Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Anthony Miles

Votes: 47 24.1%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 15 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Was ready to blow a head gasket by half time, but glad we got the points. At least Vlas is back, the big fella Solo is getting a game and dusty has earned another 3 votes.
Cotch for the 3 votes IMO

Dusty for 2 - he just looked so disinterested before half time to warrant 3

The only thing I have walking away from that game is wow stats can be misleading.
It'll be all about Dusty but * Cotchin was fantastic.
Easily BOG.

The knock on Miles was never his ability to get it.... it's what he can do when he doesn't have it. Nothing that happened today changed that. The question with Miles is can we afford to not have his ball winning ability, knowing he'll get exposed the other way a few times a game?

With Prestia doing run with roles or playing off half back, I think we can.

Forward setup is the thing that needs work imo. Obvious changes for mine would be Griff in for Soldo (when Griff is ready), Lennon in for Castagna (I think his VFL goals this year show that he can kick the agile snap goals Castagna does but will be better from the set shots) and Bolton to come in. Could see Bolton, Rioli and Butler all in the team....

I don't think Castagna is anywhere near getting dropped. Another two goals today. 100% needs to fix his set shots though. He creates the most opportunities of the small forwards and its' not a coincidence. Knows where to move.

Got a text from a mate telling me Dusty will get 1-2 weeks from a punch? At the game so didn't see it, can anyone fill me in? Not seeing much discussion of it here so guessing there's not much in it.

Didn't see him punch anyone. He scraped Robertson in the eye.... a few moments after Robertson had kicked/kneed him in the leg. Nothing in it. Was accidental that he got him in the eye.

I don't think Castagna is anywhere near getting dropped. Another two goals today. 100% needs to fix his set shots though. He creates the most opportunities of the small forwards and its' not a coincidence. Knows where to move.

I agree he gets to the right spots but bad finishing is bad football. We simply can't have blokes kicking into the mark from 20 metres out. Give Lennon a shot. Let Castagna crumb rather than lead.

The win we had to have after last weeks debacle.
Is it any coincidence we finally play a second ruck and we jag over 100 points again? When was the last time we kicked a score over 100?
Overall a great weekend for the club. Ressies get players back and we win by 100 and seniors bounce back setting up a monster game next week. We get Houli back soon as well. Good signs.

Sent from my iPhone using Righteous Man Power.

The knock on Miles was never his ability to get it.... it's what he can do when he doesn't have it. Nothing that happened today changed that.

What crap.

He was good defensively all day with some great tackling that stopped clearance wins and if he has the ball they don't.

Cotch with a nice Captain's reply and really enjoyed having Flossy back in the side; we just look slightly more solid with another experienced player.

I thought Brisbane were good at times, but unfortunately we were still incredibly wasteful in front of goal and overused the footy.

Good to win. Should have won by more but 4 points is 4 points.

I'd drop George for Bolton. The blokes kicking is atrocious and it costs us goals each week. Our skills are literally the worst in the comp. short, Edwards, grigg, caddy and lambert are butchers. Especially kicking at goal.
Soldo battled hard. Was good to win the hitouts but I reckon the griff after 1 more week in the vfl will take that spot. Structure looks better with the second tall.
Broad was impressive. Miles stays in. Vlastuin such a welcome addition.
Defense had an off day but they've been the best part of our year!
Dusty and Cotchin were fantastic. Important caddy and Prestia back them up against GWS.
Bottom tier of mcintosh, Edwards, short, lambert and the smalls will be the difference next week. Can't carry them against GWS. Big opportunity though. Knock them off and top 4 is still up for grabs. Hopefully we get revenge!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a text from a mate telling me Dusty will get 1-2 weeks from a punch? At the game so didn't see it, can anyone fill me in? Not seeing much discussion of it here so guessing there's not much in it.
Channel 7 cut into their broadcast of the dogs blues game highlighting the contact to Robinsons head ,nothing in it but the circus has started .Lets hang Dusty

He is generally very very good by foot... was horrific today.
I wouldn't say he's that good, he still has too many clangers for mine, but yes generally he is good by foot. The point being is he can be that level you discussed, if he can get rid of those clangers, especially being in the backline where lets face it, he cant defend to save himself. That means he needs to be the best by foot to stay in the side.

We're looking like we're going to play finals this year after being widely tipped to be bottom 4, what's there to be angry about? We were average in the second quarter but clearly the better team, a 5 goal win is solid. we still have a few more players to come back in over the next few weeks and we're a good chance to knock off the Giants at the G, who haven't been setting the world on fire in recent weeks.

So many miserable campaigners in life and as tiger supporters. We're 5th on the ladder. Two games off top. Won more than last season already. Still people are upset.
Go out and get some sunshine people seriously. It'll do you good.

Sent from my iPhone using Righteous Man Power.

Haven't looked at the stat sheet, but can't have Soldo. Just too slow by foot and mind.Hope Griff can play a full game in the 2's next week and push for selection soon.
The backline looked a little one paced today. All the leg speed was in the forward half. I think there's a place foe either Menadue or Markov to give that run and carry from back of centre. Missing Houli too, sets up most of our attacking moves from the back half.

The knock on Miles was never his ability to get it.... it's what he can do when he doesn't have it. Nothing that happened today changed that. The question with Miles is can we afford to not have his ball winning ability, knowing he'll get exposed the other way a few times a game?

With Prestia doing run with roles or playing off half back, I think we can.

Forward setup is the thing that needs work imo. Obvious changes for mine would be Griff in for Soldo (when Griff is ready), Lennon in for Castagna (I think his VFL goals this year show that he can kick the agile snap goals Castagna does but will be better from the set shots) and Bolton to come in. Could see Bolton, Rioli and Butler all in the team....

Prestias two way running this year has been woeful, his lack of efforts last week were highlighted multiple times. Just goes to show there are different rules and standards for different players.

Back