List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

I agree I reckon u should hold out fellas!
I’m sure u will be more than satisfied going to the draft with “go home risk factor” pick 1 , a sliding 23 , 37 , 58 & 81 by the day & with a team of spent players in gaff , sheed , yeo , Kelly ,Cripps , McGovern, Darling all over 30 with Nic Nat , Shuey & Hurn all retired .
Perfect recipe for a quick rebuild” I say !
Shinbeggar Exhibit A

We need midfield depth players urgently. I'd say we use all our picks on mids just to build some depth in that area. A mature mid might be needed aswell to come straight in.

We going into 2024 so far with
Kelly Reid Gibney as locks
The below list of mids who all have question marks into 2024
Sheed???? Is he going backwards
Gaff ??? Has he fallen off the cliff
Chesser??? Where is he at
Hewitt??? Is he a mid or forward
Yeo??? Is he a mid or backflank

Yeah that's a pretty risky midfield line up to go into a season with. If we lose even one we will be uncompetitive.

Looking at that all 5 draft picks we have should be used on mids. We need some depth badly. I'd like us to use our 2nd pick on a mid. Forget Collard or pick him late if still there. It be negligent to list requirements to pick him at our 2nd pick. Collard in my opinion is extremely overrated. Little forward pocket that played good in a handful of games. Where was he though most of the season. We have plenty of forward pockets which in reality is a position that's been pretty easy to fill over the years. We even have Brockman now to add to it.

Our forward pockets. We go into 2024 with
Cripps Long Ryan Brockman and Hewitt Culley could even play there. That's all we need for the role. Can pick up one next year's draft if it's needed as they are not hard to obtain.
This year’s draft is very short on mids.

Not many mids selected from the second round onwards make it, looking at the past 8 drafts.

In a considerably shallower draft, midfielders is the one position I’d be actively avoiding outside the first round.

I agree I reckon u should 👍 hold out fellas!
I’m sure u will be more than satisfied going to the draft with “go home risk factor” pick 1 , a sliding 23 , 37 , 58 & 81 by the day & with a team of spent players in gaff , sheed , yeo , Kelly ,Cripps , McGovern, Darling all over 30 with Nic Nat , Shuey & Hurn all retired .
Perfect recipe for a quick rebuild” 🤣👍 I say !
Vic media's really done a number on these blokes.

North would be better off looking to trade three back for dees 6 and 11. Take a draft of mckercher, O’Sullivan and Murphy and be set for years.

If Wardlaws hammies can hold together they’ll be fine in a couple of years.

The additional 3 end of first rounders was a ridiculous additional assistance and was only given to try and manufacture the desired result of landing them Reid the marquee player.

They’ll no doubt end up taking mckercher and duursma and then be crying poor again next year to the afl because their defence leaks goals like a seive

North would be better off looking to trade three back for dees 6 and 11. Take a draft of mckercher, O’Sullivan and Murphy and be set for years.

If Wardlaws hammies can hold together they’ll be fine in a couple of years.

The additional 3 end of first rounders was a ridiculous additional assistance and was only given to try and manufacture the desired result of landing them Reid the marquee player.

They’ll no doubt end up taking mckercher and duursma and then be crying poor again next year to the afl because their defence leaks goals like a seive
They could also try turn 2 of those end of first rounders 17 18 for pick 8.

Then have 2 6 8 11 15

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

fdbdbeab-763d-4f63-90e8-863e763926c0_text.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's a meme, but we probably do need a (tallish) HBF with midfield potential to replace Hurn and Yeo.

Is there a tough, speedy, 190cm HBF that has a long-range, booming kick? I'd actually be keener for a Curtin type if he was about 10cm shorter 😂
Bodie Ryan is tough, good overhead and has good kicking depth. He was excellent at the championships. Beau Waters type?

Jay is fast becoming my most respected vic “journalist”. Good reading, more confident than ever that he has a good source at the Eagles.

Jay's articles definitely giving the impression he has a better source around our recruiting team than most other journos. Writes it with some certainty and extra detail where others are just speculating. Promising stuff.

I agree I reckon u should 👍 hold out fellas!
Perfect recipe for a quick rebuild” 🤣👍 I say !
If you got Reid he'd probably ask to go to a real club just like JHF last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back