Preview Round 2, 2024 vs Richmond changes & pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finlayson for Mitch seems obvious but we would then need to rely on Dixon for ruck chop outs, and I'd rather keep him out of the ruck to maximise the chance he plays a full season up forward.

Maybe if we are ok with rucking Ratugolea then we could do the swap, but leaves us a bit thin down back.

Having watched Hinkley's press conference so you didn't have to, I can reveal that

a) He's not resting Boak and is already planning how it will be great for his family in Victoria to be there when he plays his 350th. Also you try telling Boak he won't be playing.

b) Dixon is not 100% and they don't want to risk further injury with ruck work, although Charlie keeps volunteering which Ken thinks makes him a weirdo.

1710725912737.png

Jed is in concussion protocols so won't play.
The 2nd ruck is a bit of a problem. Finlayson just doesn't seem to want to do it and especially make contact.
Jones was a bit fumbly and also flew and didn't mark or kill the contest. He did some good things too.
Evans is better than Jed but not the answer long term either.

Maybe Sweet gets a look in.
Maybe Williams comes in.
I would love to see Anasatasopoulos in but the possibility of that happening is not a lot with this coaching staff.

I know I'm going to wrecked for this call,

But I think Bergs is almost as bad as Jones.

He fumbles and his disposal is atrocious, his decision making is sub par at times.
I'm a Bergman fan and he did some good but he had a direct fumble that lead to a goal on the 50 metre line and he also missed three reasonable shots for goal.

His kicking has been better than last year and I'll give him some extra time on the wing to adjust but the issues are noted.

A mate said that Finlayson had multiple surgeries in the post season and basically hasn’t trained.

Anyone got any intel on this?

Lachie Jones unfortunately is looking very ordinary ATM he will need to pull his socks up or slip some cash under hinkleys office door.

Those suggesting a Williams for Mcentee swap really don't understand. Mcentee is in the side for his defensive pressure. Williams is probably the slowest player on our list. I can't think of a more unsuitable swap structure wise. All for getting Dyl in the side but this is not the way.

Those suggesting a Williams for Mcentee swap really don't understand. Mcentee is in the side for his defensive pressure. Williams is probably the slowest player on our list. I can't think of a more unsuitable swap structure wise. All for getting Dyl in the side but this is not the way.

That 1 tackle in 2.5 quarters was elite

Having watched Hinkley's press conference so you didn't have to, I can reveal that

a) He's not resting Boak and is already planning how it will be great for his family in Victoria to be there when he plays his 350th. Also you try telling Boak he won't be playing.

b) Dixon is not 100% and they don't want to risk further injury with ruck work, although Charlie keeps volunteering which Ken thinks makes him a weirdo.

View attachment 1931592

I realise you are only the messenger, Ford, but how the absolute **** do we expect Charlie to ever be 100% if we keep playing him when he is not?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Main take away was that McEntee was just as influential in the second half as he was the first
Surely he would have been subbed out anyway.

Evans as small forward was the sub, it would have been a like-for-like. And give he had 1 touch for 3 quarters, it would have been pretty obvious

Sup ken ...

uR9IDF.gif

I'm a Bergman fan and he did some good but he had a direct fumble that lead to a goal on the 50 metre line and he also missed three reasonable shots for goal.

His kicking has been better than last year and I'll give him some extra time on the wing to adjust but the issues are noted.
He also fumbled an easy mark that lead to a goal assuming you're talking about the one that went through his legs

Williams should be in the side somehow but returning to 2016 with 10 half back flankers in the best 22 isn’t the right answer either

View attachment 1931592
What about when Ken said Port basically wouldnt exist anymore if it was not for Boak. Nearly had a car accident when i heard that.

I've gone into bat for Jed in the past, as i think some of the criticism has been unfair but that was about as anonymous of a game as I've ever seen from anyone before.

the collision and subsequent subbing out was the only time i actually realized he was playing.

Sounds harsh but his concussion probably comes at a good time as we need to work out an alternative to him, as no matter how many pressure acts he brings 1 possession from 2.5 quarters is not acceptable, and never has been acceptable unless you were a full back on peak Tony Lockett and kept him to 0.0 for the game.

A mate said that Finlayson had multiple surgeries in the post season and basically hasn’t trained.

Anyone got any intel on this?
Then why play him if he's still recovering???
Oh wait. I forgot about Ken's mantra.

Give him some easy SANFL games to ease himself back into form and fitness first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back