Which current coach do you dislike the most?

Which coach do you most dislike?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No I actually don’t mean it as a diss. It’s actually more of a compliment.

Port Adelaide supporters are genuinely funny on here. The way you guys express your understandable frustrations is straight up my style of humour.
I didn't mean it as a diss either, just saying you guys have respect now that you've won a premiership which I'm sure you are very proud.

Port supporters just want change because there is nothing to look forward to until we get rid of Hinkley. We know what we get with him, we get nada.

It probably is...

Richmond from 1983-2012 made finals in 1995 and 2001. So 2 years of finals (although prelim finals) in a 30 year stretch.

Dockers from 1995-2023, might as well make it 2024 as well as I dont think freo will make finals in 2024, Made finals 8 times in 30 seasons. Not great. But looking at those years.... 2003, 2006, 2010, 2012-15 and 2022. Only made back to back finals in 2012-5. Again... 8 years out of 30. I would of loved freo to have made finals in 2005 and 2021. that means back to back finals in 2005-6 and 2021-22 along with 2012-15. It still would of been 10 years of finals but at least those back to back finals eras would of stood out.

If my team is and was gonna make finals 8 times in 30 seasons, I could tolerate a 5 or 6 or even 7 years of no finals if that means back to back finals or finals for 2 or 3 years in a row at the end of the 5-7 year rebuild.

Port Under hinkley made finals in 2013-4, 2017, 2020-21 and 2023. 5 finals wins from 2013-21 isnt bad.

Carlton has only won 4 finals since the end of 2001.
5 finals wins from 2013-2021 is terrible. You can't compare us to Carlton because they are only just recovering from their paper-bags cheating and the next 15 years trying to trade in to get better.

Hinkley had all the hard work done for him by Primus who turned over the old Chocko era players and put 50 games into kids. He has gotten every player he has asked for. He's been given every opportunity to succeed and even had some luck go his way. BUT HE'S STILL MANAGED TO FAIL DISMALLY.

Any team should make finals about 50% of the time or better unless they are in a re-build. Port haven't been in a bottom-out rebuild during the entire Hinkley era. I'm not even apportioning blame the numbers are enough to see him sacked.

It probably is...

Richmond from 1983-2012 made finals in 1995 and 2001. So 2 years of finals (although prelim finals) in a 30 year stretch.

Dockers from 1995-2023, might as well make it 2024 as well as I dont think freo will make finals in 2024, Made finals 8 times in 30 seasons. Not great. But looking at those years.... 2003, 2006, 2010, 2012-15 and 2022. Only made back to back finals in 2012-5. Again... 8 years out of 30. I would of loved freo to have made finals in 2005 and 2021. that means back to back finals in 2005-6 and 2021-22 along with 2012-15. It still would of been 10 years of finals but at least those back to back finals eras would of stood out.

If my team is and was gonna make finals 8 times in 30 seasons, I could tolerate a 5 or 6 or even 7 years of no finals if that means back to back finals or finals for 2 or 3 years in a row at the end of the 5-7 year rebuild.

Port Under hinkley made finals in 2013-4, 2017, 2020-21 and 2023. 5 finals wins from 2013-21 isnt bad.

Carlton has only won 4 finals since the end of 2001.
* off maniac with your bad energy
Go support port if you love Hinkley.

5 finals wins from 2013-2021 is terrible. You can't compare us to Carlton because they are only just recovering from their paper-bags cheating and the next 15 years trying to trade in to get better.

Hinkley had all the hard work done for him by Primus who turned over the old Chocko era players and put 50 games into kids. He has gotten every player he has asked for. He's been given every opportunity to succeed and even had some luck go his way. BUT HE'S STILL MANAGED TO FAIL DISMALLY.

Any team should make finals about 50% of the time or better unless they are in a re-build. Port haven't been in a bottom-out rebuild during the entire Hinkley era. I'm not even apportioning blame the numbers are enough to see him sacked.
I had to bold and underline some of your lines in your post as they interested me.

1st bolded bit... you say 5 finals wins from 2013-21 is terrible. I disagree. it is not bad. Its only terrible due to a lack of a flag or a grand final. had your team won a prelim final in 2014, 2020 or 2021, this argument would be different.

Carlton were putrid from 2002-2022. Yeah they recovered from their paper bag and under handed tactics in the salary cap. What hurt carlton wasnt just having an ageing squad in 2022, its also the lack of 20-23 year old coming through. Had carlton drafted 6-12 decent kids from 1997-2001, the team would be different. Carlton didnt play one final from 2002-7 partially for that reason.

