Autopsy Round 10, 2023: Hawthorn demolish the Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

What a beautiful chain of play this was.. Some of the key parts of our next flag was on show

Lovely.

Just love Breust's shepherd here, too. Kept contact with his man from 15 metres out, put him off balance so he crashed into his West Coast teammate, guaranteeing the goal bounced through.

*en Foxtel … I can’t watch the game live so record it (via season link)

It recorded the first two quarters on channel Fox 504 until half time, then they switch to Fox channel 503?

The Foxtel box continues to record the start of Carlton vs Collingwood, when the hawks are at halftime in Tasmania.

I’m sooo annoyed
Same thing happened to me as I was out. Not sure if you can do the same thing (don't know how season link works) but I just went back and downloaded the game (plus the next couple of shows as well as it cut the game short by a few minutes). Very satisfying watch!

Lewis’ attack on the ball was great to see. Was a man possessed.

He was hungry for his goals that's for sure.

Our whole forward line was up and about. Could smell the blood in the water.

We need that intensity and intent every game.

*en Foxtel … I can’t watch the game live so record it (via season link)

It recorded the first two quarters on channel Fox 504 until half time, then they switch to Fox channel 503?

The Foxtel box continues to record the start of Carlton vs Collingwood, when the hawks are at halftime in Tasmania.

I’m sooo annoyed
they didnt even tell you. It just transitioned into prematch for the other game (unless i was in the bathroom when they did let us know)

Worpel now ranked #2 in the comp for Centre clearances, behind Neale. Wow.
What’s been most impressive for mine is his consistency of effort. His lowest clearance amount is 4. But then he’s had between 6 and 8 clearances in every other game.

With only one game below 10 contested possessions.

Raw numbers can be deceiving.

On what I've seen, he'd be our 3rd best clearance player behind day and duke
Day and Duke look better with ball in hand when they win it. They just haven’t been winning the clearances nearly as much as Worps has been.

What we have that’s so strong is 4 players who are all very good at winning clearances on their own. Which means we are always dangerous at the stoppages. No matter where the tap goes.

Bit of a breakout game from Weddle imo, but i love the consistency of effort from Seamus. I've never sunk the boot in, but was sceptical on him 'til his debut. His consistency of effort week after week is admirable - he consistently plays hard football and breaks the lines with pace, kicks and hard running to provide a follow-up option. He deserves the rising star nomination this week for mine. Will be interesting to see which way the selectors go.

It’s looking like a good draft all round from last year. Loved the defence today. Blanck great after losing an early contest against a very good player. Weddles confidence has really grown. Finding it tough to see where DGB fits in the short term without an jnjury. Similar for scrimshaw and CJ as that back 7 looked the best all year, albeit we played very little. Let’s see them again exactly as is next week against a side that has towelled us up in recent times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All those commenting that we only beat a VFL standard side, who the hell else were they supposed to beat?

Ask for a better team to be presented?

All they can do is play the team in front of them and they did that.
Also the hyperbole about how Box Hill would beat them is ridiculous. They’re a very poor AFL side but they would still towl up any state league side.

The West Coast list management team were FILTHY when we drafted Brockman. They'd been hiding him.

They'll feel even worse today, he absolutely torched them.

We've got a genuine a-grader here, he's brilliant. Ridiclously agile, classy, tough.
That first goal he kicked where he sold two people candy, did a double cutback and nailed from around 50 was dare it was dare i say it, delicious.

Today was a sugar hit for the players and us as supporters.

But I don’t think we can take anything from it apart from the ruthlessness of the kill. Eagles were appalling and a 10 goal win was par for today.

Great result, bit of reward for effort but next few weeks will be a better gauge of where we are at.

One of the most pleasing things about today was how straight Kosi's goals were. I hope someone has been working on his kicking, because on today's effort, happy to see him go another round.

Structurally and team selection we got alot right today :

Two key forwards Lewis and Kosi. Tick

Small forwards providing pace and pressure in Brocky and Butler. Tick

A proper lock down full back Blanck playing and playing well. Frees up Sicily to roam and intercept. Tick

Pace and run combined with high workrate in defence with Seamus, Weddle and Impey. Tick. Scrim and Morrison don't give us this impetus.

One of the most pleasing things about today was how straight Kosi's goals were. I hope someone has been working on his kicking, because on today's effort, happy to see him go another round.
Just on Kosi, I noticed he was signing footys with his left hand after the game. As dumb as this may sound, is there any possibility this may affect the bio mechanics with his balldrop to kick with his right foot? Sort of pushing it across the body with his dominant hand rather than guiding down with his right hand.

just seems odd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back