The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

images
you even went to the effort of finding an actual draft pic :rainbow:

Please don't judge me

aba801876bb0b6442f30b605b56d780c.jpg
Drinks VB in his AU. This photo is so stereotypically Stray’an.

VB is a bit overbearing, but a hard earned thirst does deserve a big cold beer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brewed my first batch at Billabong Brewery for a while.

A hoppy pale ale, came out at 6.9%. And is delicious.

Equivalent to $34 a carton - a bargain really if you have the time for enjoyable brewing and then bottling two weeks later. That's the price for their most expensive brews. They have beer on tap you can drink for in between the brewing steps.

Brewed my first batch at Billabong Brewery for a while.

A hoppy pale ale, came out at 6.9%. And is delicious.

Equivalent to $34 a carton - a bargain really if you have the time for enjoyable brewing and then bottling two weeks later. That's the price for their most expensive brews. They have beer on tap you can drink for in between the brewing steps.

Did you try their NEIPA? It's pretty decent. Also 7% pale is huge. Did you go in bigger on the late hop additions to balance that?

Did you try their NEIPA? It's pretty decent. Also 7% pale is huge. Did you go in bigger on the late hop additions to balance that?

It's the only one I've brewed in ages. I know very little about brewing. We just picked one, it was a replication of some apparently good and expensive pale, I can't remember the name, and did what the recipe said. Was supposed to come out at 7.1% but ended up being 6.9%. To my untrained palate it tastes awesome.

I also tried whatever pale they had on tap, I thought that was pretty nice. The pilsener they had on tap was disgusting.

I guess a good lesson if you want your beer independent is to stop the fanboying over particular breweries like PL.

Modus Operandi will be next

Remove this Banner Ad

Back