Universal Love TRTT Part 7: Swimming & T*ts Variety Bash

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever wiped ya ass with tissues when you run out of toilet paper it's not pleasant

I would say it's perfectly pleasant until the moment that the ****ers don't flush first time.

Seriously people, getting angry about tissues?

FFS, there's other issues on this planet that matter more, but let's all waste our time with more clickbait and pointless debates

Other issues like boring American poor man's cricket?

Seriously people, getting angry about tissues?

FFS, there's other issues on this planet that matter more, but let's all waste our time with more clickbait and pointless debates

that's the point i was trying to get at with the manufactured outrage crap

most of the time it's either made up or one nutjob getting offended by something. then it's a bit of a boy who cried wolf situation that happens when it's something actually more serious.

If you were going to apply for a home loan within the next year and were currently unemployed, would you take a $75-80k permanent position or a $100k 12 month contract?

If you were going to apply for a home loan within the next year and were currently unemployed, would you take a $75-80k permanent position or a $100k 12 month contract?
Probably the permanent position, you'd need to prove to the bank that you have a stable level of income

Probably the permanent position, you'd need to prove to the bank that you have a stable level of income

There is that of course, but on the other hand there’s also backing yourself in to perform at a higher level and possibly justify permanent employment at the higher rate.

Banks generally don't care about permanency in my experience. They care about employment history. I.e if you have been on one year contracts for three years at the same employer they would consider that the same as permanent.

Stability is nice but it's also demotivating. Depends on the type of person you are.

i'd take whichever position i thought i'd enjoy more and be more fulfilling

you spent of a shitload of your life at work, if it sucks ass it's pretty awful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'd take whichever position i thought i'd enjoy more and be more fulfilling

you spent of a shitload of your life at work, if it sucks ass it's pretty awful

Very good point.

However if there is no difference in the happiness factor then perhaps be prudent as we are on the precipice of financial conservatism globally and banks will be tightening up very soon and interest rates will be rising.

So you might want to be conservative now too and then you can take more risks when you have some equity in your home and your little man is bigger and both are working and financially sound again.

However if there is no difference in the happiness factor then perhaps be prudent as we are on the precipice of financial conservatism globally and banks will be tightening up very soon and interest rates will be rising.

So you might want to be conservative now too and then you can take more risks when you have some equity in your home and your little man is bigger and both are working and financially sound again.

We’re lucky enough that we’ll be up around 40-50% deposit for the type of place we’re likely to buy, which should be a great help in any case.

also consider the psychological toll if you take the 12 month contract as you get toward month 10 or so... no matter what assurances you get, you'll starting getting nervous with a month or two to go if you have nothing else in the pipeline

An excellent referee or two is worth plenty though. But yes, still a lot of risk involved.

also consider the psychological toll if you take the 12 month contract as you get toward month 10 or so... no matter what assurances you get, you'll starting getting nervous with a month or two to go if you have nothing else in the pipeline
so true. I am currently working with a few staff members who are 9 weeks away from unemployment and no guarantees of further employment and they are not coping. The uncertainty is actually affecting their current performance.

doing the Bethany marathon tomorrow
definitely under prepared due to illness and a hamstring injury during training

Strangely nervous 12 hours out

100k 12 month

you don't "need" permanent work to get a bank loan, just good credit history

it's like those "mens" moisturisers they sell and they have to give it a tuff name like bulldog or something. it's the same s**t that's in womens moisturiser you pansies
I use the L'Oréal stuff that stops micro-aggressions or some s**t but my wife tells me it's the same stuff that's in her silken unicorn tears moisturiser.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back