Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw the movie "Sing Street" on a flight recently. Had not heard of it before and was a bit sceptical but was pleasantly surprised and thoroughly enjoyed it...8/10

Killing Reagan (2016) TV movie

Interesting tv movie based on the events of 1981. Tim Matheson playing Ronnie Reagan is excellent both in speech and mannerisms. Still couldn't get out of mind him playing a Democrat Vice President for 2 years in the West Wing, but he nailed the Republican President.

Not so Cynthia Nixon, she of Sex in the City fame as Nancy Reagan.

Was interesting to see who did what immediately after the President was shot and the chaos that followed. Thought they might have given VP Bush a plug for not claiming the Presidency but he was not in it all.

The shooting by Hinkley was ok but think some parts from the West Wing shooting of the President were better, but still, not bad.

Brings back the memories of those times.

The Wailing was awesome. It's like watching a car roll down the hill in flames descending to hell.

Perfect analogy! It really does just snowball into madness!

I'm going to check out the same director's 2008 film The Chaser next.

chaser.jpg

Perfect analogy! It really does just snowball into madness!

I'm going to check out the same director's 2008 film The Chaser next.

chaser.jpg

The Chaser is a great film probably one of my favorite Korean crime films. The directors other film The Yellow Sea was a bit of a miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Chaser is a great film probably one of my favorite Korean crime films. The directors other film The Yellow Sea was a bit of a miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched The Chaser this morning, excellent film!
The ending was so sad but the tension never relents throughout the film.

High Road to China- Tom Selleck film made in the style and wake of Indiana Jones. Lacks the same quality but just as fun. 7/10.

Interesting as Selleck was the main choice for Indiana Jones but couldn't get out of his Magnum contract to film, so Lucas defaulted back to Harrison Ford.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mortal Kombat Annihilation was on telly late the other night and I was afternoon shift so thought to myself, nothing better to be doing.

Used to outright hate it, awful film, no redeeming features, and drags the pretty good original film down with it which is incredibly disappointing as I love the first one.

Upon rewatch, it does have a particular "so bad it is good" feel in parts.

I'm still not giving it a rating, but yeah. If you want to laugh at (not with) something in between moments of passable fight choreography, it's ok.

Summer Hours (L'Heure d'été)

An elegant & poignant look at one's imprint left on the World and loved ones after passing.
A slow burn & relaxing family drama.
It has a very natural feel to it which i liked.

3.5/5

Creed -
I thought this was very well done, great style and performances.
The fights were always exhilirating to watch as well.

4/5

Lights Out.

Great little horror flick from James Wan. The first horror movie in ages that's actually had me feeling scared.

9/10

The Handmaiden: Korean film from the director of Oldboy. A bit too over the top for my tastes but entertaining. 6.5/10

Bethlehem (2013): Like a similar film that came out at the same time (Omar) it explores the murky relationships between informants, secret service officers, various factional forces and everyone in between. Like these realistic sort of films 8/10

The Girl on the Train - 6.5/10

I was dragged along to watch it with a few housemates, hadn't seen the trailer so did not know what to expect. I have high standards when it comes to crime thriller movies so I wasn't expecting for much seeing as I had never heard of the movie before but I thought it was a pretty decent movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back