List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm 15 pages behind so maybe my opinion will temper along the way but that was poor.... all that energy to troll GWS and Adelaide, then to trade out! I don't like that trade either, 27 is too late in this draft and those picks next year are, even if death riding Hawthorn is my second favourite sport, undervaluing 14. Skipping Allen and or Weddle is seriously costly and I think we can kiss goodbye the idea of Barnett at 27, although being 1 pick ahead of Collingwood does give me slight hope. Konstanty.... good player, trolls GWS (not sure what they did wrong to deserve a Rowston bid and then select their preferred player) but can't help thinking we missed a trick there.

Think of it this way we have banked a top 25 pick (hawks are all in for the spoon next year) for nothing. Pick 27 gets us a sliding mid, or Barnett. We’ve addressed the small forward need.

Confirmation that traded picks are linked to Hawthorn. (from Herald Sun)

Sydney handed the Hawks No.18 in exchange for No.27 plus second and third-selections in the 2023 draft.

Those future selections are both tied to Hawthorn, meaning if the Hawks finish 13th again in 2023 it will be picks 27 (this year) and picks 24 and 42 (next year) for Weddle.

That would be the equivalent of Sydney gaining No.21 for free under the AFL’s points system.

Next year’s draft is rated extremely highly, with some experts rating the talent likely to be available in the 20s and 30s similarly to this year’s late first-rounders

Banking some points for our 2023 academy boys. Will need it because I reckon GWS and Adelaide will be out to give us a black eye or two. Hoping Barnett will still be available for our pick 27 🤞
Based on our performance on draft night, that might actually be part of the master plan. Get revenge on Adelaide, piss them off enough for them to bid on our academy kid next year. Refuse to match, then get ultimate revenge by offering Adelaide a bag of chips after our academy kid requests a trade home.

Check... mate

Based on our performance on draft night, that might actually be part of the master plan. Get revenge on Adelaide, piss them off enough for them to bid on our academy kid next year. Refuse to match, then get ultimate revenge by offering Adelaide a bag of chips after our academy kid requests a trade home.

Check... mate
Incorrect, everyone was expecting Swans to pick the Crows lad with our 2nd pick, not our first. Swans flagged he was on our radar and we picked him based on that's where we saw him.

Incorrect, everyone was expecting Swans to pick the Crows lad with our 2nd pick, not our first. Swans flagged he was on our radar and we picked him based on that's where we saw him.

Does that count as the tall that some people wanted on here lol

Paps is too short to be a true marking target. Wilbur, Heens, Mcdonald, Amartey. I would like to see Amartey with a injury free preseason and used well. If he is used as a lead up target, his leading is really good. At the moment he is being told to hold position asa high marking target only.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app
You're right Wolfy, what was I thinking?!

Gulden is Buddy's true heir apparent in 2024!

Where have all the people gone who last year were crying foul over the Crows being ruthless and looking after their own self-interest during the Dawson trade?

Now we're ruthless and look after our own interests, and hey, that's business baby!

Think of it this way we have banked a top 25 pick (hawks are all in for the spoon next year) for nothing. Pick 27 gets us a sliding mid, or Barnett. We’ve addressed the small forward need.
Have we seen it in writing it is the dawks' 2nd round pick. Seems a high price to pay given they're for the spoon.

Have we seen it in writing it is the dawks' 2nd round pick. Seems a high price to pay given they're for the spoon.

Yes it’s the Hawks 2nd and third Ticky009 posted the article. They must have really wanted Weddle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect we will pay a PREMIUM for the next academy player we have
If Adelaide and the Giants have anything to say about it that's for sure.

I actually think Beatson hated having to bid on those players to stall for time.

While I don't mind a bit of retribution for the Blakey bid and Dawson deal, ultimately it will be an eye for eye at some point in the future with at least one ego maniacal list manager.

If Adelaide and the Giants have anything to say about it that's for sure.

I actually think Beatson hated having to bid on those players to stall for time.

While I don't mind a bit of retribution for the Blakey bid and Dawson deal, ultimately it will be an eye for eye at some point in the future with at least one ego maniacal list manager.
Personally I think he enjoyed it. It worked out too well for it not to have been a planned strategy going into the night. Reports an hour or so before the draft were swans were being sneaky.

That was 100% a planned attack...and i love it

Looking at draft and some names available (not that it seems to matter for KB and Dal)

Hotton - small mid
Burgiel - mid
Cowan - HBF
Barnett - ruck
George - fwd/mid
Ryan - tall utility
Hayes - KPD
Gruzewski - KPF/KPD
Hustwaite - Tall mid
Keeler - KPD
Van Es - KPD

Kinda expect more trades for 27

Still a few more pages to go.... feeling a bit better now. Knowing Hawthorn are tanking makes that trade look better and there are still some decent names out there. Please let Barnett get to us.

Can anyone see our future second, or Hawthorns 3rd coming into play tomorrow? I can

That trade was daylight robbery. We essentially turned a pick where there was nothing worth spending it on and turned it into 27, possibly 19 and 37 possibly

Basically a free top 20 pick in a much better draft and we still get another pick tomorrow early in the 20’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back