Autopsy Another bad loss. Sydney 13.8.86 def. by Fremantle 16.7.103

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem is we desperately need a tall defender, and him and Melican are the only options right now.

It honestly would not surprise me for next week if we have

In
Sheldrick
Melican

Out
Mills
McDonald
What would be the harm in just letting Francis and Gould play for a month or so as the two main key defenders? We aren't beating anyone decent either way.

It took them about 5 years to realise Ted Richards could be a really good key defender, and that was basically by accident because Hall was killing us in that 2010 final against the bulldogs.

Also it’s got me stumped why the club advocates for these 1:45pm games on a Saturday. We lose whatever home ground advantage we can get when the scg is up and rocking at night.

Can’t recall a game we have played well at this time and the crowd is usually tepid too.
Because today is Mothers Day and the crowd would have been poor. Also, time suits a fair few parents, can get them home for dinner.

Took a contested mark yesterday which was nice.

At present his marking skills are not up to being an outlet target or round the ground presence. Hopefully this side of his game will develop. Otherwise he will be a Naismith type non marking ruckman.
As in ONE !? In the VFL? LOL That's nowhere near it.
Hope we put a big offer to Darcy while he is in town.

Also it’s got me stumped why the club advocates for these 1:45pm games on a Saturday. We lose whatever home ground advantage we can get when the scg is up and rocking at night.

Can’t recall a game we have played well at this time and the crowd is usually tepid too.
So kids can go to the game and not have to stay awake till freaking midnight trying to get home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The back-to-back 50m penalties yesterday were ******* embarrassing.

Blakey throws the ball back to Treacy who decides not to reach up to catch it, with a smirk on his face knowing exactly what he's doing. Umpire pays the 50, Freo get a goal.

Rowbottom stands where he thinks the mark is (because you get 50m paid against you if you move off the mark....) and seemingly gets no warning. Umpire pays the 50, Freo get a goal.

So that's where this sport is at now. I used to watch 7-8 games per weekend. I now watch about 4-5 per weekend and this weekend I've only watched 2. It's a stupid sport now that just happens to be played by a club I love very much.

Ha! I hope so! Although surely a big bodied midfielder should have been sought after GF loss.

Can’t believe we didn’t chase Dunkley, son of a former great (albeit disenchanted).

We need reinforcements.
Nope. I hear this all the time in here.

Exactly how do you know we didn't enquire about him? His manager probably fielded calls from 17 clubs and probably shut down 14 or 15 if them straight away. If a player simply doesn't want to play for a club then the club moves on, it is pointless to then "chase" them.

I think we would be pretty amazed to hear some of the conversations that go on behind closed doors because if we think list managers only talk to player managers once or twice a year, and that is during trade period, then we live on another planet. Enquiries about players would occur every week of every month, but more often than not the player chooses other options so the clubs move on.

Not directed at you EiG, just getting this off my chest.

As in ONE !? In the VFL? LOL That's nowhere near it.
Hope we put a big offer to Darcy while he is in town.
Took 3 marks yesterday in total. 4 the week before.

5 in the previous 4 games combined (with 3 in round 2).

He is improving, gets his hands to the aerial contest and bringing more of them down.

Our first round draft pick from last year might be an idea. :p
Still on limited minutes.

Has shown a bit of energy when he hits the contest… That’s about it in his time managed appearances in the last 3 games (3,6,9 disposals, heading in the right direction).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back