Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 115 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 309 72.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mmmm left out the 2 goals part and that he was being tagged by Dunkley, and the massive padding he was wearing due severely broken ribs?

I reckon that might have effected him, just a bit... 🤡

So not only was his performance pathetic, he let his team down by playing when he shouldn’t have. Selfish

In all seriousness the stats don’t show the full picture for Nick - like that running 70m torpedo under pressure that generated a goal late in the 2nd on the weekend.. who even thinks of taking that kick let alone executing it beautifully?

He is remarkable only by average disposals as far as stats go. What I find remarkable about Nick is the uncanny ability to judge the contest, then be clean by hand to receive the footy and clean by foot to execute an effective kick. He is also very agile, generating space for himself without relying on brute force like Trac, Oliver, Cripps etc.

I don’t think he will be the GOAT but he’ll be really good - everything I say denigrating the kid is a joke so just relax, take a deep breath and enjoy watching him

Issue with the torp was if it was marked by an oppo player in any decent team that turnover would prob lead to a shot on goal down the other end. Bad spot to turn it over. But it worked out nicely.

It's similar when people downplay Dusty's prelim final against the Pies in 2018 where he didn't do much. Had absolutely nothing to do with a big corkie he got the previous match that meant he couldn't move...
If you're out there, you're fit

Injuries don't count!!

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Issue with the torp was if it was marked by an oppo player in any decent team that turnover would prob lead to a shot on goal down the other end. Bad spot to turn it over. But it worked out nicely.
Some of the extremely skilled modern day players have modern day torpedo's with guidance systems.

The ball landed exactly where young Nick wanted it to land.
If anything, I am a little disappointed in the Collingwood player dropping the mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid, Sheezel, Daicos, Ashcroft. What is there not to love about the quality of those guys. All of them assets to their team at such a young age.
Reid - Can win a tough ball
Sheezel - Can win a tough ball
Ashcroft - Can win a tough ball

Daicos - Runs away from contact and has had to be moved back to half back at times this season due to continuous squibbing and a lack of tackling ability

Just a shame Cripps can’t do it when it counts. Let’s look at the biggest games of their lives
Nick Daicos - Grand Final

Possessions - 29
Contested - 11
Score involvements - 8

Patrick Cripps - Preliminary Final

Possessions- 13
Contested - 5
Score Involvements - 6

Cripps goes missing when it counts. I suppose he is not alone. He has plenty of Carlton friends that do the same.
That's okay, if meet each other in the finals Walsh will cream you instead.

That's okay, if meet each other in the finals Walsh will cream you instead.

Yes, because he has stood up in Grand Finals, not just finals, Grand Finals. Unfortunately, throughout the rest of his career, we will never know.

Back