Which current coach do you dislike the most?

Which coach do you most dislike?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You are saying this today as Freo are starved of consistently making Finals

But how would you feel if they make Finals consistently but with no flags? You can’t answer this because you don’t know how it feels. Thus you should not criticize how Port fans feel.

I’m sure Magpies and Cats fans weren’t too happy in the years they constantly made Finals without being Premiers.

Do I look fondly of Tigers being minor Premiers in 1982 and 2018? Not a bit! Forgotten years in my book!

While I can look fondly on 1995 and 2001 because of the drought.

The Elimination Finals losses became tedious and was not happy just making the Finals.
My team made finals consistently in 2012-15 for no flags. So I know exactly how it feels.

I will always savour those 4 years under ross lyon. Dockers didnt make back to back finals before or since. They didnt make back to back finals from 1995-2011. only made it in 2003, 2006 and 2010. should of made finals each year from 2003-7.

They didnt make back to back finals from 2016 onwards. Made finals in 2022, shouldof made back to back finals in 2021-22.

Elim finals were not bad for richmond in 2013-5. Your side finished 9th in 1994, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2006 and 2008.

Ross Lyon. It would still be the case even if we won 10 flags in a row under his coaching.

I can't stand his smarmy face, the way he threw a final and flew to Perth in secret leaving us in the lurch, the way he weaseled his way back in to the job stabbing yet another nice person in the back, his mysoginistic attitude, the way he talks down to people, the way he plays favourites even at the detriment of the team, the way our form wildly swings from week to week and even within games, the way he takes certain average players and treats them so poorly that they demand to leave the club.

I am so mad he's our coach again.

Ross Lyon. It would still be the case even if we won 10 flags in a row under his coaching.

I can't stand his smarmy face, the way he threw a final and flew to Perth in secret leaving us in the lurch, the way he weaseled his way back in to the job stabbing yet another nice person in the back, his mysoginistic attitude, the way he talks down to people, the way he plays favourites even at the detriment of the team, the way our form wildly swings from week to week and even within games, the way he takes certain average players and treats them so poorly that they demand to leave the club.

That's funny they are most of the things that we hate about Hinkley sometimes shown in different guises.

you are saying 12 teams next season are contending for 8 finals spots? I disagree....

In reality, its all 18 sides. Crazy to say that.

Again richmond made finals in 2 years out of 30 years from 1983-2012. Thats not 50 percent.
I notice that you are consistently comparing Hinkley's Port team with bin fires and then say look how great Hinkley's record is.

I know that Freo are a serial under achiever and man for man they should have a better record than they do but in my opinion Ross Lyon was the reason you didn't get a flag . With your list and a better coach you would have got a flag.

I notice that you are consistently comparing Hinkley's Port team with bin fires and then say look how great Hinkley's record is.

I know that Freo are a serial under achiever and man for man they should have a better record than they do but in my opinion Ross Lyon was the reason you didn't get a flag . With your list and a better coach you would have got a flag.

I had to bold and under line your whole posts. I am amazed on the hatred Port fans have on Ken Hinkley. I dont think he is a bad coach. He isnt as good As Clarkson at the hawks in 2013-5 or Damien Hardwick at the tigers in 2017-20.

But looking at Hinkleys finals record at Port. 5 wins and 7 losses from 2013-23 isnt bad. hell... take away the 2 finals losses in 2023. 5 wins and 5 losses from 2013-21 isnt a bad record. I dont think Hinkley is the main reason why Port has failed to win a flag.

As for my mob if you wanna throw your view about dockers coaches.

Are the dockers serial under achievers? Absolutely.

Should they have a better record? No Doubt.

I have said this before and will say this again. Out side of flags, I would love to trade 2 certain wins for 2 losses.

1. I would trade our win in round 23 in 2014 vs Port in Subiaco for round 22 in 2005 vs Port. If that happened, Freo beats port in 2005 and gets Ports finals spot in 2005. that means back to back finals in 2005-6. Dockers losing in round 23 in 2014 means port gets 4th and freo gets 5th. that means Elim final vs tigers in Perth. I wouldnt of cared if we won or lost that game.

