Toast NMFC members voicing their displeasure at umpiring - great job members wing!

Remove this Banner Ad

That game was atrociously officiated, and the members wing let the umpires know it all game.
It culminated in extreme displeasure being demonstrated at the final siren by members throwing rubbish on to the playing surface.
Remarkably, I think that is a positive thing. Hear me out;

For too long the standard of umpring has been in the toilet, and the entire sport is suffering because of it.
And as fans, we have no recourse other than yelling, boos, and voting with our wallet (that hurts our club before it hurts the league itself).

But today at the end of the game, in scenes I've not seen in modern footy, the members wing started throwing all their rubbish on to the playing surface. And it felt righteous and justified.

I'm proud of my fellow members tonight. No more meekly accepting the fisting we regularly get from the umpires. Tonight set a new standard of fan remonstration.

Can't say I was upset to see it. We got absolutely fisted in the first half, it was vaguely even in the 3rd then they lifted the Swans back once we hit the lead. Corruption and incompetence look the same at a certain point.

A bloke told me to stop swearing during the game , which incidentally I was fine with and a little embarrassed. I did say can you hear me and we had a laugh even high fived each other in the last . But alas it wasn’t to be.

The straw that broke the camels back…..good to see the passion back.
Just watch Caro,and god forbid that muppet from sa bang on about it.
Can see it now….”my thsources tell me it was those nasty north people who made those poor Liddell umpires feel for their safety during the entire match..and see their unruly and uncalled for display at the games end… l don’t know why, and it keeps me awake at night thinking, how dare they throw items at our games icons. There outta control, and l feel for the safety of the umpires and the competition. North must be relocated out of marvel stadium”. Or something like that.

The silly little warning that came over the speakers to stop throwing things on the ground was laughably cringe. What’s a worse display, a tossed water bottle or the fact that the better team was robbed of victory by the “officials”?

Last edited:
A bloke told me to stop swearing during the game , which incidentally I was fine with and a little embarrassed. I did say can you hear me and we had a laugh even high fived each other in the last . But alas it wasn’t to be.
If you want to carry on like a pork chop, we have free reign behind the oppo supporters cheer squad. Always good banter behind there.

If you want to carry on like a pork chop, we have free rein behind the oppo supporters cheer squad. Always good banter behind there.
I think it’s because it was those cheating pricks . Maybe I will have no choice one day lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The silly little warning that came over the speakers to stop throwing things on the ground was laughably cringe. What’s a worse display, a tossed water bottle or the fact that the better team being robbed of victory by the “officials”?
Ironically one of the reasons we weren’t allowed initially into the VFL. Old habits are hard to break even if it’s a much less vigorous attack on the officials. I think once our supporters stoned the umpire of the day lol

Ironically one of the reasons we weren’t allowed initially into the VFL. Old habits are hard to break even if it’s a much less vigorous attack on the officials. I think once our supporters stoned the umpire of the day lol
Don’t condone it obviously, but I’ve never seen such fury for them before today. Would have felt sorry for them as individuals, but … I don’t.

BRING BACK STONEINGS!! :D:D

Don’t condone it obviously, but I’ve never seen such fury for them before today. Would have felt sorry for them as individuals, but … I don’t.
I don’t ,maggots however do make great bait for fishing. Had some cooling in the fridge ready once for a trip and someone pulled them out of the fridge and dropped them all over the floor lol

I quite clearly saw Goldy go up to the main umpire right at half time and have a stern conversation with him. I don’t know what was said but the umpiring in the second half was much more consistent and less fist north than the first half. They had 8 more free kicks than us 4-5 of which were 50/50 inside their 50 and resulted in goals, there my friends is where we were handicapped 😐

I condone it, there's little power the average fan even has now on the game its ruled by media vultures, crony corporate stooges and ex-players turned into brown-nosing yesmen for AFL house, and dickheads who don't know about the game.

The game belongs to the fans, and the game is not adjudicated properly and hasn't been since the early 2000s with its litany of rule changes, it has to end. Its a sport that is heavily biased and subject to illegitimate decision-making that affects games, seasons, careers and trajectories of clubs. No other sport has to deal with that to such an extent, and yet the AFL does it because 'its a very complicated game' so they say -- maybe so, but how has the sport deteriorated so much over the years then? There's no other explanation other than because the AFL meddles with it in the interest of business.

UFC rigs fights, it's not out of line to say that the AFL rigs seasons.

I condone it, there's little power the average fan even has now on the game its ruled by media vultures, crony corporate stooges and ex-players turned into brown-nosing yesmen for AFL house, and dickheads who don't know about the game.

The game belongs to the fans, and the game is not adjudicated properly and hasn't been since the early 2000s with its litany of rule changes, it has to end. Its a sport that is heavily biased and subject to illegitimate decision-making that affects games, seasons, careers and trajectories of clubs. No other sport has to deal with that to such an extent, and yet the AFL does it because 'its a very complicated game' so they say -- maybe so, but how has the sport deteriorated so much over the years then? There's no other explanation other than because the AFL meddles with it in the interest of business.

UFC rigs fights, it's not out of line to say that the AFL rigs seasons.
It’s all about the money

l was expecting to see the umpires form a huddle and walk off the ground ,stopping the game , it became so bad....l loved it..:laughv1::laughv1::laughv1:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back