Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

First top ten bnf result. Hoping for more of that 😀

Personally I don't actually think he progressed this year. I think he was better last year, but then Clarko's system was designed for Half-backs.

I feel the top 10 finish is mostly because he played 20 games and not many others did really.

He's a good AFL player Scrimma, but he's going to need to develop his game because CJ and Day in particular offer far more upside at Half-back... Morris looked good and freed up Hardwick... And some posters are high on Seamus Mitchell too.

I hope we see Scrimma forward next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played one of the worst games you will see on Thursday. Lucky it was a practice game. Hopefully just a blip and not a sign of things to come.

I wonder if that is why he was on the B team during the intra-club, ie hes had a poor preseason??

Interesting to see if he's in the team in round 1.

He'd be in mine for sure, but I haven't watched any of preseason

I know it's not a popular opinion around here, but Scrim isn't in my best 22.

Reckon he has some really good strengths and could be a player, but think we have other/better options for balance in that back 6.

I'm still not settled on my best 22. He may or may not be in there but I am surprised how many people think he is a lock. Needs to take that next step for mine, both offensively and defensively.

Literally confused at how many dont have him as lock in their best 22, was a top 10 player for us most games last year and is elite in a few categories + rated above average in a few things aswell. Seriously who is knocking on the door saying Scrimmas you better improve when he is more consistent than all of our other half backs available.

Literally confused at how many dont have him as lock in their best 22, was a top 10 player for us most games last year and is elite in a few categories + rated above average in a few things aswell. Seriously who is knocking on the door saying Scrimmas you better improve when he is more consistent than all of our other half backs available.
This season he's had multiple defenders elevated to the leadership group ahead of him, played the intra club with the possibles and not the probables, underperformed in a simulation game and now has it all ahead of him to prove that he deserves the spot in the official practice game.

If it boils down to Scrimshaw or someone perhaps a bit less talented that works harder, this coaching outfit will probably go for the harder worker. Scrimshaw is a talented player, and on talent one of the best on our list, but he has a below average work rate and doesn't provide anywhere near the run and spread that others like CJ or Bramble do. He also doesn't fit the balance of the team as much as others might either.

We have quite a few defenders who missed a fair few games last season, Frost, Bramble, CJ, Impey and Morris. They're all players who Sam seemed to want playing if available, and they all don't fit in one side, so it's really up to Scrimshaw to play to his potential and prove he should be there.

I know it's not a popular opinion around here, but Scrim isn't in my best 22.

Reckon he has some really good strengths and could be a player, but think we have other/better options for balance in that back 6.
I’d have him in the 22 ahead of Bramble, but clearly Sam might not feel the same.

Excellent points 👍

I am big on consistency of performance and it has been an Achilles Heal for the team for the last 5 years.

One week players like JOM, Wingard, Impey, CJ can look a million bucks but then the next week they are in struggle street.

Whereas Jack (to my eye at least and also going by his game day stats) always puts in a baseline performance. Put simply he doesn't play a bad game. Some games are better than others but he doesn't play a stinker (last week's practice match aside).

Bewildering to me that we would think about replacing one of the handful of players in our list who we can bank on for a consistent performance for someone like Bramble, DGG or even Impey and CJ who struggle big time with consistency.

Excellent points 👍

I am big on consistency of performance and it has been an Achilles Heal for the team for the last 5 years.

One week players like JOM, Wingard, Impey, CJ can look a million bucks but then the next week they are in struggle street.

Whereas Jack (to my eye at least and also going by his game day stats) always puts in a baseline performance. Put simply he doesn't play a bad game. Some games are better than others but he doesn't play a stinker (last week's practice match aside).

Bewildering to me that we would think about replacing one of the handful of players in our list who we can bank on for a consistent performance for someone like Bramble, DGG or even Impey and CJ who struggle big time with consistency.
Not sure how often people can bring up legitimate reasons why Scrimshaw appears to be less favoured by the coaches than other defenders only for you to blatantly ignore them before his becomes mind numbingly circular and repetitive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back