Game Day Practice Match Carlton v Hawthorn - February 21st 4.00PM @ Princes Park

Remove this Banner Ad

2 weeks was definitely mentioned. Might have been "2 weeks til he's back on the track" for light duties and running?

👍 I’m not losing it or checking in for a month of sobriety just yet.

Mid-Jan too, been involved with his running in pics but hand still covered. It was not supposed to interrupt his training much, so hopefully resuming all ball work shortly.

Goddard a chance then or will they use Kerr in the back line?

If you’re going to bring someone in to the club as a defender, give them an opportunity to show what they can bring to the table. Goddard should be given the chance.
Kerr is a forward and should be played there. I’m hoping it’s development only for him and Levi in the pre-season in the backline.

Goddard a chance then or will they use Kerr in the back line?
I'd pick Goddard ahead of Kerr. I'd also let Weiters have a go being the big dog at FB. Maybe they can alternate during the game, perhaps a better combo is Weiters CHB & Goddard FB.

As for mids (& mids playing forward) I'd probably look at starting

FOL: Lobbe, Kennedy, Dow
C: Walsh, SPS, O'Brien

Then across hff/small fwd/bench have Setterfield, Cuningham, Polson, Gibbons, Garlett, Stocker, Cottrell.

Maybe just give Murph, Ed, Simmo & Thomas a little cameo or not even not play them at all.

Anyone seen the numbers that can played for this game? 8 on the bench with half-time switch of 8...?

Though Bolt’s has in the past liked to run players in over the pre-season, does this change with AR’s guidance?

I'd pick Goddard ahead of Kerr. I'd also let Weiters have a go being the big dog at FB. Maybe they can alternate during the game, perhaps a better combo is Weiters CHB & Goddard FB.

As for mids (& mids playing forward) I'd probably look at starting

FOL: Lobbe, Kennedy, Dow
C: Walsh, SPS, O'Brien

Then across hff/small fwd/bench have Setterfield, Cuningham, Polson, Gibbons, Garlett, Stocker, Cottrell.

Maybe just give Murph, Ed, Simmo & Thomas a little cameo or not even not play them at all.

They are training well but I'd be surprised if Setterfield & Stocker play just yet.

Anyone seen the numbers that can played for this game? 8 on the bench with half-time switch of 8...?

Though Bolt’s has in the past liked to run players in over the pre-season, does this change with AR’s guidance?
This will be interesting. Balancing the "they must endure" against having a look at a number of contenders for a number of positions.

We have a couple of Intra Clubs scheduled and are doing a lot of match sims. We are now in game phase and it's mostly what we will do until Rd One. Everyone will get their chance

^^won’t see Crippa or Fisher out on the park due to AFLX.
Looks like Schumacher is slightly off on his training (exercises off with Pickett in QLD) & SV alluded to a different program, though would like to see some opportunity his way if deserving (as he was getting close late last year but never really mentioned by BB as such).

Hoping that Setterfield may be right for a run but no hurry if the timing’s not there just yet.

Hoping to hear of solid or improving performances from; JSOS, Dow, LOB, SPS, Kennedy, McKay, TDK, Stocker, Walsh, Plowman, Garlett, Weiters, Newman, DC, Polson, CC, Phillips, Kerr, Gibbons, Setters, Goddard and hopefully Cottrell (even Lebois, BSOS or Finbar if they’re ready).
B: Plowman Goddard Newman
HB: Garlett Weitering Cottrell
R: Phillips Kennedy Gibbons
C: Walsh Setterfield LOB
HF: SPS Charlie DC
F: JSOS McKay Polson
I: TDK, Dow, Stocker, Kerr & whoever else wants a run

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newman Weitering Plowman
Garlett Goddard Schumacher

Phillips Kennedy Fisher
SPS Dow O'Brien

Polson CCurnow Cuningham
Gibbons McKay Kerr

Stocker Walsh Thomas JSilvagni and...and ...

Want to see first up; Walsh, Newman, Gibbons & Stocker.
No issue of Goddard, Kerr, Garlett or Schumacher get involved, either.

Don't care to see; Cripps Kreuzer McGovern ECurnow Setterfield Marchbank Murphy Williamson & Jones for mostly obvious reasons.

What sort of crowd can we expect? 5K too many?
AFLX is on the next day, so no Fisher and Cripps.

B: Plowman Goddard J. Silvagni
HB: Garlett Weitering Newman
C: Cunningham Kennedy OBrien
HF: Gibbons Kerr Setterfield
F: Polsen DeKoning Lebois
R: Phillips SPS Dow
IC: Casboult Cottrell Schumacher Stocker

Excellent. Looking forward to this. Might get there around 8am to get a good seat ;)

Interesting Williamson not listed in rehab group and Macreadie listed but not reason?

Blues co-captain Sam Docherty is out for the year with an ACL reconstruction, with Harrison Macreadie, Caleb Marchbank (back), Darcy Lang (foot) , Jarrod Pickett (knee), and Alex Fasolo (wrist) in the rehab group.

They might give guys like Setterfied Stocker a quarter or max half a game. Practice match I think there will be players all over the place lots of rotations.

Probably play 26 players if not more

Last edited:
Simpson Weitering Plowman
Newman Casboult Garlett

Phillips Kennedy Dow
Walsh Setterfield O'Brien

Gibbons CCurnow SPS
Polson McKay McGovern

Cuningham JSilvagni Stocker Schumacher

I'd be happy with that as a start point.

Robust.

I'd prefer we gave Goddard the opportunity over Casboult. Can't help but feel we're wasting valuable time and resources with that experiment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back