Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will be really instated to see how this 'Pick Purchasing' works & what cost clubs are willing to pay/accept for a 1st Rounder.

If $1m gets you a 1st Round Pick then I'd much rather buy 1st Round Pick for the next 4yrs (= 4x 1sts) than buy 4x years of Whitfield for $1m a year to receive a single 1st Rounder.

Will be really instated to see how this 'Pick Purchasing' works & what cost clubs are willing to pay/accept for a 1st Rounder.

If $1m gets you a 1st Round Pick then I'd much rather buy 1st Round Pick for the next 4yrs (= 4x 1sts) than buy 4x years of Whitfield for $1m a year to receive a single 1st Rounder.
Likely not be in this year though, is it? Unless I’ve missed something.

Brilliant idea!
How did nobody on here think of this?
Well, he'll cost probably a late second-round pick. So when you look at it from that perspective, either you can pick up a battler-type 18-year-old or you can pick up a player who is still young but with a lot more to work with. With 27 disposals, 5 clearances and 9 inside 50s last week, he also nailed the audition.
Who will we move on to get the Draft capital ?

So will you say no to this deal in pursuit of that ideal whenever it comes. Will there be clubs mismanaging their salary cap so badly every year to enable such a scenario + we need to be sh1thouse to have space to take salary dump deals for those 4 yrs as our players were not good enough to command top rates.

Well to be fair the braintrust on here rolled with Whitfield AND pick 4/5 for the salary dump lol...
Turned out to not be a furphy after all. Attempts to shut down discussing this option at the time was misplaced.

So will you say no to this deal in pursuit of that ideal whenever it comes. Will there be clubs mismanaging their salary cap so badly every year to enable such a scenario + we need to be sh1thouse to have space to take salary dump deals for those 4 yrs as our players were not good enough to command top rates.

Turned out to not be a furphy after all. Attempts to shut down discussing this option at the time was misplaced.

Eh?

The article said entirely the opposite.

Whitfield might be in play, but he's not coming with a high pick attached. That's silly...

The only difference this time is that we are still to hear from his family who were very keen on his return two to three years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We sure that isn’t an Eagles staff member signing him up for this weekend?
Nah it's basically every WCE fan rn. "Save us Harley", they say. I'm pretty sure West Coast is the only team bad enough for Harley to not excel in right away.

Haha
I opened with "I'll be really interested to see how it works". Who knows, we might be able to package picks + cash for pick upgrades, turning a 2nd into a 1st etc.

It doesn't need clubs to mismanage their salary cap every year. All it would need is 1x club per year to value $1m more than a Draft Pick. You don't think that's conceivable???

The answer here is that we need info from AFL on how it would/will work, including the start date.

Also, how is it you think spending $1m a year to buy draft picks (from my scenario) renders our list as sh1thouse for years, yet somehow spending that same $1m a year to acquire Whitfield wouldn't have the exact same impact on the list? $1m a year is $1m a year, dude. Doesn't matter if you buy picks or a player with it, it has the exact same impact on the rest of the list ;)

They won't take at 1.
So they need pick 3, as he won't be there at 5 for them.
The better Curtain goes, the more a pick 1 trade comes down to us or North. We want Curtain to be a clear top 3 pick to put us in that conversation and otherwise Curtain looks a great prospect for us anyway so I’d be very happy with him or Caddy the way they are both tracking. Roughead types

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back