EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll ask. Why the f#%k did the captain of the 2’s get married the weekend of there first game in premier division.
6-7 months between footy seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It is a very ‘captain of the 2s’ move if you ask me 😂😂

APW made the news ...

Goulburn Valley: Former Mooroopna forward Chris Nield suspended for not speaking to salary cap investigators​

AFL Goulburn-Murray has made a big call on a former star player who is not co-operating with salary cap investigators.
David Johnston

2 min read
April 16, 2024 - 2:22PM
The Weekly Times

Former Goulburn Valley league star Chris Nield has been suspended for failing to co-operate with AFL Victoria salary cap investigators.
The dual Mooroopna best and fairest winner was banned for four matches from playing in any AFL-affiliated competition nationally.
He has played for Mooroopna for the past three seasons and topped the GV goalkicking with 82 goals in 2022 and represented the league against Ovens and Murray the last two seasons.
Under the landmark suspension handed down by AFL Goulburn-Murray’s player payments disciplinary committee last week, Nield cannot play for his new club, Airport West, in the Essendon District league.
But he has played two matches for Berrigan this season in the Picola District league that is not affiliated with the AFL.
League operations manager Shane Railton said Nield wouldn’t be able to play again while he was suspended.
“We’re trying to run a competition that is seen to have a lot of integrity so we can’t be seen to be allowing a player under suspension to play for one of our teams,” he said.
Former Mooroopna player Chris Nield, who previously played for Clarence in Tasmania. Picture: Nikki Davis-Jones

Former Mooroopna player Chris Nield, who previously played for Clarence in Tasmania. Picture: Nikki Davis-Jones
Nield played his two matches for Berrigan were before last week’s suspension was handed down.
AFL Victoria rules state: “Upon a request by the integrity officer and within seven days of that request, a player shall provide to the integrity officer such information or details concerning or relating to any payments promised, given or provided to, or applied for the benefit of the player or any associate of the player, by the club or any associate of the club.”

AFL Victoria chief executive Greg Madigan said the suspension highlighted the salary cap was working in country football.
“The process and outcome on this occasion is one example of the system working to assist clubs in being sustainable by addressing the issue of player payment demands whilst seeking to achieve evenly matched competitions with financially viable and sustainable clubs,” he said.
“Football bodies are serious about addressing the burden of player payments and ensuring compliance.

“The integrity of competitions is of paramount importance at all levels of the game and all stakeholders, including leagues, clubs and players, have a responsibility to adhere to the rules put in place.
“AFL Victoria has also committed to putting more resources and support towards the administration of the (salary cap) at the club level, which includes a pool of accredited investigation officers and more training delivered by the regional manager and club development leads which are in place across the state.”
Mooroopna made finals last year, but exited the premiership race in the first week.

APW made the news ...

Goulburn Valley: Former Mooroopna forward Chris Nield suspended for not speaking to salary cap investigators​

AFL Goulburn-Murray has made a big call on a former star player who is not co-operating with salary cap investigators.
David Johnston

2 min read
April 16, 2024 - 2:22PM
The Weekly Times

Former Goulburn Valley league star Chris Nield has been suspended for failing to co-operate with AFL Victoria salary cap investigators.
The dual Mooroopna best and fairest winner was banned for four matches from playing in any AFL-affiliated competition nationally.
He has played for Mooroopna for the past three seasons and topped the GV goalkicking with 82 goals in 2022 and represented the league against Ovens and Murray the last two seasons.
Under the landmark suspension handed down by AFL Goulburn-Murray’s player payments disciplinary committee last week, Nield cannot play for his new club, Airport West, in the Essendon District league.
But he has played two matches for Berrigan this season in the Picola District league that is not affiliated with the AFL.
League operations manager Shane Railton said Nield wouldn’t be able to play again while he was suspended.
“We’re trying to run a competition that is seen to have a lot of integrity so we can’t be seen to be allowing a player under suspension to play for one of our teams,” he said.

Nield played his two matches for Berrigan were before last week’s suspension was handed down.
AFL Victoria rules state: “Upon a request by the integrity officer and within seven days of that request, a player shall provide to the integrity officer such information or details concerning or relating to any payments promised, given or provided to, or applied for the benefit of the player or any associate of the player, by the club or any associate of the club.”

AFL Victoria chief executive Greg Madigan said the suspension highlighted the salary cap was working in country football.
“The process and outcome on this occasion is one example of the system working to assist clubs in being sustainable by addressing the issue of player payment demands whilst seeking to achieve evenly matched competitions with financially viable and sustainable clubs,” he said.
“Football bodies are serious about addressing the burden of player payments and ensuring compliance.

