where I'd have him in the senior team

For me the evidence points to half forward until he can build more fitness. Reckon he'll be needed a fair bit more in reserves midfield next year, but that's where I'd have him in the senior team

Yep and that’s an issue Half forwards we have coming from everywhere he sure isn’t playing ahead of Hayward

Yep and that’s an issue Half forwards we have coming from everywhere he sure isn’t playing ahead of Hayward
Idk, I see Campbell as coming in as a lead/mark and crumbing forward, but then getting a lesson in locking down on someone as a small defender. He can certainly tackle. So I don't see why he's not considered up forward. It'd be Clarke he replaces (if ever), remembering we were happy to have Ronke there before we tried Clarke, so as pure of a defensive forward as Clarke, isn't seen as a necessity.

Idk, I see Campbell as coming in as a lead/mark and crumbing forward, but then getting a lesson in locking down on someone as a small defender. He can certainly tackle. So I don't see why he's not considered up forward. It'd be Clarke he replaces (if ever), remembering we were happy to have Ronke there before we tried Clarke, so as pure of a defensive forward as Clarke, isn't seen as a necessity.

As good as Clarke was a genuine small like Konstanty would have likely been a positive. I get what you are saying about Campbell but surely he can show that in the reserves first. I still feel he doesn’t work hard enough should be racking them up at VFL level

I'm 15 pages behind so maybe my opinion will temper along the way but that was poor.... all that energy to troll GWS and Adelaide, then to trade out! I don't like that trade either, 27 is too late in this draft and those picks next year are, even if death riding Hawthorn is my second favourite sport, undervaluing 14. Skipping Allen and or Weddle is seriously costly and I think we can kiss goodbye the idea of Barnett at 27, although being 1 pick ahead of Collingwood does give me slight hope. Konstanty.... good player, trolls GWS (not sure what they did wrong to deserve a Rowston bid and then select their preferred player) but can't help thinking we missed a trick there.

I'm 15 pages behind so maybe my opinion will temper along the way but that was poor.... all that energy to troll GWS and Adelaide, then to trade out! I don't like that trade either, 27 is too late in this draft and those picks next year are, even if death riding Hawthorn is my second favourite sport, undervaluing 14. Skipping Allen and or Weddle is seriously costly and I think we can kiss goodbye the idea of Barnett at 27, although being 1 pick ahead of Collingwood does give me slight hope. Konstanty.... good player, trolls GWS (not sure what they did wrong to deserve a Rowston bid and then select their preferred player) but can't help thinking we missed a trick there.
There was no energy used, nor a conceited effort to troll GWS and Adelaide.

That was the necessary byproduct of us trading out in the first place.

If we weren't trying to engineer a trade down the order and needed that extra time to do so, then I doubt we bid on either player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back