My son has been poorly treated: John Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

ShriekingShack

Senior List
Jun 9, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Jake Stringer's father has slammed the Western Bulldogs for the way they have treated his son, AFL champion Jake Stringer. He says that the club was wrong to say it's time to move on and that Jake was struggling. He says the Bulldogs have forgotten to treat Jake like a human being and that Jake needs a change.

I agree with John. It must be so hard for Jake to lose that stability and be told he was no longer wanted. I believe this played a role in his family life falling apart too, as by the sounds of it Jake has mental health problems now. The poor bloke's partner with kids also a

What do you think? Do you feel sorry for Jake? Are the Bulldogs right?

Article here: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-trades-day-eight-live-20171015-gz1hna.html

Jake wasn't told his no longer wanted

Jake decided to root a 17 year old while his wife was at home pregnant with another child

Jake decided to gamble

Jake allowed his father to cry to the media to play the victim card

Dogs & players have said Jake is allowed to come back

Connors pulling out the mental health card all of a sudden to try and get a trade done

I agree with John. It must be so hard for Jake to lose that stability and be told he was no longer wanted. I believe this played a role in his family life falling apart too, as by the sounds of it Jake has mental health problems now. The poor bloke's partner with kids also a

Just to clarify, Stringer being told by the club that a trade would be looked at in September of 2017 played a role in his family life falling apart which occurred in mid 2016 when his partner left him?

"My son has been treated so poorly! He has to move employers within the same city so he can continue to earn $500k+ per year!"

cute-crying-baby-e1444723335206-519x400.jpg

Maybe he shouldn’t have had sex with a 17 year old.

Legal age and (some dumb) women throw themselves at professional sportsman for the ego and "illusion" that they are better humans.

Can't blame him if it happens 20 times a week that he would slip. Same as musicians, do you think Mick Jagger was faithful to Jerry Hall when they went on tour?

Stringer made his own problems. But this idea that what he did was so bad that he should be shunned by the AFL community is an absurd level of puritanical moralism.

he's not being shunned, he's being judged on his behaviour by members of the community.

He's still employed and other employers are chasing him.

Legal age and (some dumb) women throw themselves at professional sportsman for the ego and "illusion" that they are better humans.

Can't blame him if it happens 20 times a week that he would slip. Same as musicians, do you think Mick Jagger was faithful to Jerry Hall when they went on tour?

"Jake, you cheated on me whilst I was pregnant with a high school girl who sent me pictures"

"Yeah but Mick Jagger"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HAHAHAHAHA Classic!!!!!!!

The good thing is that when he overcomes this terrible situation and plays next year, commentators will be able to point out he’s #sobrave
Pathetic hey? I hate the modern day commentators. I now turn the volume down and listen to the ABC call.

"Jake, you cheated on me whilst I was pregnant with a high school girl who sent me pictures"

"Yeah but Mick Jagger"

Mick Jagger would keep his outside shags discreet. Jake would show in teammates, Jason Johanneson in particular, who would then feed on the information to Mrs Stringer.

Think about it. The muso's are only 5, and would have a 'code of conduct" which means shags on the road are kept quiet.

Mick Jagger would keep his outside shags discreet. Jake would show in teammates, Jason Johanneson in particular, who would then feed on the information to Mrs Stringer.

Think about it. The muso's are only 5, and would have a 'code of conduct" which means shags on the road are kept quiet.

I love this place

As a dogs member, Im heartily sick of the discussion and just want it finalised.
I dont even care if he goes for nothing.
The whole situation has been handled badly by all parties.
Is it only me or should a 23yo need to have their parents speak up?
He is an adult after all.

he's not being shunned, he's being judged on his behaviour by members of the community.

He's still employed and other employers are chasing him.
There is an attitude on Bigfooty and elsewhere that any club that takes him is mad - the corollary being that no club should take him. Few clubs think that, but it is interesting that the average footy punter thinks he should be denied a career.

The difference between Stringer and any random player on an AFL list is that Stringer's dirty laundry is public knowledge.

"My son has been treated so poorly! He has to move employers within the same city so he can continue to earn $500k+ per year!"

cute-crying-baby-e1444723335206-519x400.jpg

That is a picture of you being a crybaby because you wouldn't do anything worth be paid $500,000+ a year in your lifetime.

Jealousy is such a curse!

There is an attitude on Bigfooty and elsewhere that any club that takes him is mad - the corollary being that no club should take him. Few clubs think that, but it is interesting that the average footy punter thinks he should be denied a career.

The difference between Stringer and any random player on an AFL list is that Stringer's dirty laundry is public knowledge.

I suspect the public knowledge stuff is but a fraction of what actually went on. Especially the issues with his teammates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back