Comparing carltons 2002 situation when they breached the cap to the crows 2012 situation for breaching the cap with Kurt tippets dodgy contract... it was night and day.

How come the crows didnt spend 2013-7 not playing finals? They had drafted well from 2007-09. they got guys like Taylor Walker, Patrick Dangerfield, Rory sloane, Phil Davis and Daniel Talia.

Essendon hasnt won a final since they beat the demons in 2004. Gold coast have not even made finals.

2nd bolded bit... Hinkley had all the hard work done by Primus? Um.... yes and no. Yes because Matty Primus was dealt a bad hand. The squad was poor and Port was the only club that didnt have a midfield coach. Port had a small and horrible coaching staff. It didnt take away the fact that Primus was an elite player in his day.

Saying that.... Ports Post 2007 grand final era produced mixed results. Choco had to get rid of some old players in 2007-09. That 2006 draft brought in Travis Boak, robbie gray and Justin Westhoff.

That 3rd bolded bit..... Dont get me wrong, I follow the dockers, a below average club... finals wise. I dont see the dockers make finals in 2024. If thats the case, thats finals 8 times out of 30 seasons. That is dire and bad. only made back to back finals once and that was 2012-5.

If my team was gonna make finals 8 times in the next 30 years, I could tolerate a 5 or 6 or 7 year rebuild of no finals if there was a 2 or 3 year run of finals at the end of it.

You need to realize one thing, theres 18 teams in the AFL. 8 finals spots and 10 teams miss out. That is less than 50%. Once tassie comes in as team 19 and we get a 20th side, enjoy trying to make finals 50 percent of the time when there is 8 finals spots and 12 teams miss out. So... 40 percent chance of making finals.

Once your team drops and go through a 4-6 years of no finals, you will change your view on hinkley.

* off maniac with your bad energy
Go support port if you love Hinkley.

Well... Port in the last 10 years have something to cheer on about. Prelim final in 2014, elim final 2017, prelims in 2020-21 and finals in 2023.

Dockers? since that 2013 grand final, we have had straight sets exit in 2014, a prelim loss in 2015, a 2016-21 rebuild and finals in 2022 and 14th in 2023.

So....

over a 30 year period from 1995-2024, dockers only have 2012-15 to look back as a sign of consistent finals run or back to back finals.

Well... Port in the last 10 years have something to cheer on about. Prelim final in 2014, elim final 2017, prelims in 2020-21 and finals in 2023.

Dockers? since that 2013 grand final, we have had straight sets exit in 2014, a prelim loss in 2015, a 2016-21 rebuild and finals in 2022 and 14th in 2023.

So....

over a 30 year period from 1995-2024, dockers only have 2012-15 to look back as a sign of consistent finals run or back to back finals.
Who gives a * west coast have been heaps better go support them.
Go kiss their dick and froth over their organisation.
Every club has been more successful than us go cup their balls.
It’s attitudes like yours that’s holding us back.
I hope you voted for longmuir in this thread

Last edited:

So....

This is why people don't compare things to utter failures like Freo, this isn't Port supporters expecting SANFL like dominance herp derp it's about converting when you are in the window. It's really not a dramatic expectation unless you are a Freo supporter.

You need to realize one thing, theres 18 teams in the AFL. 8 finals spots and 10 teams miss out. That is less than 50%. Once tassie comes in as team 19 and we get a 20th side, enjoy trying to make finals 50 percent of the time when there is 8 finals spots and 12 teams miss out. So... 40 percent chance of making finals.
I don't agree with this at all even though there are 18 clubs a number of clubs are in a self induced re-build while a couple others are plain hopeless. This is how I see the 18 clubs right now

Collingwood - contending
Brisbane - contending
Carlton - contending
Melbourne - contending
GWS - contending
Sydney - contending
Port - contending without Hinkley
St Kilda - contending to make the 8
Western Bulldogs - contending to make the 8
Adelaide - contending to make the 8/end of rebuild
Essendon - contending to make the 8/end of rebuild
Fremantle -contending to make the 8/ end of rebuild
Geelong - beginning of rebuild
Richmond - beginning of rebuild
Gold Coast - rebuild/hopeless
Hawthorn - rebuild
North Melbourne - rebuild/hopeless
West Coast - rebuild

So of 18 clubs, 9 of them are either beginning, ending or are currently in a rebuild. And most years are the same this is why Hinkley's record is so bad. He doesn't make the finals enough and when he does, he doesn't win enough finals.

