Half-forwards:Tom De KoningHarry McKaySam Docherty
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellGeorge Hewett
Jack Martin
Emergencies:David CuninghamBrodie KempMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies

Last edited:
I think Newman takes Rayner, Weitering to Daniher, Kemp to Hipwood, Saad to Cameron or McGovern to Cameron, Probably McGovern. Fletcher, Bailey, Ah Chee to be taken by Saad, Cincotta and/or Dockerty/Fisher/Marchbank/Boyd. I think we take a tall out for this game. I think we have to, our ball movement has gone backwards for a start. Not enought players to get 25+ disposals run and hit hard targets in defence. Think Hollands stays in and Docherty goes back or Fisher or Boyd come in to play the half back role.

We have shown preference to be taller rather than quicker. It's worked on the defence and hurt us on the offence.

I think they do worry us a bit for height up forward. The second really tall forward could worry us but if we can stop them marking then we are at an advantage.

Last edited:
Cripps just out muscled and out played two of the best going around with a supposedly cracked rib.

Don't think we could want for too much more.
Hes been a warrior.

But I'm talking about those browlow medal winning. 35 possession. 10 clearance. 2 goal. Dominations.

Saving it for the big dance!

No chance Fog will be dropped same with Owies.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think Fog could be effective as a small defender if we are under siege, love Boyd, but we've experienced how ineffective players are when missing large chunks of gametime at finals level.(it is asking a lot)
Leave Marchy out for some much needed faster transition.

Dare I say it but there’s a little bit of Collingwood from last year about us over the last 4 wins.

Just can’t kill us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haha I hope not as the Pies lost their prelim by a point playing interstate

But on a serious note we are potentially creating history with our 3 month turn around - it’s unprecedented and hopefully continues

As Blue Abroad noted in his recap of the semi - we played badly in patches and lots of mistakes in our first two finals but he felt the Blues juggernaut is about to start - we have finals experience now and we could be on the cusp of outstanding footy - we just have to connect a couple of dots and watch out

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Th

They are free if the person is the holder of a companion card, I would suggest that your cousin looks into it.
Thats interesting as my cousin has had to buy a ticket for the Support Worker for alot of games this year. The family are members and they were thinking about joining up the Support Worker as a member as it was becoming quite costly.

No to Boyd as he hasn't played for how long?

No to Fisher as he hasn't stuck a tackle since 2019.

Doc back and Hollands to the wing?

I just thought Marchbank was beyond terrible on Friday, most of the game...and four talls vs. Lions seems wrong (unless Gunstan plays?).

All those McCarthy types circa 180cm, maybe Rayner 185cm odd?

Be interesting to see how Vossy and the coaching group approach this.

Obviously will start as underdogs but do we stick to the same formula or, with Harry back and Curnow struggling with confidence do we throw a few moves at Brisbane:

- Harry play deep forward

- Curnow play up very high, even have a run on the ball early or across half-back where his kicking is a weapon.

- Martin to play CHF or one out full forward.

Can we win this Baggers?
How will we do it?
Details please.
My non-stats inclined brain says yes, but we must be confident and remember to play with dare and run for periods in the game.
I do not buy into the 'we have a weak outside game' crap.
What are Walshy, Cots Acres snd Doc...ham sandwiches? ( as shetland likes to say)
It seems we can match them middle forward and defence.
The Fortress idea is no more than an evil Empire mind game.
But we have a few Jedi masters who can also conjure mind tricks. We will reverse magic their spooky talk and make the Gabba our Princes Park.
Walshy BOG
Charlie 3 goals
Hazza 2
Martin 2
And loads of 1's from others.

Go Blues!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McCarthy, who I rate, stands only 178cm!
But his whole game is based on marking on unsuspecting defenders.

He's the 12 touch 3 goal forward if teams put too much effort into quelling the rest of them.

You needn't worry too much, despite constant petitioning they dont allow me to actually pick the team yet. Their loss.

Wick. To confirm . Did you source them elsewhere or would you like our code?

Thanks for the kindness. Three awesome regular posters. Help set me up with tickets. Quite a few others PM me to offer as well.

Eternally grateful for each and every one of you.

Thank you

For what it’s worth, we were navy blue guernseys and white shorts v the Lions at the Gabba in round 21 last year.

It’s a funny twist of fate, but we look to be shaping up against the three teams that did us over in the final three rounds of last year. Marking them off, one by one…
steve buscemi people to kill GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back