NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed. Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Process Plan - https://resources.afl.com.au/afl/do...erms-of-Reference-and-Process-Plan-FINAL-.pdf

DO NOT QUOTE THREADS FROM OTHER BOARDS

Last edited:
So in your eyes it's more acceptable if Clarkson knowingly used the words Thomas used to threaten a female, to threaten a female?

Interesting.
Frankly I don't give a shit anymore and the carry on in this thread has alot to do with it.

He has not deigned the quote, in fact he has acknowledged its meaning and context, though it may not be word for word I will grant you.

Saying I can't be arsed to "get a simple fact like his actual quote correct" implies you have access to the actual quote, or how wolud you know?

So here are the quotes:

"Clarkson came under scrutiny last week for telling Nine journalist Elisabeth Moss “your time will come” as she and other reporters sought comment in relation to allegations of harassment and intimidation from Kangaroos player Tarryn Thomas."

"As revealed by SEN’s Sam Edmund, Clarkson told reporter Elisabeth Moss on February 1 words to the effect of “your time will come”. The incident occurred as media descended on Arden Street as further allegations were levelled against Tarryn Thomas."

"He admitted he said something "along the lines of, 'Your time will come,'" which is reportedly similar to what Kangaroos player Tarryn Thomas wrote in text messages to a woman."

Saying I can't be arsed to "get a simple fact like his actual quote correct" implies you have access to the actual quote, or how would you know?

So now put up or shut up, you show us the quote where he said something different.

And on my so called "bad faith" I am concerned that this issue has run on far too long and only joined this thread when I discovered Clackson is hold up the very proceedings has wished expedited quickly buy waiting on some paperwork. Why? The allegations are all verbal statements, surely he will only be asked to respond to those? This saga is affecting my club too you know so pretending it's the world against North Melbourne is just crying wolf.

Notice how none of those quotes use the term "You'll get yours" which is definitely a step up from your time will come in the outright threat stakes.

The original article is here:

This is a direct qquote from it:

Clarkson told reporter Elisabeth Moss “your time will come”

Frankly I don't give a s**t anymore and the carry on in this thread has alot to do with it.
Whether or not you give a shit is dictated by randoms on the internet?

At no point has anyone except North supporters and maybe one or two other posters who aren't active in this thread at the moment acknowledged that. People in this thread acting as if Clarkson's behaviour at hawthorn was worse than Eddie Maguire or the Collingwood coaching staff at the time.

You seem to be using "you're all over reacting" a lot in this thread, but then you offer up pearlers like

And he reflected on what he said and went and apologised the same day, within a few hours. The reporter in question accepted the apology and people dug it up weeks later to use against him. And it still doesn't justify the reporter behaving like a jerk. Did she hassle Jordan De Goey like that or does she think she can get away with it with Thomas cos he is black?
Which definitely makes your defence of Clarko look totally balanced and reasonable...........

He has not deigned the quote, in fact he has acknowledged its meaning and context, though it may not be word for word I will grant you.

Saying I can't be arsed to "get a simple fact like his actual quote correct" implies you have access to the actual quote, or how wolud you know?

So here are the quotes:

"Clarkson came under scrutiny last week for telling Nine journalist Elisabeth Moss “your time will come” as she and other reporters sought comment in relation to allegations of harassment and intimidation from Kangaroos player Tarryn Thomas."

"As revealed by SEN’s Sam Edmund, Clarkson told reporter Elisabeth Moss on February 1 words to the effect of “your time will come”. The incident occurred as media descended on Arden Street as further allegations were levelled against Tarryn Thomas."

"He admitted he said something "along the lines of, 'Your time will come,'" which is reportedly similar to what Kangaroos player Tarryn Thomas wrote in text messages to a woman."

Saying I can't be arsed to "get a simple fact like his actual quote correct" implies you have access to the actual quote, or how would you know?

So now put up or shut up, you show us the quote where he said something different.

And on my so called "bad faith" I am concerned that this issue has run on far too long and only joined this thread when I discovered Clackson is hold up the very proceedings has wished expedited quickly buy waiting on some paperwork. Why? The allegations are all verbal statements, surely he will only be asked to respond to those? This saga is affecting my club too you know so pretending it's the world against North Melbourne is just crying wolf.
Everyone involved in this has moved on except you and some other randos who have never made a mistake or chosen words poorly.

Everyone involved in this has moved on except you and some other randos who have never made a mistake or chosen words poorly.

In truth looking back I did misquote, though the difference between "you will get yours" and "your time will come" is splitting of hairs over intent.

And I won't move on from my original comment before getting side tracked. I am concerned that this issue has run on far too long and only joined this thread when I discovered Clackson is hold up the very proceedings has wished expedited quickly, but is now waiting on some paperwork from Hawthorn. Why?

