Opinion Unpopular Opinions: Dons Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would the Bulldogs have wanted him? He wouldn’t get a game in their best 22.

He'd make every team in the comp as a Tom Lynch (ADE) style half forward. I reckon he averages over 2 goals a game when playing 70% time forward.

Laverde is very skilful, courageous and disciplined and will thrive once we have two actual, proper key defenders
Counter-argument: He's been very injury prone his whole career, his defending nous is pretty average and not a great ball user. 1-2 years tops.

If we have 2 proper KPD's, then I don't see how he's in the team tbh.

I floated this at the time - I would have done it.

I also would have been ok with including Merrett (not saying straight swap) in the deal.
Me too, was a very unpopular opinion 🤣, I stand by it though.

I wouldn’t have traded Zach though.

Joe Daniher will return to Essendon in the last few years of his career to create a romantic tilt at a flag and bookend once and for all the Daniher dynasty.
Romantic as that may be, idk if we'd win a flag with him sitting on the fence :\

- our history over the last 10 years with identifying and developing indigenous talent is embarrassing and we don't seem to even recognise it
Happy Judy Reyes GIF by ClawsTNT

Took the club another 18 months to figure that one out

Darcy Parish will be a tackling and two way running machine next season. And with the inclusion of Tsatas, Parish could likely change roles from a mid/forward to a defensive midfielder.
Either way, he will be elite, go close to winning the BnF, and fans won't want to lose him in free agency.
That is actually not a bad call. Will watch closely how he comes back tomorrow.

I've decided I like this thread.

Jones will be the best of your 1-3 year players.
This one seems to get more unpopular by the day. 😐

The Bomber nickname is an anachronism and shouldn’t be a part of our future.
Still unpopular

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Replacing shiel in the midfield set up and in the supporters' hearts
Getting a gun inside midfielder that actually damages the opposition with speed whilst everyone fawns over Parish still

One day we will read an article that says “After his early career was heavily interrupted by injury, premiership defender Zach Reid has played 90 of a possible 98 games across the last four years.”

“Speculation had been high that the firm hangar surface was contributing to the Bombers’ high injury toll. However researchers have identified that the long term injury list improved dramatically immediately after the club abandoned their 90s war plane logo.”

Tsatas will be this board's whipping boy by the end of 2024.
With his kicking style, this is defs gonna happen.

My unpopular opinion:

Redman shouldn't be in the AA squad. Performs really well in all games we're winning but goes completely missing in games we're losing. Also costs us too many goals with lazy kicks across the goal/dumb 50's/free kicks

My unpopular opinion:

Redman shouldn't be in the AA squad. Performs really well in all games we're winning but goes completely missing in games we're losing. Also costs us too many goals with lazy kicks across the goal/dumb 50's/free kicks
What's the stats like wins vs losses? I don't think it's that big a discrepancy tbh.

What's the stats like wins vs losses? I don't think it's that big a discrepancy tbh.

Wins:
23.6 disposals
2.1 clangers
3.1 inside 50's
0.5 goals
105 supercoach (i know its not perfect, but at least it factors in effective possessions and the like)

Losses:
21.8 disposals
3.6 clangers
1.2 inside 50's
0.2 goals
80.2 supercoach

Wins:
23.6 disposals
2.1 clangers
3.1 inside 50's
0.5 goals
105 supercoach (i know its not perfect, but at least it factors in effective possessions and the like)

Losses:
21.8 disposals
3.6 clangers
1.2 inside 50's
0.2 goals
80.2 supercoach
I mean. That's not exactly completely missing is it? Small discrepancies which you'd expect from a running HBF in losses.

I mean. That's not exactly completely missing is it? Small discrepancies which you'd expect from a running HBF in losses.
Yeah it's pretty even. The Cats game was clearly his worst, but the Brisbane game was very good stats wise; both losses
KHMM gainedTpressure ActGoalKHMM gainedTpressure ActGoal
1​
22​
2​
6​
472​
1​
8​
2​
Haw
59​
Wins
17.875​
5.75​
7​
491.375​
2.875​
9.5​
0.5​
2​
17​
5​
7​
482​
6​
12​
0​
Suns
28​
Losses
16.6​
5.4​
5​
417.8​
1.2​
9.8​
0.2​
3​
15​
5​
6​
310​
1​
10​
0​
Stk
18​
4​
16​
11​
7​
494​
6​
12​
1​
GWS
13​
5​
14​
2​
3​
602​
4​
13​
0​
MEL
27​
6​
18​
5​
4​
540​
2​
7​
0​
Coll
13​
7​
12​
4​
3​
292​
1​
14​
1​
Gee
28​
8​
14​
7​
5​
379​
1​
10​
0​
Port
5​
9​
24​
6​
7​
568​
1​
8​
0​
Bne
42​
10​
21​
6​
8​
555​
2​
8​
0​
Rich
1​
11​
23​
8​
11​
591​
0​
2​
1​
WCE
50​
12​
15​
4​
6​
351​
3​
12​
0​
Nth
6​
13​
15​
8​
8​
384​
1​
9​
0​
Carl
34​

My unpopular opinion:

was thinking similar. Dont get me wrong I really love the guy but he escapes a lot of the criticism that gets directed at guys like hind/hepps etc for poor decision making/disposals.

was thinking similar. Dont get me wrong I really love the guy but he escapes a lot of the criticism that gets directed at guys like hind/hepps etc for poor decision making/disposals.
I'd agree he does have a bit of teflon about him. I think TheGrizz might have said similar earlier in the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back