Changes for Round 10 Freo V Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

4 key players for us and their possessions:

1. Mundy = 16
2. Hill = 11
3. Mzungu = 9
4. Pearce = 8

To put that into perspective Chrichton got 10 and JVB (only played 1.5 quarters) got 7.

I'm betting that Mzungu and Pearce were on Rosa and Gaff? Perhaps, I couldn't f**king tell because every time Rosa or Gaff got the ball THERE WAS NO ONE NEAR THEM!

Ross, make a statement and drop Hill, Mzungu and Pearce.

Judging by Lyon's presser, wouldn't be suprised to see Silvagni dropped. He wasn't sold by the three tall defenders.

Having McPhee in there wouldn't have made a lick of difference in the second half. Silvagni was fine.

If anything, one of them should go forward.

Judging by Lyon's presser, wouldn't be suprised to see Silvagni dropped. He wasn't sold by the three tall defenders.

Surprised they didn't chuck him forward at some stage tbh, even Dawson is preferred up forward. Speaking of Dawson, been one of our most prominent goal kickers the last couple weeks, 2 from 2 :eek:

1. Mundy = 16
2. Hill = 11
3. Mzungu = 9
4. Pearce = 8

To put that into perspective Chrichton got 10 and JVB (only played 1.5 quarters) got 7.

I'm betting that Mzungu and Pearce were on Rosa and Gaff? Perhaps, I couldn't f**king tell because every time Rosa or Gaff got the ball THERE WAS NO ONE NEAR THEM!

This actually raises a good point. The accountability of every single midfielder was woeful. How someone like Rosa (decent player, but fairly vanilla) can accumulate 43 possessions is beyond me. Instead of dropping Duffield, at least one of the above (preferably Rosa's opponent) has to be given a run in the WAFL.

In Whoever wants to play
Out Michael Barlow (turned into a turnover king) Jesse Crichton (Not good at all) Jon Griffin (Just as bad) JVB (****) worst 3rd qtr seen this club play for a couple of years at least. Were not in a good position

I hope a reporter asked Lyon in the presser which Fremantle player was accountable for Rosa and Gaff.

If you ask me our plan B should be man-to-man football. If our players cannot play that then we've no hope.

From the presser he mentioned Mzungu and Pearce as batting above their weight and "carried the weight and ball but over the journey they need a bit of help".

They've just been worn down from carrying others.

I'm becoming more convinced on Walters. We need to add something to the forward line, and he's at least something different. If he can run out a game, then bring him in.

Lower has got to be a better option than JVB. Surely.

And throw in someone with speed for Griffen. We must have some kid running around the WAFL that's quick and gets a bit of it. We've got too many plodders.

Too early for Morabito. Needs at least 2 more full games at WAFL level.

OUT:
Van Berlo
Crichton
Griffin
Mzungu
Neale
Mayne

IN:
Lower
Crozier
Morabito (sub)
Sheridan
Suban
Walters

1. Mundy = 16
2. Hill = 11
3. Mzungu = 9
4. Pearce = 8

Thought it was Mundy and Hill...

Do we still have the Fyfe LTI upgrade available of did we use it for Spurr (thought he was for Michie?)....if so I'd be giving JWK a run. Afer watching him in the WAFL he absolutely hates getting beaten so I''d love to see him get a run. Guys like Duff/Ibbo seem to not care that much and that isn't good enough.....I want players that really hurt when they lose a contest...

Also maybe Mora as a sub, out JVB. And Grover for Dawson.....I miss Groves..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really want to see the 3 rucks experiment continue. If the delivery from the midfield becomes half decent then i reckon having griffin or sandilands at full forward would be great so they could take a strong mark or atleast tap it down to our small forwards like ballantyne(who really needs to go back to the forward line) and walters.

I'd like to see Crozier or Schloithe and Sheridan included this week, along with Lower, Spur and Walters.

Drop JVB, Crighton, Griffen and two others.

Surely Mundy is building into match fitness and "clicking" must be just around the corner.

State game so all wafl players rested i think?

