Review SHOWDOWN 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Hindsight says Rozee shouldn't have been captain but the footage of him looking genuinely sad that he's not out there sitting next to Hinkley who frankly didn't interact with him at all and dare I say looked disappointed at Rozee was telling.

He's a very young captain that's been thrown in to fix a weak culture and system. A manager supports their team members. What are you doing Ken?

Very premature to put this on Rozee's captaincy. It's been 7 weeks and only 4 weeks ago everyone was saying it's an astute decision.

Lets give him a full year behind the helm, he's still young and will continue to improve his leadership skills.

it’s clear that our whole system is broken. Either our players don’t understand their positions in our high press or they aren’t physically capable of playing it. We make scoring so difficult and make it so easy for the opposition. They literally need to win one contest on our half forward line and it results in a walk in goal. We have to win every contest to prevent it. Not good odds.

Feels like a season-ending performance. By all rights it should be a Hinkley-ending performance as well, alongside whoever signed off on playing Rozee.
Lol. The guy who sent Aliir's corpse back out in the last Showdown to Weekend at Bernie's his way to a 7 goal shellacking and a $100k fine is still at the club, you think anyone is getting sacked over Rozee's hamstring awareness?

This Rozee situation is fascinating.

Clearly the scans showed up fine and he was able to get through a fitness test, etc. That to me is all the medical staff need to do to declare him fit to play. From there it's up to him.

So he puts his hand up and doesn't last the full game. But is there actually an injury here? I know it's been mentioned before that some players can play through any niggle whilst others pull up stumps when they have even the slightest niggle - Fantasia being a classic example.

Whether people like it or not, Rozee is building a reputation as a mentally soft footballer. I'm not saying that this is definitely an example of that but I'm not ruling it out either.
IMO there was always a risk that with some actual real pressure and explosiveness required in game, that you can't test for, that he was going to struggle. The general rule with a hammy of add 1 week when you feel it might be ok was the basic decision that had to be made.

This Rozee situation is fascinating.

Clearly the scans showed up fine and he was able to get through a fitness test, etc. That to me is all the medical staff need to do to declare him fit to play. From there it's up to him.

So he puts his hand up and doesn't last the full game. But is there actually an injury here? I know it's been mentioned before that some players can play through any niggle whilst others pull up stumps when they have even the slightest niggle - Fantasia being a classic example.

Whether people like it or not, Rozee is building a reputation as a mentally soft footballer. I'm not saying that this is definitely an example of that but I'm not ruling it out either.

I think it’s just as likely he was asked to play through it just as we’ve asked other important players to do so for years in order to save daddy’s bacon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shameful , we need to get rid of half hearted players and the coach . Either play port way hard footy or go smi

The money I would spend on memberships per month I put on the opposition when port play a good team (or a showdown where they s**t themselves).

Made $480 last months with the Melbourne game & Follingwood and already up to the same on the second of May with Geelong to come next Friday.

The money I would spend on memberships per month I put on the opposition when port play a good team (or a showdown where they s**t themselves).

Made $480 last months with the Melbourne game & Follingwood and already up to the same on the second of May with Geelong to come next Friday.
You are the worst. Why even bother barracking for a team

it’s clear that our whole system is broken. Either our players don’t understand their positions in our high press or they aren’t physically capable of playing it. We make scoring so difficult and make it so easy for the opposition. They literally need to win one contest on our half forward line and it results in a walk in goal. We have to win every contest to prevent it. Not good odds.
Or just maybe its a completely garbage system that will only thrive when you beat up on scheisse teams.

Has anyone else lost interest in even watching port play anymore? like that spark or care factor is gone. watching us play this year has been depressing

I have watched Port live once in the last two season. That includes at the ground or on TV. I just don't care anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back