No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is the right place for this but here goes.

Do you know that Sherrin is not Australian. Sherin is now owned by Spalding, an American company. Faulkner and Burley are both Australian. . Unlike Faulkner and Burley, who are owned by Sekhem who are also Australian. Spalding have not innovated since they took over Sherrin.

Unlike the Sherrin company who spent a lot of money on research and development to achieve a better product Spalding will not spend unless the AFL is willing to develop a synthetic ball. This has already been tried by Burley and was an absolute disaster. The standard of the Sherrin was always slightly lower than either the Faulkner or the Burley because both of those companies contued to develop new tech.

For instance the treatment of the leather to waterproof it is done by both companies. Not by Spalding. The night ball used today was first developed by Burley. The yellow ball I mean. Up until then they used the Sherrinwhite footy, which incidentally was first developed by Faulkner. I wonder why the AFL refuses to use an Australian ball? It uses a ball manufactured by the YANKS!!! How Un-Australian.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wonder why the AFL refuses to use an Australian ball? It uses a ball manufactured by the YANKS!!! How Un-Australian.

Actually that's the most Australian thing I've heard. We're basically a US state anyway.

I don't know if this is the right place for this but here goes.

Do you know that Sherrin is not Australian. Sherin is now owned by Spalding, an American company. Faulkner and Burley are both Australian. . Unlike Faulkner and Burley, who are owned by Sekhem who are also Australian. Spalding have not innovated since they took over Sherrin.

Unlike the Sherrin company who spent a lot of money on research and development to achieve a better product Spalding will not spend unless the AFL is willing to develop a synthetic ball. This has already been tried by Burley and was an absolute disaster. The standard of the Sherrin was always slightly lower than either the Faulkner or the Burley because both of those companies contued to develop new tech.

For instance the treatment of the leather to waterproof it is done by both companies. Not by Spalding. The night ball used today was first developed by Burley. The yellow ball I mean. Up until then they used the Sherrinwhite footy, which incidentally was first developed by Faulkner. I wonder why the AFL refuses to use an Australian ball? It uses a ball manufactured by the YANKS!!! How Un-Australian.

Between 1990 and 2010 when I played senior football Sherrin was always the superior product. So much so that players wouldn't play in the league I played in the couple of years they went to Ross Faulkner.

On the Dusty thing. Phil Rothchild does an interview with Dusty's manager, Ralph Carr. Carr says Dusty likes NRL and loves Sydney. Suddenly, according to Rothchild, Dusty is heading to the Harbour City to the Swans. Maybe Phil was taking mind altering substances and had a vision? Maybe he's just a sensation seeker? Who knows?

But here is a dose of reality Phil.

1. Dusty's contract does not run out until the end of 2024. That will make him 33 by the end of 2024

2. Even if Dusty decided to break his contract with Richmond Swans would not be able to pay his contract out. What's more Tigers would never kwt him anyway.

3. At 33 any contract would be a risk no matter how good the player. Look at Lance.

4. Swans are developing a young side unlike Dad's Army Cats.

That's about it really. Except Phil I would check your mushies, if they have blue or gold tops throw them out. Or give them to the dog and make a video haha

Between 1990 and 2010 when I played senior football Sherrin was always the superior product. So much so that players wouldn't play in the league I played in the couple of years they went to Ross Faulkner.
How sad because Sherin was a inferior product. Always was. No waterproofing, still hasn't. It's always been a shite ball. Pity you Victorian won't admit it.

On the Dusty thing. Phil Rothchild does an interview with Dusty's manager, Ralph Carr. Carr says Dusty likes NRL and loves Sydney. Suddenly, according to Rothchild, Dusty is heading to the Harbour City to the Swans. Maybe Phil was taking mind altering substances and had a vision? Maybe he's just a sensation seeker? Who knows?

But here is a dose of reality Phil.

1. Dusty's contract does not run out until the end of 2024. That will make him 33 by the end of 2024

2. Even if Dusty decided to break his contract with Richmond Swans would not be able to pay his contract out. What's more Tigers would never kwt him anyway.

3. At 33 any contract would be a risk no matter how good the player. Look at Lance.

4. Swans are developing a young side unlike Dad's Army Cats.

That's about it really. Except Phil I would check your mushies, if they have blue or gold tops throw them out. Or give them to the dog and make a video haha

We've been through all this

Also not a crime, but I am very much creeped out by anyone that is into feet as much as Patton is.

I would imagine it could fall under sexual harassment if unprovoked and ongoing. Either way he hasn’t come off looking too good after this.

The feet thing is odd. I understand everyone has their kink but I just don’t understand that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would imagine it could fall under sexual harassment if unprovoked and ongoing. Either way he hasn’t come off looking too good after this.

The feet thing is odd. I understand everyone has their kink but I just don’t understand that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i heard joe daniher has a cupboard full of tiny shoes

Also not a crime, but I am very much creeped out by anyone that is into feet as much as Patton is.
Actually, I think you'll find it is, depending on the context & content of the message.

Cyberflashing may, however, be captured under a range of other offence types. For example, it’s a federal offence to use a carriage service to menace, harass or cause offence, which could apply to cyberflashing. In Victoria, it’s illegal to engage in sexual activity directed at another person, which could include cyberflashing, depending on the content of the image. And in South Australia, it’s an offence to behave in an indecent manner in a public place, while visible from a public place, or in a place other than a public place when you intend to offend or insult another person.

So many knee injuries in AFLW, another has done a ACL this is just part time for them and earning about 5% of what the men earn.

Its such a brutal sport for women is it worth it?
No AFLW would just mean women are playing at the local level and being exposed to the same injury risks.
Injury management, infrastructure, pay, standard of play should all be expected to improve over the long term with more investment in women's footy.

So many knee injuries in AFLW, another has done a ACL this is just part time for them and earning about 5% of what the men earn.

Women are 2 to 8 times more likely to injure their ACL than men, This ranges across different sports, which are nowhere near as brutal as Aussie Rules is.

Source.

good question.
Im a fan of sport, both men and womens sport. but can't really enjoy womens footy (afl, nrl or union). I thought it was great that the Swans hooked up with the Sydney Swifts netball team to share training and admin facilities. Swans and Swifts - 2 x very professional teams in very professional sports, both very entertaining to watch and together support men and women in sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back