Would you replace Justin Longmuir with Ken Hinkley if given the chance?
I know Freomaniac would do it in a heartbeat.

Back One Out is on record saying he would replace Sam Mitchell with Ken Hinkley if given the chance.

Back One Out is on record saying he would replace Sam Mitchell with Ken Hinkley if given the chance.
No chance in hell
Kens a grifting drip feed
There’s a fair few of them in multinational companies who work their way up by claiming success and blaming failure on others.
Call me crazy but I love JL
My tune will change if we don’t make finals but we will win finals in 2024
I’m not a defeatist like maniac, it great until it’s not.
I’m a big believer in mindset if you don’t believe you will never succeed and Ken is cut from the same cloth as maniac.

If you enjoy being reminded about the dockers not winning a flag, go right ahead.

If you enjoy the fact that only once the dockers made back to back finals or finals for at least 2 years in a row in a 30 year stretch of 1995-2024, then go right ahead.

the only club that has been less successful than Freo historically is the suns. Even the Giants have won more finals and made more prelim finals in 2016-2023 than freo has in the last 30 seasons.

Hell Jack Darling has won 8 finals in his career to Fremantles 7 finals wins in the dockers 30 year history.

that is the sad truth.
This is why people don't compare things to utter failures like Freo, this isn't Port supporters expecting SANFL like dominance herp derp it's about converting when you are in the window. It's really not a dramatic expectation unless you are a Freo supporter.
That is very nice for you to say that.

Amazing you Port Fans are always complaing. You can always be a Freo supporter if you want. lol

I don't agree with this at all even though there are 18 clubs a number of clubs are in a self induced re-build while a couple others are plain hopeless. This is how I see the 18 clubs right now

Collingwood - contending
Brisbane - contending
Carlton - contending
Melbourne - contending
GWS - contending
Sydney - contending
Port - contending without Hinkley
St Kilda - contending to make the 8
Western Bulldogs - contending to make the 8
Adelaide - contending to make the 8/end of rebuild
Essendon - contending to make the 8/end of rebuild
Fremantle -contending to make the 8/ end of rebuild
Geelong - beginning of rebuild
Richmond - beginning of rebuild
Gold Coast - rebuild/hopeless
Hawthorn - rebuild
North Melbourne - rebuild/hopeless
West Coast - rebuild

So of 18 clubs, 9 of them are either beginning, ending or are currently in a rebuild. And most years are the same this is why Hinkley's record is so bad. He doesn't make the finals enough and when he does, he doesn't win enough finals.
you didnt read my post didnt you?

If this was 1995-2010. that 16 year run was 8 finals spot and 16 sides. If your side back then made finals 8 times out of 16, made 2 grand finals and won a flag in that period. you didnt over achieve or under achieve, you were on Par.

the non vic sides did well. Port from 1997-2010 won 1 flag from 2 grand finals and made finals 7 years out of 14.

dockers made finals 3 times from 1995-2010 that was 2003, 2006 and 2010.

The other 4 non vic clubs from 1995-2010 in Crows, Brisbane, sydney and west coast made 2 grand finals , won 1 flag and made finals 8 times out of 16 as the bare minimum....

Again.... 8 finals spots and 10 miss out. less than 50 percent, well 45 percent chance of making finals.

once tassie comes in and a 20th side comes in. that is 8 teams in and 12 out. So 40 percent chanc eof making finals.

Dont talk this mumbo jumbo about a 50 percent chance of making the 8.

Non vic sides complained enough about the Grand final at the MCG.

Would I replace Ken Hinkley for Justin Longmuir in the right situation? Absolutely.

I would like him for 10 seasons if he could give freo a similar finals run like Port from 2013-21 or a similar finals run win and loss wise like Brad Scott did at North from 2010-2019. I am not expecting or demanding a flag. I want a sustaned finals run for 3 or 4 years in a row.

Hinkley as a head coach at another club would be good. I assure you he would improve 2 or 3 teams right now if he was gone at the end of 2024, Hawks would be one of those clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you didnt read my post didnt you?

If this was 1995-2010. that 16 year run was 8 finals spot and 16 sides. If your side back then made finals 8 times out of 16, made 2 grand finals and won a flag in that period. you didnt over achieve or under achieve, you were on Par.

the non vic sides did well. Port from 1997-2010 won 1 flag from 2 grand finals and made finals 7 years out of 14.

dockers made finals 3 times from 1995-2010 that was 2003, 2006 and 2010.

