Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully more articles about us working other sides out rather than sides working us out.
A game style where every opponent, no more how poor, knows they are a chance so they mark us as one of the games you go all in on tended to do that. Sides (that aren’t tanking) will always try, but you can’t go all in every week like it’s a final.

If we continue to show we don’t have a game plan suspectible to being Freo’d or Carl-tanked we won’t get bodies beaten pillar to post every week.

It was an under appreciated part of how we died in the arse end of seasons the last few years, that we copped finals intensity most weeks, as the s**t sides circled their games against us as ‘winnable’ no matter respective ladder positions.

Poor old Saints. Their one point win over Gold Coast gets rubbed with their sitting outside of the eight and immediately above the team they beat. I mean it's not rocket science that this is so, it just looks amusing.

click on thumbnail image to see AFL ladder

View attachment 641226
Please, please, please can those Carlton and Adelaide ladder positions remain at years end.

The tears would be delicious!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Saints supporter:
1553427948948.png
Alan Richardson:
giphy.gif

J Polec 1 tackle
J Pittard 1 tackle

C Rozee 5 tackles
W Drew 5 tackles
X Duursma 2 tackles
Z Butters 3 tackles

all the kids yesterday still have more tackles than both combined. (Duursma tied)
they won't be missed.

If only you knew about Wingard ...

North and Saints should pack it in, new team from Tassie

If GremioPower ran the AFL, the league would:
a) put the "North Football Club" in Hobart;
b) relocate the Dogs to Darwin (the "NT Footscray Football Club");
c) merge St. Kilda and Gold Coast (the "Kilda-Gold Saints");
d) rename the Lions as the "Fitzroy Football Club of Brisbane;" and
e) bring West Perth in as the 18th club.

GremioPower will never run the AFL...

----
P.S.: So, out of 12 original VFL clubs, 5 would have been relocated:
I. South Melbourne FC - to Sydney (Sydney FC);
II. Fitzroy FC - to Brisbane;
III. North Melbourne FC - to Hobart (North FC or North Kangaroos FC);
IV. St. Kilda FC - to Gold Coast (St. Kilda-Gold Coast FC);

V. Western Bulldogs - to Darwin (NT Footscray FC).

Original identities should be preserved as much as possible, and I wouldn't rule out them regularly hosting some games in Melbourne - specially in their actual home grounds.

I would also consider having their reserve teams playing in the VFL (which would be the first step towards the AFL Reserves league).

Last edited:
If GremioPower ran the AFL, the league would:
a) put the "North Football Club" in Hobart;
b) relocate the Dogs to Darwin (the "NT Footscray Football Club");
c) merge St. Kilda and Gold Coast (the "Kilda-Gold Saints");
d) rename the Lions as the "Fitzroy Football Club of Brisbane;" and
e) bring West Perth in as the 18th club.

GremioPower will never run the AFL...
a) yes (but name probably needs to be Tasmania given the north-south polarity in that state)
b) sensible move, but will never happen (especially that name)
c) sensible move, name too weird
d) no
e) maybe

yes, but maybe you should!

Brett was alright, still remember him slotting that important shot in Tassy!

Brad would kill the have Brett’s consistent overhead marking, not to mention it would make Brad a gun!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The NT doesn't have the right climate for footy...a bit like China.
The NTFL and or is it AFLNT these days and CAFL and all their teams say otherwise.

I'm glad they're all acclimatized.
What's there to acclimatize in Alice? A Darwin side will probably play 8 and 3 games at the 2 venues. Most Darwin games will be night after April, but day games in March and April wouldn't be that different heat wise, to those down south, east or west.

Brad would kill the have Brett’s consistent overhead marking, not to mention it would make Brad a gun!

Brad has extremely strong hands over head. As good as any player of his size. But he’s a different sort of athlete to Brett and only lacks Brett’s vertical leap at the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back