The allegations are all verbal statements, surely he will only be asked to respond to those? This saga is affecting my club too you know so pretending it's the world against North Melbourne is just crying wolf. What is Alistair waiting on, does anyone know? Serious question. It might be his separation certificate for all we know. Strange behaviour as it's not a law court but a AFL, er independent panel of investigation.

In truth looking back I did misquote, though the difference between "you will get yours" and "your time will come" is splitting of hairs over intent.

And I won't move on from my original comment before getting side tracked. I am concerned that this issue has run on far too long and only joined this thread when I discovered Clackson is hold up the very proceedings has wished expedited quickly, but is now waiting on some paperwork from Hawthorn. Why?

The allegations are all verbal statements, surely he will only be asked to respond to those? This saga is affecting my club too you know so pretending it's the world against North Melbourne is just crying wolf. What is Alistair waiting on, does anyone know? Serious question. It might be his separation certificate for all we know. Strange behaviour as it's not a law court but a AFL, er independent panel of investigation.
You will have to ask Clarko or his lawyers as to why. I assume he is waiting on something he deems important enough to delay the investigation over. If it clears himself, Fagan and Burt then it's probably worth waiting for. Who knows how long it will take Hawthorn to find it.

I Super Googled it:

The phrase "your time will come" can be used as a threat to imply that the person being threatened will eventually face negative consequences or punishment for their actions or behavior. It suggests that the person making the threat is aware of some wrongdoing or perceived slight by the other person, and is warning them that they will not escape justice forever.

In this context, the phrase implies that the person being threatened should expect to face some form of retaliation or retribution in the future. It can be a way for the person making the threat to assert their power or control over the situation, and to intimidate the other person into complying with their wishes or demands.

For example, a boss might say "Your time will come" to an employee who has been repeatedly late for work or has been insubordinate. The boss is warning the employee that they will face disciplinary action if they don't improve their behavior.

Overall, the phrase "your time will come" can be a menacing and ominous threat that suggests that the person being threatened should be afraid of what may happen to them in the future.

Your time will come.

I keep forgetting Chief, that you can read minds, that you can Google and infer meaning 100%.

If I had to guess, I'd say he meant it in a "what goes around comes around" karma type way. It's just a guess though, I don't know what he meant as a moral certainty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You will have to ask Clarko or his lawyers as to why. I assume he is waiting on something he deems important enough to delay the investigation over. If it clears himself, Fagan and Burt then it's probably worth waiting for. Who knows how long it will take Hawthorn to find it.

I very much doubt any piece of paper will clear him of accusations by multiple complaints. Sounds like a bid to buy time, implicate higher ups in the club so they can't throw him under the bus or hope that without his or Egan's testimony (NDA) the whole process will grind to a halt. Don't imagine he is too concerned about saving Fagan or Burt.

I very much doubt any piece of paper will clear him of accusations by multiple complaints. Sounds like a bid to buy time, implicate higher ups in the club so they can't throw him under the bus or hope that without his or Egan's testimony (NDA) the whole process will grind to a halt. Don't imagine he is too concerned about saving Fagan or Burt.
Sounds like you have too much time on your hands and a wild imagination.

People in this thread acting as if Clarkson's behaviour at hawthorn was worse than Eddie Maguire or the Collingwood coaching staff at the time.

On the scale of 'shit things to do to people' I'd have thought pressuring a player to cut-off contact with their pregnant partner and push them to have an abortion was pretty high.

For someone that keeps trying to tell us 'white people' that we're racist, you're really downplaying what he's been accused of doing.

Did you look it up?

Considering its a concept from a book that is nearly 60 years old its pretty prescient.
Yes I did check it out. Machine learning reducing human intelligence may well take away our competitive evolutionary edge. We risk becoming obese diabetic low intelligence beings, lazy, emotionally weak, cacooned from life's struggles, unable to fend for ourselves when the power goes out, exstinct. Unless we act!

Good lawd - when does the footy start?

Actually its called an opinion, you should let others have them sometime or don't post on open forums. Stick to the North Melbourne echo chamber perhaps?
I'm not stopping you having an opinion. Let that imagination of yours run wild!

Retribution doesn't need to take the form of physical violence to constitute a threat. He could have been threatening her career/access. Which is still intimidating to a woman in a predominantly male field.

Sure, I’ll concede that the “threat” doesn’t have to be physical. However she’s not a sport or footy reporter, so the “male dominated” part is incorrect.

Retribution doesn't need to take the form of physical violence to constitute a threat. He could have been threatening her career/access. Which is still intimidating to a woman in a predominantly male field.
Her access is over at North Melbourne I'd think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back