List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We spent 4 1st rd picks on Beams mk2 and Treloar so when we take account on Hines non picking of tall KPP we ought to remember we have wasted many draft picks particularly high ones of which Hine had very little say.

I believe Collingwood's deal/arrangement is with Grundy only. To pay him 250k per year for the term of the contract. Collingwood have no deal with Melbourne. So if he leaves the pies deal still remains between them and Grundy.
Nope. Not the way it works.

That's the saving relative to our valuation of worth. The actual saving is salary of player minus the cost of replacement. In this case it's Grundy's salary minus Steenes salary.
True although I’d argue it’s more Cameron/Cox replacing Grundy. He used to ruck almost entirely on his own.

I would think it would be a good trade period if we did bugger all but kept Finn Macrae, who i am confident will be a future star. He has had the perfect apprenticeship to step in and be an immediate impact player.
It reminds me of retaining Moore and DeGoey were the major off-season priority in those years.

I would think it would be a good trade period if we did bugger all but kept Finn Macrae, who i am confident will be a future star. He has had the perfect apprenticeship to step in and be an immediate impact player.
It reminds me of retaining Moore and DeGoey were the major off-season priority in those years.

MaCrae manager pretty much said he will stay at least 1 more season

I hope you’re right. I’d also like to keep McInnes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So going by that only Players we might Bring 1 or 2 Fringe Players IF any at all

Could be a Boring Trade Period for Collingwood Fans
Wont mind if we can spend our time watching a flag replay again and again and again

I guess the thing with Markov is that (1) Fly had a relationship with him and knew his value and (2) Markov had been delisted so was a free agent so it’s not as if Fly was poaching him

Not sure that there’d be too many players who would fall into that category between Fly, Wright and Bolton?

I guess what I'm driving at is a more senior player for later picks (incl rookies) be that a DFA, or a fringe player or a state leaguer or whatever. Could be McCreery (young but playing senior state league footy) or could be Markov (the journeyman) for some recent examples. I think that's a better prospect of success with later picks.

Take early picks to the draft. Or if we trade them do so on a player with the right age profile i.e., fairly young. A less recent example of that would be when we traded in Adams. The guys discussed I like are Clark, Holmes, Callaghan.

I guess the thing with Markov is that (1) Fly had a relationship with him and knew his value and (2) Markov had been delisted so was a free agent so it’s not as if Fly was poaching him

Not sure that there’d be too many players who would fall into that category between Fly, Wright and Bolton?
Fly would have a relationship with Mabior Chol, who seems to be surplus to requirements at GC now - obviously still contracted though.
Whether he is a type of player we are looking for is another matter, but he did kick 44 goals for The Suns last year.
Hollands would be the GC player I'd be interested in now that Flanders has re-signed.
He'd now be behind a few players in their midfield.

Fly would have a relationship with Mabior Chol, who seems to be surplus to requirements at GC now - obviously still contracted though.
Whether he is a type of player we are looking for is another matter, but he did kick 44 goals for The Suns last year.
Hollands would be the GC player I'd be interested in now that Flanders has re-signed.
He'd now be behind a few players in their midfield.
richmond could do with Chol now that Riewolt has retired lol But seems they have their eye on someone..

“I think there’s a mystery forward that they’re (Richmond) keen for,” Ralph said.

“I think he’s only a mid-size player in terms of the contract size but I think when Jack Riewoldt retired, the feeling was we’ve (Richmond) got one.

“We’re looking for one, we’ll bring him in and it won’t cost us much in terms of trade collateral but we feel like he will help us out.”
“They don’t feel like Ben Miller or Samson Ryan are ready next year to be the second or third key position player.

“So who is it? It’s not Mabior Chol, it’s not Jack Silvagni, it’s not Chris Burgess, it’s not Harry Jones, it’s not Hayden McLean.

“So who is the Richmond mystery forward who just might help them out.”

Kreuger lol

I think there's way too much talk about KPFs. We've just signed McStay, Mihocek is having a career best year and we were around top 3 for scoring this season.

There's continually mention of Hine being against talls. No. This is a decision made by the football department. You can see a change in our drafting since the new regime came in. The type of player to look for is not solely up to Hine. If the footy department wanted talls Hine would prioritise them.

It just happens that our previous and current regime have not been big on risking picks on KPFs. I'm with them. You want KPFs that compete but a few exceptions aside, paying big money or giving up plenty of assets in a trade, just isn't worth it. Running players and tall defenders are more important. If you have one earlyish pick taking a tall is always a major risk.

I'm happy with the competitiveness of McStay and Mihocek and there arent too many tall forward combos I'd prefer. I'm not really looking for anything else other than future replacement for those two. The third tall, second ruck is the question.

I think there's way too much talk about KPFs. We've just signed McStay, Mihocek is having a career best year and we were around top 3 for scoring this season.

There's continually mention of Hine being against talls. No. This is a decision made by the football department. You can see a change in our drafting since the new regime came in. The type of player to look for is not solely up to Hine. If the footy department wanted talls Hine would prioritise them.

It just happens that our previous and current regime have not been big on risking picks on KPFs. I'm with them. You want KPFs that compete but a few exceptions aside, paying big money or giving up plenty of assets in a trade, just isn't worth it. Running players and tall defenders are more important. If you have one earlyish pick taking a tall is always a major risk.

I'm happy with the competitiveness of McStay and Mihocek and there arent too many tall forward combos I'd prefer. I'm not really looking for anything else other than future replacement for those two. The third tall, second ruck is the question.
Would have been nice if we picked Naughton instead of Stephenson.

I'd bring in a key forward but i'd only do it if it was an a-grader i.e., someone like Naughton. Reality is that would cost too much and we don't have the trade capital to pull it off. When we're discussing imperfect fits I reckon we already have that with McStay, Krueger, Johnson etc. So unless we've got some kinda insight on a player others have missed I wouldn't be pursuing it closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back