Discussion 2023 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lessgo Suns, Bombers only beat hawks who aren't much chop, show them how much they front run.

Their lowest was in the teens, so those last couple goals were important for them. They once score 27 under Clarkson from a quick google memory refresh a couple times.

Right now having just looked it up, equal 38th lowest score with 37.
I’m certain we will hold a few records that will never be beaten. Lowest score ever. One behind. Most losses in a row 3 years or 48 games. Most wooden spoons can’t even remember how many maybe 28. First side to win a game on protest. First side to lose a game after the result. Could go and on.

Even with us playing half our reserves, No reason we cant beat both Dons and Suns if we play like we have been the last two weeks. Both are poor with the ball and the last two games suggest that's when we capitalize.

On Pixel 7 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well we will find out both in 2 weeks. The great thing about our start if we keep up our firm is we won tge much harder 2 of the first 4.

Looks like Gold Coast are having a crack today and are taking it up to Essendon which is good, we need them to have as hard a game as possible.

Hard to know if the Hawks are tanking of just really bad, maybe it's a mixture of both but they already look to have the no.1 draft pick wrapped up.

There is no teams worse than them from what I've seen so far, maybe West Coast but they should still be competitive at home and win some games,
I’d say they definitely aren’t tanking but maybe they ranked before the season started.

I can’t see Gold Coast ever becoming a seriously competitive club. There’s just no heat on them because they have no fans, there’s no expectations, because they’ve never had any or been a highly competitive team. They’ve become a pay packet holiday club for fringe players or blokes close to retirement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s difficult to put into words how much I hate Essendon. Can’t think of a worse side. I’d be happy for them to not exist.
I’m no fan but I think it’s a great result for us. No excuses for not having a huge crowd now. 2nd versus third. Both unbeaten. Saturday night. Probably the easiest time to get to the footy.

I can’t see Gold Coast ever becoming a seriously competitive club. There’s just no heat on them because they have no fans, there’s no expectations, because they’ve never had any or been a highly competitive team. They’ve become a pay packet holiday club for fringe players or blokes close to retirement.

Soon as GWS came into it and AFL went "we learned from mistakes with the Suns" they were always irrelevant and just waiting for either a merge, mercy kill or become a full puppet with hands up many arses.

As they've just made mistake after mistake since the s**t start they had as an entity, I mean, the AFL couldn't even be stuffed giving them buildings or an oval to train on and base out of in launch, it was utterly atrocious, my money is on full puppet and admin overhaul in their future. This is just because the AFL really want to have a second team in rugby states to be "lookit moi" even if no one really shows up, so they won't merge and change branding and they won't mercy kill by say shifting to Tassie or NT.

AFL really needed to actually push into QLD since they started with Suns and really push for them to matter, as it is though, it's the AFL, they half arsed it then immediately went to NSW as if there isn't a sporting rivalry between the two in anything. Really only have themselves to blame and it's not coincidental that GWS were the ones to make a grannie.

Well it is Luke Darcy and Dopey Tim Watson
Village Idiot GIF

Soon as GWS came into it and AFL went "we learned from mistakes with the Suns" they were always irrelevant and just waiting for either a merge, mercy kill or become a full puppet with hands up many arses.

As they've just made mistake after mistake since the s**t start they had as an entity, I mean, the AFL couldn't even be stuffed giving them buildings or an oval to train on and base out of in launch, it was utterly atrocious, my money is on full puppet and admin overhaul in their future. This is just because the AFL really want to have a second team in rugby states to be "lookit moi" even if no one really shows up, so they won't merge and change branding and they won't mercy kill by say shifting to Tassie or NT.

AFL really needed to actually push into QLD since they started with Suns and really push for them to matter, as it is though, it's the AFL, they half arsed it then immediately went to NSW as if there isn't a sporting rivalry between the two in anything. Really only have themselves to blame and it's not coincidental that GWS were the ones to make a grannie.
I have no idea what you have against the afl. Yes they make mistakes but obviously they make less than any other competition in Australia. They won’t merge or move because they actually make money for the afl even though they get a huge handout. I reckon we should be nearly the last club to complain about handouts It was obvious why they wanted a second side. We need to find footballers from all over Australia not just footy states. And sport hasnt really worked in the Gold Coast but there are many retired Victorians up there. For the good of the game and for the good of our club we need all sides to work.

Jamie Cripps just got kicked in the dick by a teammate. All in all, this has been a fantastic weekend of football for a Saints fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back