2. traded our 2023 home win vs essendon for that 2021 narrow loss vs essendon in Docklands. Freo in 2023 would of finished 14th anyway in 2023. But that narrow loss to essendon in 2021 cost freo a finals spot. Had the dockers beaten essendon in 2021, the irony of that was freo would of taken the bombers 8th spot in 2021.

Again that meant back to back finals in 2021-22.

Then you mentioned and bagged out Ross Lyon. You said ross Lyon is the reason freo didnt get a flag? Ross Lyon is the dockers coach that got the closest to the dockers in getting a possible flag.

Put it this way... If Mark Harvey was still coaching freo in 2012 and 2013, would Mark Harvey would of got freo a flag? I will give you a clue. Ross Lyon is still coaching in 2023. Where is Mark Harvey? exactly.

One final thing. Dockers made 3 prelims in their 30 year history. 2006, 2013 and 2015. Ross Lyon coached in 2013 and 2015.

guess who was coaching the dockers in 2006? Chris Connolly.

Dockers had 6 wins and 7 losses mid season. Then won 9 in a row. Thank Matty Pavlich kicking 61 goals in 2006 and Jeff Farmer kicking 55, including 34 in that 9 game winning streak. Ross Lyon never had an elite forward line at the dockers.

But looking at Hinkleys finals record at Port. 5 wins and 7 losses from 2013-23 isnt bad. hell... take away the 2 finals losses in 2023. 5 wins and 5 losses from 2013-21 isnt a bad record. I dont think Hinkley is the main reason why Port has failed to win a flag.
... why on earth would you do that?

How about rather than taking away the most recent and therefore most relevant form, we take out the games you're relying on from 10 seasons ago instead? That leaves us with 2 wins and 5 losses. 0 wins and 4 losses in elimination games.

Incredibly, every single one of those four lost elimination games were at home. In fact, 6 out of our last 7 finals have been at home. We've lost 4 of the 6. We started as heavy favourite in all but one of those 4 losses.

A truly awful record, which would have resulted in any president other than David Koch sacking the coach responsible.

My team made finals consistently in 2012-15 for no flags. So I know exactly how it feels.

I will always savour those 4 years under ross lyon. Dockers didnt make back to back finals before or since. They didnt make back to back finals from 1995-2011. only made it in 2003, 2006 and 2010. should of made finals each year from 2003-7.

They didnt make back to back finals from 2016 onwards. Made finals in 2022, shouldof made back to back finals in 2021-22.

Elim finals were not bad for richmond in 2013-5. Your side finished 9th in 1994, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2006 and 2008.I

Elim finals were not bad for richmond in 2013-5. Your side finished 9th in 1994, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2006 and 2008.
I guess some fans crave more and some fans don’t.

Easily Brad Scott,
the king of false hope and like him even less now that he’s coaching *

Chris Scott just reminds me a bit of David Brent. The way he needlessly rephrases questions to suit his own agenda.
Even just his haircut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A truly awful record, which would have resulted in any president other than David Koch sacking the coach responsible.

Kenny can only do so much
He's not responsible for winning the hit outs
Scoring goals
Or stopping goals from being scored.

Finals losses are on the players shoulders. Need more players like JHF!

Scoring goals

Ahh the old Kenny can't do it for 'em! people still dying on this hill 11 years on is bonkers.

He picked an unfit ruck, an unfit undersized KPD & two unfit KPF's in the last final alone.

Bevo, Scott Brothers & Lyon are the only coaches that I dislike as they all seem like huge flogs.

Goodwin needs to go to rehab and sort his club culture out.

Fly and Fagan seem like genuinely nice people.

The others.. shrug.

Scoring goals

Absolutely moronic argument.

Why are we paying him so much then if he's not responsible for our on field results? Why bother having a senior coach at all?

Chris Scott by the length of the Nullarbor 😜

Scoring goals

I actually agree with you. I rarely ring up politics in this board.

People blame donald trump for everying wrong with the world such as the russian invasion of ukraine and all the wars breaking out in the middle east.

I have no animosity towards Ross Lyon. lol

Some saints fans still havent forgiven him. lol

Back