The other 4 non vic clubs from 1995-2010 in Crows, Brisbane, sydney and west coast made 2 grand finals , won 1 flag and made finals 8 times out of 16 as the bare minimum....

Again.... 8 finals spots and 10 miss out. less than 50 percent, well 45 percent chance of making finals.

once tassie comes in and a 20th side comes in. that is 8 teams in and 12 out. So 40 percent chanc eof making finals.

Dont talk this mumbo jumbo about a 50 percent chance of making the 8.

Non vic sides complained enst because what I'm saying is there are only 12 teams contending for the
What I'm saying is that there are only 12 teams that contend for the finals so if you are in contention and not rebuilding you have a 66% chance of making the finals. So Hinkley is 6/10 and a 60% success rate of making finals less than the numerical odds.

And out of those 6 appearances his grand final conversion is 0/6.

He's putrid.

Again.... I dont think 5 finals wins from 2013-21 is terrible. If it was 6 wins and a grand final appearence in either 2014 or 2020 or 2021, you might have a different view.

If it was 6 finals wins from 2013-21 and a flag in either 2014 or 2020 or 2021, the view on Hinkley would be much different.

Bevo will be called a genius for his 4 finals wins and that flag in 2016 with the dogs.

Again.... I dont think 5 finals wins from 2013-21 is terrible. If it was 6 wins and a grand final appearence in either 2014 or 2020 or 2021, you might have a different view.

If it was 6 finals wins from 2013-21 and a flag in either 2014 or 2020 or 2021, the view on Hinkley would be much different.

Bevo will be called a genius for his 4 finals wins and that flag in 2016 with the dogs.
That's a bizarro thought - what if Hinkley had a flag? Without going to the obvious, if it was one of the latter years sack Hinkley wouldn't be a thing. Because if you can win one you can win another, the fact he hasn't won one isn't bad luck though.

Would I replace Ken Hinkley for Justin Longmuir in the right situation? Absolutely.

I would like him for 10 seasons if he could give freo a similar finals run like Port from 2013-21 or a similar finals run win and loss wise like Brad Scott did at North from 2010-2019. I am not expecting or demanding a flag. I want a sustaned finals run for 3 or 4 years in a row.
This is genuinely sad to read. Following professional sport might not be for you.

What I'm saying is that there are only 12 teams that contend for the finals so if you are in contention and not rebuilding you have a 66% chance of making the finals. So Hinkley is 6/10 and a 60% success rate of making finals less than the numerical odds.

And out of those 6 appearances his grand final conversion is 0/6.

He's putrid.
you are saying 12 teams next season are contending for 8 finals spots? I disagree....

In reality, its all 18 sides. Crazy to say that.

Again richmond made finals in 2 years out of 30 years from 1983-2012. Thats not 50 percent.

you are saying 12 teams next season are contending for 8 finals spots? I disagree....

Again richmond made finals in 2 years out of 30 years from 1983-2012. Thats not 50 percent.
You are simplifying this.

It’s not Tatslotto where you pull numbers out of a bowl and every number has equal % of getting picked.

You can’t count % this way of teams chances of making the 8.

Teams are not equal.

If you really need to have % to work out teams chances then you first need to rank the teams.

Then do a simple equation like this…

Collingwood has 10 lotto balls in the bowl
Brisbane has 9 and so on… West Coast has 1.

Go look at my teams history....

Again. Only 8 years out of 29 years the dockers made finals. Its sad reading.
You are saying this today as Freo are starved of consistently making Finals

But how would you feel if they make Finals consistently but with no flags? You can’t answer this because you don’t know how it feels. Thus you should not criticize how Port fans feel.

I’m sure Magpies and Cats fans weren’t too happy in the years they constantly made Finals without being Premiers.

Do I look fondly of Tigers being minor Premiers in 1982 and 2018? Not a bit! Forgotten years in my book!

While I can look fondly on 1995 and 2001 because of the drought.

The Elimination Finals losses became tedious and was not happy just making the Finals.

Last edited:

So North Melbourne and West Coast are going to make the finals. It's crazy to think that they might make it. Some of the others Hawthorn/Gold Coast could with a miracle but it would take a handful of teams to fall over.

You are saying that just by participating you are contender and I don't agree with that philosophy.

Yes and Richmond were sheer pooh from 1983 to 2012 the most under performing joke in the league. And I think a lot of Richmond supporters would agree. Supercoach Terry Wallace could compare with Hinkley with his lack of success. I class them as hopeless during most of that period certainly not a consistent contender.

Pick any season and there will be 1/3 of the league that had very little chance of making the finals at the beginning of the season.

Back