Preview Round 16, 2020: St.Kilda v Hawthorn - Metricon Stadium, Sunday 6th September, 1:05PM AEST *GEARY 200TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 40 70.2%
  • Hawks

Votes: 17 29.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to see Lonie back in as the forward structure hasn't looked right since he was omitted. I think it's important to take pressure off Butler as the only crumbing pocket and in turn that will bring Kent more opportunities as the oppo defense will have more to think about.

I don't really care if he's not kicking goals as long as his pressure is good and he's involved in some scoring chains.

Melbourne had a bog average forward line last week, outside of Petracca there was no-one to really worry about, I hope we're not feeling 'confident' after that game.
You're right, Mitch Brown was their key forward. We also dominated the midfield so defence weren't under a lot of pressure.

Personally I'm pretty miffed as to why Carlisle is out. But just not sure we missed him that much last week.

I'd prefer to see Battle get a decent go forward.

Confused with the Carlisle situation. Thought he was in career best form before the Cats game.
I know an ex- Afl footy player who was very frustrated with Carlisles last game he played. He wouldn’t have him atm.

Ratts was so huge on Hind's big game, was it against Sydney? I think Hindy has been getting games off that performance for about a month now, but getting progressively worse each week.

I'm a fan of Lonie, I know many aren't but I think he makes us stronger. He has had some very good games for us. He always brings pressure and he creates goals. Hope he grasps this chance and can stay in the side going into (hopefully) a finals campaign.

Might be time to try Hind elsewhere. We've tried to make it work for him as a forward but reality is now he's probably had more poor games than good. His pace is great, his kicking is great, but one of the issues with being a small forward is it can be very hard to find the ball. I know we've got a lot of half backs but that's his position, would be interested to see him there at some stage, but it won't be this season.

Surely he's back next game against West Coast and their talls.

Maybe we thought he didnt have a match up so no need to give them a 4 day break?
I reckon that's what we're doing in a sneaky way instead of saying managed. He didn't look to be moving as well as he was earlier

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlisle hurt his back during the week after the melb game & has pulled up stiff, but make no mistake he was absolutely filthy about being omitted for the Dees game & thinks one fellow defender is getting picked on name only and carried by the team.

I won’t name who - it’s an obvious guess, but you can take that to the bank.

Jake is very important to the teams development going forward & clearly a quality player, honestly sees big things for the club in the very near future - it’s a big mistake playing favourites with a good bloke team man over a player of his ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlisle hurt his back during the week after the melb game & has pulled up stiff, but make no mistake he was absolutely filthy about being omitted for the Dees game & thinks one fellow defender is getting picked on name only and carried by the team.

Jake is very important to the teams development going forward & clearly a quality player, honestly sees big things for the club in the very near future - it’s a big mistake playing favourites with a good bloke team man over a player of his ability.

There is only one defender in our team that would arguably go by name only than Carlisle and that would be the skipper.

Wasn't even in the side when Carlisle didn't play round one. Didn't play CHB last game either.

Maybe it's just not Ratten's plan to play him in that role.

Or maybe Ratts says we already have more than half a seasons worth of proof that battle is a gun at CHB, let's find out what else the kid's got while we have chb under control?

Meh, we're trying to win finals this year.
You get nowhere pampering or pandering to 'talent'.

Jake's had every opportunity to become captain material (or even just leadership group material) by this stage in his career, but has chosen a different path.

One of the consequences of which is being just like everybody else- which is great when you want to avoid the extra work and responsibility of official leadership, but bad for job security.

I actually like the prospect of jake having a fire lit under his ass in the run up to a finals campaign, I'd like to see him running around for us like he has a point to prove to the world.

I think most would totally agree with Carlisle's thoughts. I don't think he'll have to worry about it next season.

Jake Carlisle is a vital cog in our back line , he has performed this year and deserves a contract next year.
2m tall intercept marker's are hard to find and we do not have a replacement or anyone near as good as him atm.
Some guy on the internet saying he is on the trade table is just the normal crap.
Teams like Magpies , Swans , Crows , Roos , Cats would love to get a keyback who has a good couple years left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back