List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In a time when the need for speed is gaining more momentum, I'm glad we ain't going to throw a heap of cash to someone like naughton. Get me another Bobby Hill for attack and midfield and that will do me. If we can add athletic hybrid 190 odd cm players on every line we'll be set for the next 5 years. This is manics snapshot of the future
Yeah. I'm with you. We had the era of the KPF. More recently it's been the brute power mids. Now we're on to lighter agility speed and skill - it's the era of Nick, Rozee, Butters that kid from North.

I'd love Naughton as a kpd though.

Congrats? Did Masked Magician win that premiership? You’d probably lose that grand final if he gave you his inside info on Brisbanes tactics!
Tbf to Masked Magician he did say “at some stage” which we all know contracts mean nothing. It’s the reason your running around with our scraps and we could built a list to win a flag!

Another rubbery "expected" stat.
How is the average determined?
Does it take into account kicks under pressure?
Coaching instructions & game plan?
Can't beat the eyeball test.
On the bolded on particular, yes. It takes in to consideration the difficulty of the kick, and what the average hit/miss ratio would be league wide for said kick. So you won’t be harshly punished in the ratings for missed kicks under intense pressure whereas as you would be for over cooking a relatively simple pass with time and space.

I’m no fan of CD’s ratings as a whole, but their kick rating system is a ton more insightful than straight up DE%.

Yeah. I'm with you. We had the era of the KPF. More recently it's been the brute power mids. Now we're on to lighter agility speed and skill - it's the era of Nick, Rozee, Butters that kid from North.

It looks like that's the way it's going. These powerful big mids and flankers will be worth their weight in gold over the coming years. I think we proved that speed and system in defence is probably the most important asset going forward. Naughton as a defender would make us almost impossible to score against

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fine player. But these extra long contracts are over the top these days. Hope we learned our lesson giving Grundy 7 years. At least that was the old regime. Good luck to him. He got an incredible offer.

It's probably semantics in terms of what we mean by holes, but I don't think there are holes like there were last year when we needed an extra solid AFL quality inside mid and an AFL quality KPF, which we got. But obviously there are still areas we can improve. Other than ruck and a move like Goldstein that improvement will cost a bomb as it's guns in the most expensive roles - mid and KPP. Our flankers are best in the league - pretty comfortably I think.

It's semantics and also likely differences in how we rate some existing players. I also think it's helpful to think beyond the short term with list management because it's as much an exercise in medium/long term planning as anything else. You've alluded to this too and I agree.

If they're stupid enough to s8gn naughton for life then I have no doubt they would be stupid enough to do that with JUH. You'd think they would have learned something by watching us win the flag without players on lifetime contracts
You still have grundy on a lifetime contract!

I think we've seen the ebb with KPF's and their importance will rise again, and is currently rising. The rule changes have been effective in speeding the game up which offers more opportunities for them. You see that in goal kicking tallies which are rising again. We're not well placed for it imo but fortunately have a really dynamic and complimentary group of forward players atm and it hasn't hurt us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back