In:
McPhee, Suban, Lower

Out:
Neale (rest GWS and GC are doing it for their young kids), Griffin (i would prefer to drop Clarke but i think they are trying to throw games into him which is fair enough given Sandi won't be around for ever), Crichton

Pearce (had a concussion rd 8 and shouldn't have played this week IMO - he will play better in rd10 but i'd prefer to see him as sub)

Our players do not have the confidence in each other to do the job - how many times were their 2 or 3 dockers going for the ball against 1 eagle - yet somehow it always came straight out to a free eagle???Happens every game
B: Greg Broughton, Zac Dawson, Adam mcPhee
HB:
Michael Johnson, Luke McPharlin, Paul Duffield
C:
Stephen Hill, Ryan Crowley, Tendai Mzungu
HF: Matthew de Boer, Matthew Pavlich, Christopher Mayne,
F: Hayden Ballantyne, Alex Silvagni, Zachary Clarke
Foll:
Aaron Sandilands, David Mundy, Nick Lower
I/C:
Jay van Berlo, Nick Suban, Michael Barlow

Sub: Clancee Pearce

Do we still have the Fyfe LTI upgrade available of did we use it for Spurr (thought he was for Michie?)....if so I'd be giving JWK a run. Afer watching him in the WAFL he absolutely hates getting beaten so I''d love to see him get a run. Guys like Duff/Ibbo seem to not care that much and that isn't good enough.....I want players that really hurt when they lose a contest...

Also maybe Mora as a sub, out JVB. And Grover for Dawson.....I miss Groves..

Forgot one.....Out Chrichton....In...McPhee

We have one spare LTI but that will run out soon if Fyfe's recovery is tracking correctly.

JWK still a work in progress, plus he's battling sore shins (shin splints I guess).

We have one spare LTI but that will run out soon if Fyfe's recovery is tracking correctly.

JWK still a work in progress, plus he's battling sore shins (shin splints I guess).

Menegola-he is skilled and ready. Not to mention fitter than all of our players as well as a scoring half forward flank. Exactly what we need and we have nothing to lose.

It has to be.

Fyfe won't be back for too long, plus pretty sure there is another rookie upgrade at round 12?.........didn't know about the shins (maybe after our bye then) and agree he probably isn't quite ready. But he stepped up to wafl league level very quickly and from what I've seen I think he can make the next step. Hill & Fyfe weren't ready either..........JWK has something and I think he will rise to the challenge.....IMO..

Menegola-he is skilled and ready. Not to mention fitter than all of our players as well as a scoring half forward flank. Exactly what we need and we have nothing to lose.

It has to be.

I agree. Him and Crozier should both come in. Will add a few dimensions to our forward half

Keep SNOS in, drop Dawson and replace with McPhee.

Sure SNOS mightn't know Lyon's defensive game plan like Dawson,but at least SNOS gives you rebound.SNOS will master Lyon's style,Dawson will never offer rebound.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/136985/default.aspx

In a frank post-match assessment following Fremantle's lowest score at home, Lyon acknowledged he had team balance issues to address and took responsibility for the side's method in Sunday's 48-point loss.

He said the decision to play an extra ruckman and tall defender had made the team "cumbersome", and said Fremantle had a lot of work to do this season before it could compete with the competition's best.

The coach indicated he would make tough selection decisions and "filter out" players who weren't willing to work at the standard required to improve.

"From here we'll push forward and try to expose our youth," Lyon said on Sunday night.

"Those players that want to be a part of the solution and work really hard we'll support, and try and filter out those that don't want to work to the standard that we need.

"As a coaching group we clearly need to improve as well … I take responsibility for the method with the coaching panel."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/136985/default.aspx

Well, coaches often talk big and then squib at the selection table. I wonder what Ross will do?

The article goes on to say that Sheridan and Crozier may come into consideration for next week.

Statement time, two weak, soft, insipid efforts should not be tolerated.

Outs: Duffield, Crichton, JVB, Pearce, Dawson (not needed down back and nowhere near good enough to play forward), Griff (too tall)

Ins: McPhee, Lower, Spurr, Walters, Menegola, Crozier

This adds toughness, running ability/fitness and creativity/goal kicking all of which were non existent today or last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back