Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Because they were struggling financial and are debt ridden so the AFL granted them permission.

We’re not in the top echelon of financial security but it’s been mentioned that we wouldn’t qualify for this concession.
We bulldozed the debt before, we can do it again!

We all forget that Bevo was offered two extra years to help settle him down. This obviously hasn’t worked. So they were really trying to help him by offering him some breathing space.

Would've lost me too after claiming the list was s**t. Even though it's true.
I did think his post game was a dead man’s presser. It sounded like someone who knows he’s gone and was given his view from that perspective. Because it wasn’t good leadership or characteristic of his player loving tenure

Alot going on today!
Sorry I'm late to the party i have had a quick read through the pages ive missed but will add what i have heard. Apologies if it's already been said.

Grant at this stage looks to be the Sacrificial Lamb

Bevo has been offered a Severence that would see him paid 50% P/A for the life of his contract or until he took a role equal or higher within the AFL industry, he turned it down.

B.Smith is getting interest but not from Geelong.

Treloar is getting interest from the Suns as they look to win finals, Hardwick wants to make and win finals as soon as next year so they will be aggressive this trade period.

English is still a waiting game. He has been given a Large offer from a Vic club.

Lade has another year to go on his contract aswell, he has been offered a change of role but turned it down.

My sincere apologies, I omitted you in my ITK list post Mojorisin !

Honestly this shouldn’t be an overly difficult situation, it really should be very amicable.

Announce that this is Bevs last season, he gets a minimum of one farewell game which he obviously deserves, we all get the slight chance of a bit of a dead cat bounce which who knows could turn into a mini run and potentially win a final or two with the shackles well & truly unleashed, and the ability for everyone to go out on somewhat of a high and start afresh (with a nice little, well deserved payout for Bev)

If Bevo doesn’t want to do that and would rather be dragged out kicking & screaming and ruin his whole legacy at the club in the process, well that would say a lot about the kinda guy he really is.

Will be interesting to watch this play out, it really is a pretty straight forward situation/outcome - should these grown men be capable of swallowing their bruised egos

Have heard the Treloar stuff too. However Suns can’t afford his salary for the remaining two years. Our agreement with Pies was only for the first 3 years of the contract. Would need to be restructured for it to work. Dusty still a live chance to head up too.
So were on the hook for 900 odd k a season from now on for Treloar? That is seriously yuck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly this shouldn’t be an overly difficult situation, it really should be very amicable.

Announce that this is Bevs last season, he gets a minimum of one farewell game which he obviously deserves, we all get the slight chance of a bit of a dead cat bounce which who knows could turn into a mini run and potentially win a final or two with the shackles well & truly unleashed, and the ability for everyone to go out on somewhat of a high and start afresh (with a nice little, well deserved payout for Bev)

If Bevo doesn’t want to do that and would rather be dragged out kicking & screaming and ruin his whole legacy at the club in the process, well that would say a lot about the kinda guy he really is.

Will be interesting to watch this play out, it really is a pretty straight forward situation/outcome - should these grown men be capable of swallowing their bruised egos
What do you mean dragged out kicking and screaming? If we owe him money we owe him money. He deserves it

2023 grand final could get awkward if got on another finals roll 😂

What do you mean dragged out kicking and screaming? If we owe him money we owe him money. He deserves it
Having some self respect would mean taking a severance package, which sounds like has already been declined. If he’s lost the players he can’t go on to fulfil his duties to the club, that’s on him.

Having some self respect would mean taking a severance package, which sounds like has already been declined. If he’s lost the players he can’t go on to fulfil his duties to the club, that’s on him.
What about the self respect involved with getting the contract you earned honoured by the other party

With the window on this playing list temporarily shut, I hope we hire our next coach as a long term thinker. Rebuild ahead of us. An external review of the footy department before this rebuild would be wise

What about the self respect involved with getting the contract you earned honoured by the other party
Coaches get sacked all the time in world Sports when they under perform. Just pay Bevo out and move on no coach can survive once they have lost the playing group

So were on the hook for 900 odd k a season from now on for Treloar? That is seriously yuck
Not sure what the figures are tbh. Pies might have paid a big chunk of the first three years and we may have shoved money around to compensate. Might be a question for someone with better info than I.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back