“The integrity of competitions is of paramount importance at all levels of the game and all stakeholders, including leagues, clubs and players, have a responsibility to adhere to the rules put in place.
“AFL Victoria has also committed to putting more resources and support towards the administration of the (salary cap) at the club level, which includes a pool of accredited investigation officers and more training delivered by the regional manager and club development leads which are in place across the state.”
Mooroopna made finals last year, but exited the premiership race in the first week.
I think you will find Chris only played 1 game for Berrigan on the Good Friday 👍

It’s been done to death, but restricting every club to a maximum 2 teams might be a solution. Alot of junior scores from the weekend were massive margins, it’s not great. Would have to be a VMFL/AFL Vic decision because we all know how the EDFL pander to the big 3!
Just don’t think you can restrict players to where they can play. However recruiting from other clubs should be restricted in some ways.

My last quarter game-day scenes from the RESERVES match between Deer Park and Keilor. Keep an eye out for a great mark by Keilor's number 36 at the 10:35 minute mark.

Hear Ben Ronke suffered a severe arm injury along with another player ACL, fact or rumour?

Any mores fans know when McKernan will be on the park ? And where’s Vavra gone ?
They would rather have mckernan back in the later half of the season towards finals. They don’t see Keilor for a few months so they’ll back themselves against anyone else. They also made the grand final without him last year so they haven’t lost anything with him not there.

As for Vavra, he’s coming off surgery and just trying to get fitness and manage him correctly so they get him for the whole season. Ash went bold vs EK, dropped a ruckman and played with a mobile forward in the ruck - his theory being that you’re going to lsoe the ruck contest vs Dennis anyway you might as well test him on the ground which pay dividends. Strathmore’s depth is a sight to behold - not as good as Mighty Mick and his Keilor though.

Old mate Pat is burned EK to the ground. Heard that over 100 juniors and their parents left the club in the preseason cause of him. Any truth? Betting he leaves mid way through the year when he realizes they are fighting for relegation
I’m not sure how people can support this man. He has his fingers around everything and anything in the EDFL. Not letting juniors go to other clubs cause he doesn’t like the president? GET F*****.

Calm down football whisperer, your blood pressure is rising. Anyhow, karma is bound to come around and EK in premier are currently like an elephant in a tree, you’re not sure how it got there (money) but you know they’ll fall. Money isn’t sustainable. As soon as there’s more money at another club then off the players go.

I heard this song on the radio going to work. Myliey Syrus singing I came in like a wreckingggg ball. That’s Abers going into the auction house.

Abers coming in like a wreckingggg balllll.

Round 2 predictions:
1. Avondale produce a masterclass two weeks in a row and they’ll down the Stars.
2. Abers by 50+ and sending EK going down down prices are down Coles Style.
3. If Daw plays, Deer Park will take home the four points. If he doesn’t, the Jets will fly in a shape of a massive W.
4. Keilor continue their reign at Joe Brown Oval and they’ll clip the wings of Airport West
5. This is the big one. I cannot wait. We will be there. This is mouthwatering. I’m getting excited and blood pressure is rising. At the ripe old age of 98, I can’t remember a match I was excited for. The two closest sides to Keilor and this could be used as a stepping stone. the griff can’t afford to go 1-2 while the Panthers need to find form leading into the Keilor game. This is a flip of the coin but, BUT, the mores will prevail by 7 points in a Essendon District Football League Classic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any news on Majak's no show for Deer Park on the weekend?

I'm assuming it was a points issue as they were already 46/46 at the weekend, without him and his brother!

Any news on Majak's no show for Deer Park on the weekend?

I'm assuming it was a points issue as they were already 46/46 at the weekend, without him and his brother!
It’s very much a grey area. It’s either you sacrifice dropping 2-4 pointers who have done the whole preseason or players who are under 21 and trying to play the young players for someone who arrived at the club a week before round 1.

They clearly didn’t get the team right round 1 so you could make an argument saying Daw MUST come in this week. I will be refreshing my web browser when the teams will be announced for sure.

It’s very much a grey area. It’s either you sacrifice dropping 2-4 pointers who have done the whole preseason or players who are under 21 and trying to play the young players for someone who arrived at the club a week before round 1.

They clearly didn’t get the team right round 1 so you could make an argument saying Daw MUST come in this week. I will be refreshing my web browser when the teams will be announced for sure.
Apparently word on the street is he took the sign on fee and pissed off. They Tried calling him and didn’t rock up to training or game day. Another rumour is that he is now signed at EK. I’m not sure how true this is, but I have heard from someone inside both DP and EK

Apparently word on the street is he took the sign on fee and pissed off. They Tried calling him and didn’t rock up to training or game day. Another rumour is that he is now signed at EK. I’m not sure how true this is, but I have heard from someone inside both DP and EK
Fit in well with EK . Coach wouldnt care would he? HAHA

If this is true he's really not painting a glowing resume for himself. Although it's already not great considering how he left things at Nth Heidelberg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back