Hornethorne and the wooden spoon dilemma

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah nah, north aren't winning anything without Cunnington
No club gets ahead of themselves like the Bombres, so it’s a slim chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are a win and percentage ahead of north. Unlikely they get past us now.
You gave them no chance against the Eagles too though, so…. 🥸

One thing to remember with Horne vs Daicos is that Daicos is doing it against kids where Horne has been playing seniors the last year a half. When he was playing against kids he got 30+ disposals while kicking goals on multiple occasions.
Horne in my mind will no doubt be the superior and damaging player over their careers.
A good example was Des Headland who was a kid in a mans body dominating in a kids competition. If you were to re-rank the 1998 draft he wouldn't have been anywhere near number 1.

A good example was Des Headland who was a kid in a mans body dominating in a kids competition. If you were to re-rank the 1998 draft he wouldn't have been anywhere near number 1.
Yeah I’m always a bit weary of the early developed kids who are playing senior footy, Bruce Gibbs and James Aish played 2 years of SANFL footy before being drafted. So did Will Gould. I’d go with Goater over Horne who looks to have the most upside in draft. Callaghan a close second. Horne 3rd.

I will be interested to see what effect the Melb lockdown has on our players in the run home. A number of Melb clubs have relocated Northam some level of personal freedom, whereas our guys are locked at home.
Will be interesting to see how we handle the next few weeks if lockdown gets extended.

I can’t see it having a positive effect on our players.....especially the younger guys

The key is our massive salary cap space. IMO and other really clever peoples opinion also.
We've had that space for 2-3 years.

The key then would be actually making use of it, which I'm still not confident that we will.

I will be interested to see what effect the Melb lockdown has on our players in the run home. A number of Melb clubs have relocated Northam some level of personal freedom, whereas our guys are locked at home.
Will be interesting to see how we handle the next few weeks if lockdown gets extended.

I can’t see it having a positive effect on our players.....especially the younger guys
Most of our young guys will get more PS5 time. Doubt they will care too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back