List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

What will happen with Cameron?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So what’s in play there?

1. If they were not willing to budge on $ do they have the cap to match?

2. Even if they have the cap to match, they would need to be confident they’ll do better than compo which will be what? Is it pick 9?

That’s correct. On first glance you’d think they aren’t in a position to match. Wells being Wells though you wouldn’t be surprised to see him offer our pick 11 plus ? as he did with Dangerfield.

Already finding it increasingly difficult to balance the laptop thinking about Hawkins hitting Cameron up on the lead inside forward 50 next season and vice versa. :D
I thought I was the only one whose knees have shaking since the news came out :think:

That’s correct. On first glance you’d think they aren’t in a position to match. Wells being Wells though you wouldn’t be surprised to see him offer our pick 11 plus ? as he did with Dangerfield.
I assume if they (can) match we will need to part with two of our three firsts.

Great news.

Now, how many first round picks will we have to fork out?

None. They were giving him a pay cut. They will only force a trade if pick 10 isn't triggered but it should be.

Doubt we’d agree to that. I reckon it could be 11 plus a player. F knows who though. Any ideas?
No clue. We don’t have a player with enough currency I don’t think.

Anyone else reckon GWS have announced this today to try to destabilise our GF prep a bit? Can’t see any other reason why they would put this out there today.
Don't see how it would destabilise our prep - admin, coaches and players would all be buoyed by the news, surely.
And it's probably not news to any of them in any case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

> Grand Final in 2020
> Add three first round picks
> Add Jeremy Cameron

Don't get me wrong im so bloody happy but I wish he could of waited till after the Grand Final to announce it...

Make I have a ******* spring in my step. Imagine how the players feel.

Plus they would have already known.

If it's top band, they'd get pick 10 after their pick 9 (traded on or not, doesn't matter). Our top pick is 11 (would be 12 if they got pick 10). Both of those would be before academy picks slide them down.

So I guess what GWS needs to ask themselves is whether they'd get more out of us than pick 10, and if it's worth the hassle. Also, I assume they'd have to be able to pay the contract if they matched, our offer may put them out of that ability to match.

Who knows really, I'd expect them to match, but not play hardball like an essendon or adelaide would.

correct me if I’m forgetting someone but Hawthorn never got someone the likes of Cameron in FA or Trade
They got Brian Lake, considered the best FB at the time. They got Frawley from Melb. They got Omeara. They got Burgoyne

They got Brian Lake, the best FB at the time. They got Frawley from Melb. They got Omeara.

Big boy McEvoy?

If they can't match the contract terms, they won't match at all. Seriously think they could just put O'Halloran on the side - as I've suggested - and we give up 17/18 as well as their compo pick 10.

Who ******* cares though!! Even if Wells is feeling generous, would any of us here seriously not trade for 11 and 13 for Cameron? The answer is no. Whatever happens from here, we win - just depends how big a win it is

Anyone else reckon GWS have announced this today to try to destabilise our GF prep a bit? Can’t see any other reason why they would put this out there today.
Doesnt destabilise a thing. It gives us a boost and lets our opposition know - we'll back again next year even better.

They've helped us if anything. Pretty sure they'd want to see Richmond lose. The enemy of my enemy etc.

Back